IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

Thing is MSP money is 'we' won't see any of it, in a way. Its going straight to the stadium costs.

Even then, we supposedly still need another bump like that to cover the stadium costs.

Fuck knows where money is coming from to strengthen the squad. We haven't even got much of a luxury to sell in order to buy.

Yes what o read all along was that investment was purely for the stadium...but with that investment would come shrewd, financially savvy board members....which still might happen. 

as for players my understanding is FFP is still tight for one more year....but also Moshri doesn't have the cash flow regardless. Obviously I don't think he's skint but he can't make liquid a lot of what he has (Usmanov related or not, who knows)

I know Haf won't agree with me here but i am wondering that maybe BK was actually gonna leave but Moshri legitimately spent a week and a half trying to persuade him to stay.

if that didn't happen then we are led to believe that BK is like Obi Wan and Moshri is a Stormtrooper. "These aren't the droids your looking for"

either way Moshri looks completely inept in this.. Usmanov mustn't be pulling the strings either cos if he was surely he'd say you need to get rid of bill to shut the fans up (Russian oligarchs not afraid of getting rid of a problem or two)

10 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

I know Haf won't agree with me here but i am wondering that maybe BK was actually gonna leave but Moshri legitimately spent a week and a half trying to persuade him to stay.

if that didn't happen then we are led to believe that BK is like Obi Wan and Moshri is a Stormtrooper. "These aren't the droids your looking for"

either way Moshri looks completely inept in this.. Usmanov mustn't be pulling the strings either cos if he was surely he'd say you need to get rid of bill to shut the fans up (Russian oligarchs not afraid of getting rid of a problem or two)

I’m thinking a few things:-

1. it genuinely is a short term thing and kenwright needs to do a handover… 

2. kenwright wants to stay and is leveraging something over moshiri 

3. moshiri wants to keep bill as a lightning rod. 

I’m shocked. 
The only thing I am honestly hoping for now, and I hate to be so personal towards an old man, but I hope the security threat is still there as I don’t want to see Bill Kenwright at Goodison Park again. Should he remain in place until we move then I hope it continues there too. 
If he stood down I’d have no issue with him turning up at matches, as a fan, but not now. 

Im dreading going on Twitter tonight, I expect to see the worst come out in people and it would always happen in this situation. 

I’ve said for long over a decade that the most divisive man in the history of our club is Bill Kenwright, and now he is the only man who can heal the club. Only if he leaves. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Just been reading this in the Athletic for those who can access

https://theathletic.com/4635757/2023/06/23/everton-board-kenwright-moshiri/

Definitely makes it sound like it’s just a stop gap out of necessity until the MSP deal becomes official and the new board take over with Bell and Downing taking up the Chairman and CEO roles 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

As long as he doesn’t pass away before, I think it’s been already discussed and decided that Bill will be leading us into the new stadium for at least a season. There’s a belief from the owner in my mind that he thinks that’s the least Bill deserves and if the owner backs him then he’s in pole position, and if the supporters don’t like it it will be interesting to see how many ditch their season tickets in protest, because it’s clear Moshiri only listens when it costs him money. 

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

As long as he doesn’t pass away before, I think it’s been already discussed and decided that Bill will be leading us into the new stadium for at least a season. There’s a belief from the owner in my mind that he thinks that’s the least Bill deserves and if the owner backs him then he’s in pole position, and if the supporters don’t like it it will be interesting to see how many ditch their season tickets in protest, because it’s clear Moshiri only listens when it costs him money. 

It'll make me sick if that man is around to try and take any sort of limelight for a stadium he's had fuck all to do with.

The only stadium-related things he should be remembered for is fucking up the King's Dock opportunity due to his own narcissism and then trying to move us to the Kirkby shed. Both of those he very much had something to do with and should be his legacy.

18 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It'll make me sick if that man is around to try and take any sort of limelight for a stadium he's had fuck all to do with.

The only stadium-related things he should be remembered for is fucking up the King's Dock opportunity due to his own narcissism and then trying to move us to the Kirkby shed. Both of those he very much had something to do with and should be his legacy.

Agree with all that, I just really don’t trust either Moshiri or Kenwright they’ve got everything sown up between themselves, and I’m worried that they won’t let go of the control. Obviously I hope I’m wrong. 

42 minutes ago, StevO said:

I just watched this, and to be honest John’s explanation has calmed me down quite a bit. 

I had to stop after 2mins 30 as they were so boring. Not sure they can talk any slower when repeating basic information like - Moshri being a non exec director. Fair enough , if you're providing perspective and analysis and you are gathering your thoughts etc but at the start you're just reading facts. Terrible delivery IMO

29 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

I had to stop after 2mins 30 as they were so boring. Not sure they can talk any slower when repeating basic information like - Moshri being a non exec director. Fair enough , if you're providing perspective and analysis and you are gathering your thoughts etc but at the start you're just reading facts. Terrible delivery IMO

The useful bit as in the later stages of the video, so I think you’ve missed the good stuff. 😂

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Just been reading this in the Athletic for those who can access

https://theathletic.com/4635757/2023/06/23/everton-board-kenwright-moshiri/

Definitely makes it sound like it’s just a stop gap out of necessity until the MSP deal becomes official and the new board take over with Bell and Downing taking up the Chairman and CEO roles 

Maybe/hopefully so but it's still a complete shit show. They didn't stick to their 48 hr promise so why bother following up with this nonsense that just raises the temperature. What was the point in sacking the CEO, CFO and Graeme well before the investment came in? Any functional business would have been able to accomplish the investment and board changes in one announcement. Once again my hope for the future of this club is diminished. Until Farhad is gone we're fucked.

18 hours ago, Bailey said:

Today's announcement is a joke.

I hope people can see that Mohsiri is the biggest issue here. Kenwright is clearly a problem, but the biggest issue lays with the owner. It is beyond belief that he has now placed himself on the board.

It's weird that a successful businessman like Moshiri should be so indecisive on this. He has obviously been given the Grima Wormtongue treatment by Kenwright and is fearful of operating the club without him.

Kenwright is clearly not acting in the best interests of the club, and hasn't for some time. Repeated failure should mean the sack.

The fact that he hasn't been is solely Moshiri's doing.

An utter mess from top to bottom.   

47 minutes ago, StevO said:

Tom Davies showing that the unrest at the club impacts the players as well as us fans. 

Good luck to Tom wherever he ends up. I think a change will do him good.

Thought he had gone a little stale here, after bursting on to the scene as a youngster.

22 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Alan Myers says the deal will take 6-7 weeks to go through.

Interestingly, someone asks him whether it's true that we only have £5m-£15m to spend this summer and this is his worrying reply -

Wouldn't surprise me if we did.

I doubt anyone is expecting anything other than another tough season.

But I've faith that with Dyche, it won't be a relegation threatened season.

55 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if we did.

I doubt anyone is expecting anything other than another tough season.

But I've faith that with Dyche, it won't be a relegation threatened season.

Yes remember with this shitty injury luck and shitty squad we had dyche points per fame was like 1.1...not great but enough to be not involved in a last day relegation fight. Any improvement on that at all and we will be fine.

of course the counter argument to that is that others may improve while we fight to stand still.

there's always Luton though 😂😂😂