IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Undoubtedly he should’ve come out before now, and he probably only has because he’s been shamed into it, but he has communicated and has said some good things.

The proof will be in the pudding though as they say. We’ll see what that pudding might look like after this summer, so I’ll hold off on any negativity until then.

I’m not saying I’ll forget about how bad things have been but I’ll give him the opportunity to walk the walk.

It will achieve its intention and that will be to potentially deter any fans protesting and literally putting heat on the board.

”strategic review”…… here’s my strategic review - the nob heads who have made an absolute mess of important decisions over the past 6/7 years, longer in the case of the chairman are still there.   Unless they go, things will not change. 

we are run by people who do not know how to run football clubs. Denise needs to go and work for a charity, it’s been months now and we have no news of sponsorship in areas where we could at the very least get some income in… doesn’t need to be a perm long term deal but get stuff done.  Bill needs to go, enough is enough - he simply can not stay.  Second highest paid board in the prem?! Ffs

14 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

It will achieve its intention and that will be to potentially deter any fans protesting and literally putting heat on the board.

”strategic review”…… here’s my strategic review - the nob heads who have made an absolute mess of important decisions over the past 6/7 years, longer in the case of the chairman are still there.   Unless they go, things will not change. 

we are run by people who do not know how to run football clubs. Denise needs to go and work for a charity, it’s been months now and we have no news of sponsorship in areas where we could at the very least get some income in… doesn’t need to be a perm long term deal but get stuff done.  Bill needs to go, enough is enough - he simply can not stay.  Second highest paid board in the prem?! Ffs

It won’t though. Those that were going to protest and put the pressure on will do it regardless because they won’t see this as anything but words (which it isn’t at this point) and those that weren’t up for that won’t protest anyway. Nothing will change on that score.

Personally, I think that while this is by no means anything to make everything ok I do think his appearance has been done better than Kenwright. He admitted no fault and was almost patting himself on the back for what the fans had achieved. At least Moshiri has admitted mistakes have been made.

I’m no fan of Moshiri and do look forward to him selling up but this is a good first step, albeit a late one.

54 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Talk is cheap, let’s see if anything happens. 

But he quotes some specific actions, with several backroom staff swapped out. To me, this counts. Also, his public support of Ukraine is a big deal given the size of his investments in Russia (such as Megafon). The single biggest thing I want to see is his trusting the staff he's now put in place. If Thelwell and Lampard want a player but Moshiri disagrees, will he have the guts this time around to trust them? This is my single biggest hope. Surely he must have learned his lesson of overriding objections to bringing in Benitez. What a calamity that was.

Just now, Matt said:

It's a bog standard after thought that states the obvious or repeats the same messages. This is PR 101 C grade level of communication.

Exactly, more insulting than anything else. Propaganda, they needed to open communication channels and allow fan groups opportunity to ask questions.

the like of denise knows she needs to go, she and bill are a double act. Got each others backs covered. 

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

He admitted his mistakes, he apologised, the stadium is on track and he said he will back Frank and thanked the fans. 

What else was he supposed to say?

Good statement, just want him to follow through on it.

It’s just words.  A written statement isn’t communication…. Dialogue with fans is what has been missing. Two way.  The Esk had provided more transparency on the finances than the club itself, he highlighted that we were flying close to the sun…. It almost came crashing down. 

the wording isn’t accurate either, they make out these things happened after the strategic review, they made all changes before it. The robust hiring of lampard?  They rolled out pereira, moshiris man….  Even after this moshiri goes and loans us el ghazi?! 

im sorry but it’s just words, the board needs ejecting. It’s been weeks, the echo which kept a deafening silence then ran a story on the silence after a disgraceful few years and then prentice pops this draft on moshiris desk to get signed off. 

the idiots who can’t run a club are still there, bill still has his train set. 

9 hours ago, London Blue said:

He admitted his mistakes, he apologised, the stadium is on track and he said he will back Frank and thanked the fans. 

What else was he supposed to say?

Good statement, just want him to follow through on it.

Something that isn't just cobbled together, empty, repeated phrases? The timing is also completely off too.

Juat reeks of someone who's been told to write something by teachers and parents, who have patiently dropped hints for months for him to get it done but have now lost patience and threatened to take his PS5 away if he doesn't write something. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Something that isn't just cobbled together, empty, repeated phrases? The timing is also completely off too.

Juat reeks of someone who's been told to write something by teachers and parents, who have patiently dropped hints for months for him to get it done but have now lost patience and threatened to take his PS5 away if he doesn't write something. 

The timing looks even worse today after the announcement of our new shirt sponsor.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I think Moshiri is damned if he does and damned if he does not with regards to statements.

We can only judge him on what happens from now, we have a new DOF, moved out staff, brought new ones in. There is also a process now for fan communication with the board I believe. I am hopeful.

33 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I think Moshiri is damned if he does and damned if he does not with regards to statements.

We can only judge him on what happens from now, we have a new DOF, moved out staff, brought new ones in. There is also a process now for fan communication with the board I believe. I am hopeful.

Time will indeed tell. Just seemed lazy, like an afterthought. Can't doubt or criticise his financial commitment, never have. But his decision making is truly awful and its going to take a long time before we see if he's learnt. 

53 minutes ago, Matt said:

We can only judge him on what happens from now,

Why can’t we judge him on what’s already happened? I’m a great believer in not forgetting history and judging mistakes of that time whether good or bad, for me that’s how you help stop the poorer things from happening in the future and the better decisions to be repeated. Let’s not let him forget the shit he’s caused and maybe he will learn to keep out of what he’s not qualified to do. But as Matt said his ability to build the new stadium and give us a bigger and better future in respect of what the stadium could and should mean to us, can’t be underestimated and I thank him for that. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Why can’t we judge him on what’s already happened? I’m a great believer in not forgetting history and judging mistakes of that time whether good or bad, for me that’s how you help stop the poorer things from happening in the future and the better decisions to be repeated. Let’s not let him forget the shit he’s caused and maybe he will learn to keep out of what he’s not qualified to do. But as Matt said his ability to build the new stadium and give us a bigger and better future in respect of what the stadium could and should mean to us, can’t be underestimated and I thank him for that. 

I mean we can only judge him on future actions to know if he'll be true to his word. 

22 hours ago, Hafnia said:

It’s just words.  A written statement isn’t communication…. Dialogue with fans is what has been missing. Two way.  The Esk had provided more transparency on the finances than the club itself, he highlighted that we were flying close to the sun…. It almost came crashing down. 

the wording isn’t accurate either, they make out these things happened after the strategic review, they made all changes before it. The robust hiring of lampard?  They rolled out pereira, moshiris man….  Even after this moshiri goes and loans us el ghazi?! 

im sorry but it’s just words, the board needs ejecting. It’s been weeks, the echo which kept a deafening silence then ran a story on the silence after a disgraceful few years and then prentice pops this draft on moshiris desk to get signed off. 

the idiots who can’t run a club are still there, bill still has his train set. 

I am with you on this.

Its all hot air, and whilst I get that he is dammed if he does and dammed if he doesnt, actions are ultimately what matter.

To try and then re-write history takes the fanbase for fools.

Ultimately this is also a man who has been in bed with a man with close ties to Putin and no doubt he has benefitted from it. An invite to play against Dynamo Kiev is in my opinion a PR stunt. 

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I know Simon Jordan likes to be controversial, to be fair it’s what he’s paid to do, but I’d love him to come in and be our Chairman to replace Bill. You know he would tell Moshiri straight if he didn’t agree and the man understands football and fans. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I know Simon Jordan likes to be controversial, to be fair it’s what he’s paid to do, but I’d love him to come in and be our Chairman to replace Bill. You know he would tell Moshiri straight if he didn’t agree and the man understands football and fans. 

Is he that numpty from TalkShite?

26 minutes ago, Matt said:

He's a fucking moron. More interested in the reaction than the subject. 

I disagree with him being a moron, if you listened to him regularly I think you would think otherwise (I’m assuming you don’t listen regularly as why would you listen to someone you think is a moron 😂). 
Being reactionary is a prerequisite of working for TalkSPORT. There isn’t a single presenter (maybe Laura Woods) or regular guest who isn’t pushing for a reaction. It’s click bait and their whole business plan. 

5 hours ago, StevO said:

Had a pint with him in Sinatra’s Puerto Banus when he was still Palace chairman and we had just got Johnston from them, he’s not a bad bloke face to face very talkative and fairly down to earth. 

• 3 weeks later...

the worlds biggest blue wants to stay for a bit in his £2m a year role…. I thought he did all this out of the goodness of his heart and cos he knows what’s best for Everton. Get gone kenwright and take little miss dynamite with you, maybe she will flog free tickets to blood brothers to the community, won’t make you any money but it may get her some awards.