IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

I think being part of a group could be the best move for us as we ‘navigate’ FFP and future trading. They’ve got Genoa C.F.C. in Italy, Standard Liège in Belgium, Red Star F.C. in France, CR Vasco da Gama in Brazil and Hertha BSC in Germany. I can see it as a way of not making the Gbamin, Tosun type mistakes e.g they’d always be a ‘buyer’ - it wouldn’t surprise me if there’s a lot of trading between the groups and I’d imagine it’d be to our benefit as the highest valued £££ club  in the group. It will help with ‘unknown’ talent with work permit issues too. I, for one, am all for the ‘partner’ clubs idea.

7 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I think being part of a group could be the best move for us as we ‘navigate’ FFP and future trading. They’ve got Genoa C.F.C. in Italy, Standard Liège in Belgium, Red Star F.C. in France, CR Vasco da Gama in Brazil and Hertha BSC in Germany. I can see it as a way of not making the Gbamin, Tosun type mistakes e.g they’d always be a ‘buyer’ - it wouldn’t surprise me if there’s a lot of trading between the groups and I’d imagine it’d be to our benefit as the highest valued £££ club  in the group. It will help with ‘unknown’ talent with work permit issues too. I, for one, am all for the ‘partner’ clubs idea.

I get more worried for the game, its going to make it even more unbalanced.

39 minutes ago, c1982 said:

A very cursory look suggests those owners are not operating in that way today. Doesn't mean we couldn't offload players but doesn't seem like a strategy between those clubs currently

3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Absolute fuck up.

Basically, before any new owner even starts to look at player purchases, wages etc, they need to splash about £1billion?!

How the fuck have these people managed to fuck this up so bad? And still they stay in their jobs? Deflecting blame to anyone but themselves?

I see a long road ahead.

Minimal player investment (probs a good thing, let's focus more on the youth and plucky bargains rather than cast offs from the 'big' clubs).

I fear whether we'll own our stadium. One way or another, massive funds are going to be raised against it. Don't forget we already don't own our training ground!

Goodison will probably end up sold off rather than the club having and dealings with any redevelopment or sentimental purpose.

Dyche and the players really need to avoid relegation. That would be catastrophic for the clubs already disastrous finances.

55 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Absolute fuck up.

Basically, before any new owner even starts to look at player purchases, wages etc, they need to splash about £1billion?!

How the fuck have these people managed to fuck this up so bad? And still they stay in their jobs? Deflecting blame to anyone but themselves?

I see a long road ahead.

Minimal player investment (probs a good thing, let's focus more on the youth and plucky bargains rather than cast offs from the 'big' clubs).

I fear whether we'll own our stadium. One way or another, massive funds are going to be raised against it. Don't forget we already don't own our training ground!

Goodison will probably end up sold off rather than the club having and dealings with any redevelopment or sentimental purpose.

Dyche and the players really need to avoid relegation. That would be catastrophic for the clubs already disastrous finances.

My fear also is do the club sell the new stadium to a property investor for a large sum, and we then end up extortionate leasing agreements. 

I've long stopped being excited for the new stadium. It won't be ours and will be leased back to us at an extortionate cost. It'll be a massive hindrance if anything, especially with the clowns in charge we have running the show. 

Everything about us is a massive shitshow and it's a long road ahead until that's fixed.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

My fear also is do the club sell the new stadium to a property investor for a large sum, and we then end up extortionate leasing agreements. 

53 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I've long stopped being excited for the new stadium. It won't be ours and will be leased back to us at an extortionate cost. It'll be a massive hindrance if anything, especially with the clowns in charge we have running the show. 

Everything about us is a massive shitshow and it's a long road ahead until that's fixed.

Yep.

Not only that but can we really trust these people to get an investment deal that's the best for the club vs themselves?

Doubt it.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Do the powers that be genuinely believe the supporters would attack the players, or is it for show to try and justify what’s been said by Kenwright about us to the media. 

After the Howe incident, probably just being careful. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Do the powers that be genuinely believe the supporters would attack the players, or is it for show to try and justify what’s been said by Kenwright about us to the media. 

I said straight away that it looked like a Bill Kenwright special - probably a security threat after Erling Haaland was put into a headlock outside The Blue Dragon chippy. The security at the end was properly over the top, especially given the mood in the stadium wasn't violent in the slighest.

The security at the game has sadly been a joke (at both ends of the spectrum) for as long as I can remember.

8 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I've got to say I'm a little bit worried about these but I really hope if they do buy us that they instantly get rid of Kenwright et al.

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I've got to say I'm a little bit worried about these but I really hope if they do buy us that they instantly get rid of Kenwright et al.

To be honest, this was inevitable with the way football has evolved over the past 20 years. We're a commodity to be traded, a toy. I lose more and more love for the game with each passing story. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

To be honest, this was inevitable with the way football has evolved over the past 20 years. We're a commodity to be traded, a toy. I lose more and more love for the game with each passing story. 

Thanks for saving me the time in posting - this. 

I go the game to spend time with my old man. My love for Everton has been killed by both our board and the direction to sport is rapidly heading to.

48 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I just wanna give a little nod to Kenwright,  he said we’ve had good times.  Well, this season I’ve had the pleasure of supporting Newcastle in a few games, Liverpool last Monday, will be a massive West Ham, Newcastle  and Arsenal fan on the weekend. 

good times indeed.  

Bloody fantastic isn't it? Having to hope for a Redshite win 🙈

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'd be shocked if they didn't do their research before buying us and seeing how much most want rid of him(and them), but then again that's just me being hopeful. The first thing they'd need to do is clean house though. 

4 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Mirror article says it hinges on Premier league status so there might be a wait.