IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

This feels like a purchase for parts. 

I really struggled with Moshiri coming in, now we're following the shites model of a dodge investment group. Think the club will die with this one and Liverpool will get an all purpose stadium in 10 years.

I might feel differently after a coffee mind

Please have your coffee Evertonians will never let this club die 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

This feels like a purchase for parts. 

I really struggled with Moshiri coming in, now we're following the shites model of a dodge investment group. Think the club will die with this one and Liverpool will get an all purpose stadium in 10 years.

I might feel differently after a coffee mind

Make it a strong one mate and pray 🙏 

Name me one successful Premiership club ( that has won something or consistently qualifies for Europe that is run as a sound business "focusing on improving squad value and lowering squad costs".

Yes we need to be a better run club, but it is still good and large investment in players that wins stuff. This is not an ownership model where we will start to win stuff again for me.

23 minutes ago, MikeO said:

All of this speculation is, as far as I can see, based on the word of, "a person with knowledge of the matter."

Not exactly the most reliable source of info surely?

Lets hope it stays as speculation because if this happens I really do think things are going to get much worse for us.

My biggest fear is they instantly sell the stadium to make a quick buck for themselves.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Make it a strong one mate and pray 🙏 

2 hours ago, patto said:

Please have your coffee Evertonians will never let this club die 

Sorry, lads. Had the coffee, trying lemon and ginger tea now. This is going to be a scary time and even worse, Dyche will get booted by the new owners so we'll be back to square one and the squad will know he's on borrowed time. 

My usual, often blind, optimism doesn't find anything to cling on to. 

Just now, Palfy said:

It’s not looking like a good start to the week on the ownership front, all we can realistically hope for is that the league block the deal. 

Seeing as they allowed child executioners to own a club, I can't see fraudsters and convicted drug traffickers having too much trouble meeting their 'standards'.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Seeing as they allowed child executioners to own a club, I can't see fraudsters and convicted drug traffickers having too much trouble meeting their 'standards'.

I know it was a long shot granted. What about journalists trying to prove that Usmanov is the real owner and Moshiri is his puppet, and if a deal was struck then Usmanov would be the recipient of the money, that would block the sale. 

I'm trying to be optimistic. So maybe a living within your means approach wouldn't be a bad thing for the club. There's much smaller clubs with much less inherent potential than Everton outperforming us using that model (think of Brentford). Maybe the sporting struggles of some of their acquisitions are a selection effect as well: they're looking to buy struggling sides as they're cheaper and they would have struggled and gotten relegated without 777 acquiring them as well. (I might be straining to be optimistic there)

Convicted drug traffickers doesn't sound good though 😅 What's the story there? 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Johnson sold to him if you want to point fingers...

Kenwright borrowed money from the greggs to buy Johnson’s shares…..  the greggs were then prepared to deliver kings dock if kenwright stepped down but he lied and created a “fortress fund” to win the backing of the board.   The greggs then backed down - money from Phillip green (Robert Earle was the proxy as green was with spurs) bought them out and the rest is history.

kenwright conducted a leveraged buy out in a sense, the other operating costs …..  repaying big loans which were held by Robert Earle’s company at extortionate rates…..

blue bill and all his lies got us where we are 

This is very worrying. For however shite Moshiri has been as an owner (or as a studge for Usmaninov) I don't doubt their intention was to try and make Everton a powerhouse in the Premier league and become a Billionaires play thing for their own personnal bragging rights, so spend money on players, and got the new stadium to construction. Their problem ulitmately being they are just shite at running a football club.

Moshiri is now simply about clawing back as much of the money as back as he can and as quick as he can now and doubt he gives two hoots about Everton. We will simply go down as a failed chapter for him. 

This 777 mob look to be simply all about making themselves money. Is this going to be one final shite Moshiri desision to inflict further damage on the club. :( 

Prepared to be fleeced as a fan. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Kenwright borrowed money from the greggs to buy Johnson’s shares…..  the greggs were then prepared to deliver kings dock if kenwright stepped down but he lied and created a “fortress fund” to win the backing of the board.   The greggs then backed down - money from Phillip green (Robert Earle was the proxy as green was with spurs) bought them out and the rest is history.

kenwright conducted a leveraged buy out in a sense, the other operating costs …..  repaying big loans which were held by Robert Earle’s company at extortionate rates…..

blue bill and all his lies got us where we are 

:doh:

Completely missed both points but you have your bone so there's no sense discussing. 

The truth is none of really now what they will end up bringing to the table. I surpose you could also put a positive spin on it.

This day and age the days of sugar daddy owners is over, its all about clubs generating our own revenue. So in the longer run the best owners will be those who know how to use the club to generate the most money.

In 777's portfolio of football club, fortunately we will sit right at the top of the pyramid - and 777 will not be able to go higher as the Premiership is the pinnacle if the world soccer tree (and they can only own one club). We will be their flagship 'brand'. Could Everton get first option, favourable terms on player transfers from other clubs in the group? You would think that would make best sense to 777 as a group. I wouldn't go as far as say they would be feeder clubs, but the group as a whole will have a good working knowledge of these other leagues accross the globe and the players and talent within - this can't be a bad thing. 

One thing is for sure - no matter who the investers are in the club - none benefits financially from us being relegated to the Championship. At this moment in time we are a relagation battling team so are just as likley to be relagated due to current owner over 777.

Maybe ruthless proffessionals over nostalgic day dreamers is what the club is crying out for. Maybe a new chapter is well over due. The truth is its a bit of a coin toss.

2 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Sorry but I need to call bullshit.

First of all 777 only own less than 20% of Sevilla. They finished 4th in La Liga last season. 

Standard Liege finished 14th the year before 777 took over. They finished 6th under 777 ownership.

As for Genoa, yes they got relegated but then promoted immediately. They are mid table right now with more points than Roma and 1 point behind Lazio....but cmon we are taking 3 games into the season so it's pointless referencing current league positions.

For Hertha, they only took over in March so not sure we can pin relegation on them.....more likely a stupid decision to sell at such a stage in the season. That said they've started woefully in the 2nd tier so 777 fingerprints are all over that one. 

I am as nervous as you all about this but the "everything they touch turns to shit" narrative is a bit much.

Some much needed clarity, hope they improve us just not sure.

I feel this club has been run more as a 'corner shop' type operation since the beginning of the Premiership league - and we have been overtaken massively by 'smaller' clubs who have got there act together. There is an interesting artical in the Financial Times about American owners - and a keep statement sticks out to me 'proffessionalsing operations'. We have been severley lacking in this.

There is also a mention on the oppertinites than multi club ownerships can bring, 777 do seem to be all over this aspect of club ownership and as the English Premiership team of the group we instantly become their Jewel in the crown. 

https://www.ft.com/content/6f7c3b92-42d1-46d8-9dc3-0276c1ef703f

Maybe this is the sharp shock we need to try and muscle our way on to the big boys table. 

https://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/en-no/knowledge/publications/59c7db6d/multi-club-ownership-777-partners-spotlight

Maybe the Everton board consisting of people like Don Dransfield over Graham Sharps and Bill Kenwight of this world might just be a step in the right direction.

I seem to have now managed to convince myself if might not all be doom and gloom🤣

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

I feel this club has been run more as a 'corner shop' type operation since the beginning of the Premiership league - and we have been overtaken massively by 'smaller' clubs who have got there act together. There is an interesting artical in the Financial Times about American owners - and a keep statement sticks out to me 'proffessionalsing operations'. We have been severley lacking in this.

There is also a mention on the oppertinites than multi club ownerships can bring, 777 do seem to be all over this aspect of club ownership and as the English Premiership team of the group we instantly become their Jewel in the crown. 

Maybe this is the sharp shock we need to try and muscle our way on to the big boys table. 

https://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/en-no/knowledge/publications/59c7db6d/multi-club-ownership-777-partners-spotlight

Maybe the Everton board consisting of people like Don Dransfield over Graham Sharps and Bill Kenwight of this world might just be a step in the right direction.

I seem to have now managed to convince myself if might not all be doom and gloom🤣

Possibly true let’s hope you are right we certainly should be their jewel in the crown. 👍

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Maybe that's why I see Arkwright when I see the title of this thread. If you know, you know.