IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

The biggest problem we have suffered over the past 6 years isn’t so much the players we have signed, but more getting the consistency required from individuals game after game. How a manager demands more effective consistency from a player is a hard one, managers set the tactics and pick the team then the players have to go out and deliver his plan, the manager can’t legislate for players underperforming or not turning up, all he can do is slowly weed them out but that takes time, we have another couple of transfer windows a head of us before we get to where we and the manager wants to be, but for the players we have now if they don’t want to the next out start showing some consistency and fight.

Find myself watching a lot of PSG matches now that Kean is there. He’s looking a much harder working player. He might actually have something.

Everton connection just nearly created a great goal. Gana turned and took on two players before dumbying the shot and slip it to Lean in the area. Kean just took too long to sort his feet out.

Gana is looking like he’s stepped up another gear as well. Seems a lot quicker than I remember.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Find myself watching a lot of PSG matches now that Kean is there. He’s looking a much harder working player. He might actually have something.

Everton connection just nearly created a great goal. Gana turned and took on two players before dumbying the shot and slip it to Lean in the area. Kean just took too long to sort his feet out.

Gana is looking like he’s stepped up another gear as well. Seems a lot quicker than I remember.

It’s also a much easier league, but it can only give Kean confidence I personally don’t think we will see him wearing our shirt again. 

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

I'm his three seasons in England the only team he managed to do that against was an injury plagued Cardiff, that's how shit the French league is.

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

I'm his three seasons in England the only team he managed to do that against was an injury plagued Cardiff, that's how shit the French league is.

He was only with us for a few months mate before we loaned him back out.

Ended up scoring his sixth as well. Six in nine apparently. I know it’s not the premier league, but it’s giving him good experience at least.

8 hours ago, Palfy said:

It’s also a much easier league, but it can only give Kean confidence I personally don’t think we will see him wearing our shirt again. 

Your probably right. But at the moment he is an Everton player, so I am interested in how he does. Criticised him loads while he was here, so watching to see if I got him wrong or not.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Your probably right. But at the moment he is an Everton player, so I am interested in how he does. Criticised him loads while he was here, so watching to see if I got him wrong or not.

I agree it can only do him a world of good for his confidence and game, in 3 or 4 years time he could be the one we let get away.  

https://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-winners-losers-leeds-bruce-arsenal

Far be it for anyone to claim Everton have lacked consistency in recent years, but let’s just say the last time they kept clean sheets in consecutive Premier League wins was so long ago that Idrissa Gueye manned their central midfield ahead of Kurt Zouma in defence and Theo Walcott came off the bench for Marco Silva’s side.

Everton seemed to be sliding. Four straight wins to start the season preceded a seven-game run in which just Fulham were beaten – and then only 3-2 with the Cottagers missing a penalty. Their true level is somewhere in between those two extremes as an excellent but flawed side, still a work in progress.

The return of Richarlison and form of Alex Iwobi has helped. Everton are becoming much more ruthless in attack, ranking 6th in the Premier League for both goals and shots on target but 11th below Brighton and Fulham for shots overall. Dominic Calvert-Lewin’s proverbial golden boot helps in that regard but he has scored in neither of these last two wins.

That defence is also looking meaner. Chelsea were restricted to three shots on target from 72% possession and Leicester just two from 61% as first Jordan Pickford and then Robin Olsen were treated to relatively quiet evenings. Ancelotti will hope Allan can return soon as he has been vital to their improvement at the back. They have coped well without James Rodriguez, Seamus Coleman and Lucas Digne but the squad only runs so deep.

For now, Everton can bask quietly in this form. Their last successive Premier League wins against teams above them came last December, but beating Chelsea and Leicester to go fifth is slightly more impressive than overcoming Burnley and Newcastle to go 10th.

Recently Anna has made me spicy hotdogs on match days. The last three weeks I have had hotdogs and a can of beer set up ready for kick off.

I worked a bit late last night and only got back just before kick off. She made me a curry 🙁 

Last night was all our fault, sorry guys. She is grabbing me enough hotdogs for the next few matches so we should be back at the game Boxing Day.

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I've been here even longer 👀.

Merry Christmas to each and every one of you fuckers though. I know I can be a knob because I just say what I think but I love it here and it wouldn't be here without all of you.

Never ever have I thought that of you mate, you just don’t hold back that’s all. Merry Christmas to you, your family and friends.