IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11600800/Aston-Villa-takeover-goes-up-a-gear-as-two-more-buyers-lodge-bids.html

So, three buyers for Aston Villa already but no-one buys football clubs anymore? It would be interesting to know what makes Villa a more interesting club from the buyers perspective...

Stadium

They do, have you ever been? Much better than Goodison with plenty of room to redevelop it all around the ground.

Had to do a delivery to them when I was a butcher, but only got as far as the reception. I really liked driving around it, its a nice stadium.

They do, have you ever been? Much better than Goodison with plenty of room to redevelop it all around the ground.

Nope, but are you seriously saying that's the reason? GP can be redeveloped, a very competent stadium architect has done the plans.

Nope, but are you seriously saying that's the reason? GP can be redeveloped, a very competent stadium architect has done the plans.

It's land locked though mate, the parking is virtually zero the corporate hospitality is virtually zero and there is obstructed views everywhere.

Villa Park is surroundedby a massive park and there is space all around it to redevelop it properly, roomfor parking, shops, restaurants etc, Goodison is plonked smack bang in a housing estate. Not sure where you're from so ifyou've never been look at it on google earth then look at Villa Park.

Not saying it's the reason but Villas ground is betterand has better scope to redevelop than ours.

It's land locked though mate, the parking is virtually zero the corporate hospitality is virtually zero and there is obstructed views everywhere.

Villa Park is surroundedby a massive park and there is space all around it to redevelop it properly, roomfor parking, shops, restaurants etc, Goodison is plonked smack bang in a housing estate. Not sure where you're from so ifyou've never been look at it on google earth then look at Villa Park.

Not saying it's the reason but Villas ground is betterand has better scope to redevelop than ours.

Corporate hospitality is the thing that can be fixed with redevelopment, and so are obstructed views. They are obstructed because construction techniques were not as good back then as they are now. The school in particular should be available for expansion.

Here's a look at what the plan looked like: http://toffeeweb.com/club/goodison/gfe/

Ward McHughes Associates are no mugs when it comes to stadium development.

Kenwright not at the game again today... anything in this e.g his health/ change's up coming/ just having a really long holiday!

I'd have thought he'd have been there today given the occasion.

Not at the awards tonight either, "not feeling himself" according to Elstone. Hope he's OK :(.

At the risk of sounding like a tool who pretends to be itk (because I'm a million percent not) I spoke to someone today who knows Kenwright personally (I know for a fact she does as I've seen it with my own eyes) and she said she text him and he told her it's true he does have cancer but told her not to worry he's ok.

Take it with as many pinches of salt as you like but I know this girl wouldn't lie about it either way so you can take that as gospel.

How bad it is is anyones guess and she's not even remotely close enough to him for him to tell her but it's confirmed.

So, apparently the board want 200 million for the club. Villa, with their presumably superb stadium (not my words) would cost 150 million. Which one sounds more appealing?

Not a bad return as TBH paid 20 million for the club when they bought it off Johnson. Maybe it's time for people to realise Kenwright is in it for the money, just like the rest of the board?