IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

7 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Hahaha Matt Hughes again. He’s a fuckin beaut this fella.  They wrote to 777….. oh fuck off! 

14 hours ago, StevO said:

They sent a letter to them? I wonder which address they used? Their office address maybe? In Miami. When all of their execs are in the UK. Or are they hunting them down to deliver it to their hotel rooms?

These stories would make me laugh if they all weren’t so ridiculous. 

It was probably Matt Hughes who sent the letter. Used the office franking machine - 1st class mail. 

14 hours ago, StevO said:

Some reputable journalists have said this letter didn’t happen. 
TalkSport talking about the letter as if it was fact today. 

Cheap shots all round. 

They’ve got to fill the hours with something to discuss so the best way must be to invent a story. 

777 are coming, so I'll not rabbit on about the negatives that I think they will bring. It's a clean slate, I'll reluctantly give them time. 

What I will say is that 1) They have spoken with the fans, which is a lot more than the current clampet has done recently and 2) They acknowledge the current mess that the club is in, no "I would like to place on record thanks to the wonderful owner" or "What a monumental figure Bill Kenwright" has been.

It could well be PR rubbish, but on face value fair does to 777. As I said to my old man, they can't be any worse than Moshiri & Kenwright, surely?

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Bottom to Middle table mediocrity is it for the foreseeable future then.  There's only really Tottenham as a top half team (but still won nothing) that is run as a successful business.

At least its probably better than where we are today, but far from ideal to me.

20 hours ago, Trigger said:

Bottom to Middle table mediocrity is it for the foreseeable future then.  There's only really Tottenham as a top half team (but still won nothing) that is run as a successful business.

At least its probably better than where we are today, but far from ideal to me.

Do you have any other options 

Like it or not, attending matches, and open letter - by the day it is looks very much like 777 Partners will be our new owner.

As its looks like its happening, I may as well try and dwell on the positives this may bring, as there is not very much I can do about it. 

If I could complie a list of 10 potential new owners, based on the whisperings about 777 Parters they would probably be near the bottom of my list. However, the massive sticking point is that there does not seem to be a massive list of entities scrambling to purchase us at this very moment. It is painfully obviouse now that Moshiri just wants out and wants this ASAP. So in a way any enthusiastic owner is now better than a disinterested one. 

Something that I am sure of is that 777 Partnership are very very seriouse about running football clubs - you don't invest money accross multiple clubs without a soild plan and version. Those who run it will have demonstrated to those putting in the money in that thy know what they are doing and have a sound business model and plan. 

At the moment our only real yard stick is to look at is how other clubs in the group are doing. The initial indicators are acting more like red flags than success stories. However, these other clubs are all also relatively new purchase - so you have to expect a few eggs to be broken when trying to make an omeltte. I think this type of change takes at least 3 to 5 years before you will really see real tangible benefits (unless you get super lucky like Newcastle!!). This purchase and revised operations at the club will be much more of a slow burn that a massive influx of war chest type transfer budgets.   

A new owner is a shake of the dice, much like buying new players or bring in a new manager in. We (and 777) will need a litttle bit of luck along the way. 

We have all been clamouring for new owners and a new board for sometime - especially a owner who brings 'proffessionalisum' to suit the modern game. It looks like we are going to get it. 

777 Partners seem to be the only bunch who are willing to put money where their mouth is and see the potential of Everton.

We know we will be at the top of their mutliclub model, which could benefit us massivley in the longer term.  Their staff will all be working very hard to make this club a success both off and of the pitch - becasue this is the only way they and their investment clients turn any sort of profit.

let just hope our luck changes a bit with this shake of the dice.