IGNORED

Antolín Alcaraz

This is the same Heitinga that a large section of Blues fans voted player of the season not 2 years ago. He was limited to few chances last season because Daveys top boy(Jags) was fit again and Heits just lost his place. I actually think his game maybe more suited towards Martinez style of play, id like to see him stay till at least January and see how it goes for him, Heitinga does have something to offer imo.

That's why I said on last seasons form!

I think the fact that Heitinga wants to leave and only has 12 months left on his contract has more to do with my desire for him to leave. When in form, he is a class defender, but his heart is out the door, and I'd rather sell him this window for something rather than lose him on a free next summer.

Yes you did, but many blues seem to have quickly forgotten his swashbuckling defensive performances from the previous season and are happy to kick him out the door, you even mention selling him.

Heitinga wants out, when on-form he's brilliant and dare I say a Martinez type player but he's got his mind made up, one more big move in Europe before his swan song back at Ajax. I like him but he had a poor season overall, maybe part of that is to do with not being in favour, maybe because of the rumoured broken down move last summer, regardless with 12 months to go on his contract we need to sell ASAP (unless he wants a 2yr contract extension on lower wages!!!)

all things considered selling Heitinga (who wants to go) who is on massive wages and bring in Alcaraz (who wants to come) for free, is on small wages and has already played under Martinez has to be a good bit of business this summer. As well as covering Alcaraz's wages, given the decent wedge Heitnga is on, that will cover the wage of another decent signing.

Yes you did, but many blues seem to have quickly forgotten his swashbuckling defensive performances from the previous season and are happy to kick him out the door, you even mention selling him.

there were still many of us though that recognised the fact that although he did put in swashbuckling performances, he was still not good enough to dislodge our two favoured centres.

I do admit i did enjoy seeing him go into tackles with his heart on his sleeve, but todays footballer needs more than that and i am afraid Heits just hasnt got it.

We need to get away from this World cup finalist mentality, damn it wasnt even Materatzi a world cup winner!.

The thing with heitinger is that its not just he is off form, he didnt even seem to put the effort in. jela was also off form, but anyone watching him would tell you it was not for lack of trying.

If we could get some cash for him then lets get it while we can.

And seriously guys. A centre back is a major concern for us, we have two decent ones and a reserve player as back up.

I'm not confident that this'll happen anymore. He's been out of contract since the 30th and he's still not signed. Usually there's some sort of pre-agreement with the buying club when a player is out of contract, Everton have had since the end of March to offer him a contract.

His signing will probably be announced tomorrow now I've said that.

I'm not confident that this'll happen anymore. He's been out of contract since the 30th and he's still not signed. Usually there's some sort of pre-agreement with the buying club when a player is out of contract, Everton have had since the end of March to offer him a contract.

His signing will probably be announced tomorrow now I've said that.

Everton didn't have a new manager in March, he started this week. I suppose it could've been done by now if Martinez was convinced he was needed - same could be said about Kone - bu since RM hasn't had 5 days with his new players yet, it makes sense, and is positive news, that the two of them aren't signed up.... Yet...

I'd imagine we would only sign him on a 1 year contract surely? Unless that was Moyes's rules and not BK's regarding not giving over 30s any more than 1 year at a time...

I'd say it was Moyes rules as he was the manager of the team. Alcaraz will probably come on a 2 year deal I think.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/8814820/Transfer-News-Antolin-Alcaraz-to-sign-for-Everton

Looks like its on... quite pleased about this. Allows us to sell Heitinga (£4m?), save at least £30k in wages and get a defender who can man mark and is good in the air and from set pieces. Will be cover I thin, but may impress and push distin. Hopefully Duffy gets his chance too.

I think I'd keep Heitinga for another season and get Duffy out on loan to the Championship.

Hmmmm, I think Johnny is ready to leave and to be honest based on what I seen last year would trust Duffy as much if not more, especially if he has Jags next to him. Duffy's time for a loan move has been negelcted and I blame Moyes for that. He proved he has all the attributes to be a good premiership centre half two years ago with MOTM performances - a loan move to someone like Wigan back then would have been a great opportunity and certainly they could have done with him.

I think Heitinga's contract runs out next season so we either have to sell him or get him to sign an extension.

Or keep him for another season and replace him with Duffy next season when he has a full season of Championship experience. I don't think there'll be a lot of interest in him either, last window only Fenerbahce were interested and they refused to pay 3m. We're hardly gonna get anything for him even if we did find a buyer, I think.