IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

My only worry at the moment is we are still conceding a lot of chances. This is me being picky and wanting us to get even better.

But yesterday a better forward could easily have scored three. They had some quite easy chances that they simply missed. Same at West Ham.

If we could get 10% better in our defensive side, we could really make waves this year.

I k ow this sounds negative, but I mean it in a way where we want to improve.... and I’m 100% Carlo will be thinking the same.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

My only worry at the moment is we are still conceding a lot of chances. This is me being picky and wanting us to get even better.

But yesterday a better forward could easily have scored three. They had some quite easy chances that they simply missed. Same at West Ham.

If we could get 10% better in our defensive side, we could really make waves this year.

I k ow this sounds negative, but I mean it in a way where we want to improve.... and I’m 100% Carlo will be thinking the same.

Kinda agree but out team got chopped and changed again through injuries. I’ve no idea why they didn’t just crossed into the box all the instead of passing it short everywhere 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Kinda agree but out team got chopped and changed again through injuries. I’ve no idea why they didn’t just crossed into the box all the instead of passing it short everywhere 

Ye I don’t mean it as a negative, but more of our next step to work on. Loving us at the minute, but as always... wanting more haha.

17 minutes ago, StevO said:

Has anyone else started looking out for the results of the other teams who are expected to challenge for the league yet?

Finding myself looking at the fixture list a whole lot more now. Hoping Leicester and Liverpool can drop some points this weekend. 

I mentioned City in the other thread, they’re already adrift. 

19 minutes ago, StevO said:

Has anyone else started looking out for the results of the other teams who are expected to challenge for the league yet?

Finding myself looking at the fixture list a whole lot more now. Hoping Leicester and Liverpool can drop some points this weekend. 

Leicester are 2-0 down to West Ham which is brilliant for us, as much as they will probably turn it around City imploding is good news too - just hoping that they have a poor deadline day and this bad feeling runs until Xmas. 

Liverpool will be OK, sadly. 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Steve mcanamun was the commentator on my stream he said the same.  In that weather he said you need to abandon the pretty football and go direct when you’re down.  Especially since we are apparently the worst team in the league on set pieces and have let in the most goals.

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Yep I look at the table and results daily, calculating and scheming :)  

7 hours ago, Shukes said:

I think we are giving up some half chances but very few clear cut ones. Sometimes you will get punished from half chances given the quality of the players but I'd rather only give half chances than clear cut ones. I dont remember them having one prior to the clanger. 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

This! The number of times they tried to walk the ball into the net instead of getting a shot off would have frustrated a lot of Brighton fans especially with Pickford playing the way he was. Same goes with crosses and corners as you have said. Madness. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Definitely! 

Results are going our way at the moment. Leicester stuffed, Wolves only just squeeking past Fulham and same with Arsenal at Sheffield. Not to mention City dropping points and looking poor again yesterday. 

At least one of Spurs and Uts will drop points today too. It would be great if Villa could do something tomorrow! 

19 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think we are giving up some half chances but very few clear cut ones. Sometimes you will get punished from half chances given the quality of the players but I'd rather only give half chances than clear cut ones. I dont remember them having one prior to the clanger. 

This! The number of times they tried to walk the ball into the net instead of getting a shot off would have frustrated a lot of Brighton fans especially with Pickford playing the way he was. Same goes with crosses and corners as you have said. Madness. 

Definitely! 

Results are going our way at the moment. Leicester stuffed, Wolves only just squeeking past Fulham and same with Arsenal at Sheffield. Not to mention City dropping points and looking poor again yesterday. 

At least one of Spurs and Uts will drop points today too. It would be great if Villa could do something tomorrow! 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Steve mcanamun was the commentator on my stream he said the same.  In that weather he said you need to abandon the pretty football and go direct when you’re down.  Especially since we are apparently the worst team in the league on set pieces and have let in the most goals.

Yep I look at the table and results daily, calculating and scheming :)  

Both of you made me reread that trainwreck of a post I wrote! Still more effective than Brighton's tikitaka though :) 

2.34 according to understat. We are also leading the league in xG, 3rd in xGA behind Liverpool and Villa who have a game to come and we are also top on expected points. Put it this way, we are doing something right! 

As to whether its a positive to beat xG it depends on how you want to view it. You can look at it and say we made the most of the chances we had and that it wouldn't necessarily be repeated again. You could say it shows that the quality of our finishing is better than expected. 

35 minutes ago, StevO said:

Didn’t we have an expected goals of like 1.5 yesterday, but still managed 4? 
I don’t really get the expected goals thing but it sounds positive if we are scoring more than expected. 

4 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Leicester are 2-0 down to West Ham which is brilliant for us, as much as they will probably turn it around City imploding is good news too - just hoping that they have a poor deadline day and this bad feeling runs until Xmas. 

Liverpool will be OK, sadly. 

Never thought I would ever say this but I would take second behind the shite this season, but I don’t have to live in the City😉

On 09/06/2020 at 01:18, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Totally understand that perspective but what is the solution? Why would a huge international brand want to spend 10m a year on Everton kit? They could headline a pro golf tournament or F1 race for that kind of money and get 10x the return on their investment they would from us. Our place in the table is in direct correlation to the brands we are able to attract. 

Also I wouldn't say the top 6 have these super attractive names on their shirts: Utd/City/Arsenal are huge brands sure, Spurs/Liverpool are financial services (had to google as the states are totally unfamiliar with AIA and StandardChartered), Chelsea is yokohama tyres. 

I'm not being a wise guy, can you name a few companies/brands you would like to see?

Long delay!

What about Salesforce, JD.com, LG... All hypothetical I know but aspirations about global exposure are gaining momentum.