IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

Whilst this seems very positive on the surface, the only way I will get excited is how he acts. Providing so many funds is admirable, but if those funds go to waste then its meaningless. He needs to listen to advisors and accept choices made that he may not like. His actions will speak louder than any cash spending. 

Is he providing extra funds (genuine question). Not sure if it is the equivalent of "hey you owe me some money. Instead of cash for my loan repayments I'll take shares". So no new income invested, but perhaps debt removed??

22 minutes ago, Makis said:

It has no effect.

The club seem to think it does

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/farhad-moshiri-everton-breaking-22824880

Everton say that today's confirmation of Moshiri committing to buying more shares will improve the balance sheet and give the club better options in the transfer market and with the on-going funding of the new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Whilst this seems very positive on the surface, the only way I will get excited is how he acts. Providing so many funds is admirable, but if those funds go to waste then its meaningless. He needs to listen to advisors and accept choices made that he may not like. His actions will speak louder than any cash spending. 

I enjoyed reading it, because it sounds like he’s at least aware of the fans, but does that really matter to him is the real question? I think the next manager will help answer that. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The club seem to think it does

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/farhad-moshiri-everton-breaking-22824880

Everton say that today's confirmation of Moshiri committing to buying more shares will improve the balance sheet and give the club better options in the transfer market and with the on-going funding of the new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock.

That would be odd because what stops other owners, like the Newcastle ones, doing the same? Just loan the club 500 million, then convert that loan and FFP is no problem?

21 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I enjoyed reading it, because it sounds like he’s at least aware of the fans, but does that really matter to him is the real question? I think the next manager will help answer that. 

I think he needs to do a lot more than flash the cash and send a letter. The cynic in me thinks the PR department have prepped this and just asked him to sign, such is my distrust based on past actions. 

23 minutes ago, Makis said:

That would be odd because what stops other owners, like the Newcastle ones, doing the same? Just loan the club 500 million, then convert that loan and FFP is no problem?

Clubs have been generating extra shares to sell to increase profits for years so my initial thought was that it would help balance the books and therefore help with FFP

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think he needs to do a lot more than flash the cash and send a letter. The cynic in me thinks the PR department have prepped this and just asked him to sign, such is my distrust based on past actions. 

No doubt they have, that's what they're there for, but I get your point. Is it really how he feels? I don't know. 

In the end, the guy's not stupid. In fact, in business, he's very astute. He must know the immense financial impact of relegation, so I'm sure he's desperate to avoid that. The big question in my mind is who's making the new manager decision? It should be an experienced DOF; instead, it seems that agents and business associates are promoting their interests.

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

In the end, the guy's not stupid. In fact, in business, he's very astute. He must know the immense financial impact of relegation, so I'm sure he's desperate to avoid that. The big question in my mind is who's making the new manager decision? It should be an experienced DOF; instead, it seems that agents and business associates are promoting their interests.

Let’s be honest, every decision he makes he thinks is in the best interest in the club. He just hasn’t been great at making them. 

I've left my cynical side in bed today and thought the email was a nice touch. Regardless of the true intention.

However, 2 things missing for me...

1) I'd love these guys to come out and basically admit to fucking the last 6 years up. That would mean more to a lot of Evertonians I think. This was almost there, it sniffed at it but fell short

2) Love that there is a review. But if the review is being carried out by people chosen by the decision makers of the last 6 years and if the final decisions on the review are made by said people...well, it doesn't fill you with much confidence.

I feel there is an air of the Boris Johnson about this. 

He is a bit damned if he does and damned if he doesnt in respect of making a statement. For me it doesn't really say a great deal. What is the strategy he talks about? What grand plan must the manager must fit into? Has the plan changed since the sacking of Benitez / Brands quitting or are we still going down the same route?

Biggest thing for me is that he doesn’t speak a lot at all. He has felt the need to address the fans, and that earns a few points for me.

As for mistakes, I work in a world where mistakes are made. I can forgive that easily enough. Not making effort, I can’t forgive. As long as i see effort from him….. I’ll allow him to stay!

Sounds like a statement written by an aide, full of sound bites with no substance and even less emotion. Another let’s throw some more money at it to keep the natives happy, I for one can’t wait for the stadium to be completed so he can sell up take his profit and fuck off. 

12 hours ago, Bailey said:

I feel there is an air of the Boris Johnson about this. 

He is a bit damned if he does and damned if he doesnt in respect of making a statement. For me it doesn't really say a great deal. What is the strategy he talks about? What grand plan must the manager must fit into? Has the plan changed since the sacking of Benitez / Brands quitting or are we still going down the same route?

Might be due to the fact that's he's often said one thing then done the other, letting people take the consequences but not himself.

Feel uncomfortable with the protests, banners etc. Just demeans us as a club at the very time we don't need it. Benitez has gone there is going to be a hiatus till we get a permanent new manager. Moshiri sent the letter to fans yesterday, only words but let's see if it really does go anywhere. I'm a proud long-standing supporterand  hate being discussed by TV in the way we are now.

33 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Didnt look like too many stayed for the sit in on TV.  Anyone at the game today get a better sense of the numbers?

Maybe 100? Not a lot at all to be honest although you could hear them from the concourse. I think if the protests continue they will only grow in number.

There was a plane flying over the ground against Bill Kenwright too, but they're pointless in my opinion - been done to death.

20 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Maybe 100? Not a lot at all to be honest although you could hear them from the concourse. I think if the protests continue they will only grow in number.

There was a plane flying over the ground against Bill Kenwright too, but they're pointless in my opinion - been done to death.

They want us to stop buying young players. Like this window.

They don’t want a new stadium. 

They don’t want money pumped into the club.

They want to keep Rafa.

Anything else they want?

Just now, StevO said:

I’m certain you’re joking right? 🤔

To a point. But i do think it’s the wrong time.   
what exactly is it they want? 
We brought in Brands, who was universally rated. It didn’t work. It’s not necessarily a bad decision.

This board brought us a new stadium. 
Thos board brought us a new shareholder with money.

They brought us high profile managers, who again were universally respected.

What is it they are suggesting? Click the magic winning button.