IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

The thing is though, Steve, is that it's all good and well bringing out through etc but as soon as those players show what they're capable of you get the richer clubs coming in and taking them from you. Sure, you get a fat fee for them but you're constantly having to rebuild so it'll be hard to sustain anything.

I'm not saying I'd rather we just had a billionaire owner or whatever, but it's not as simple as what you say and will lead to a lot of frustration along the way (if we ever did achieve anything at all with that method :().

Looking at this from the perspective of strategy, maybe that's what TV buys us more than anything: stability and the ability to hold on to our best players.

Looking at this from the perspective of strategy, maybe that's what TV buys us more than anything: stability and the ability to hold on to our best players.

It'll allow us to pay out me players better but I don't think it'll help us to keep them all that longer so we can build something - other clubs will still be better equipped to offer trophies and CL football.

It's not the way it should be but the "bigger" sides won't allow other sides to have the players that could jeopardise the status quo. United are the kings at stripping challengers of their talent.

Edited by Romey 1878

Robert Earl isn't the only proxy for Green. Bill is too, with all the debt to him there's no way he can't be.

It's crazy that one of our minor shareholders is one of the richest men in the country. And the money to buy the club came from one of the richest men in the country.

Yep, Bill didn't have the money. He's just got the prestige of the position.

He has turned Everton into a cash vehicle for that tax dodging slime ball.

Operating costs... Vibrac interest payments = tidy return on greens small investment.

It's written by a journo who has absolutely no idea what any of those clubs transfer kittys are.

Pure guesswork and speculation, every single bit of it.

i was just going to say the same thing. and some of the players they're linked with are laughable. griezman to chelsea? no way in hell unless they offer diego costa money which they can't.

i was just going to say the same thing. and some of the players they're linked with are laughable. griezman to chelsea? no way in hell unless they offer diego costa money which they can't.

Why can't they, they're making profits not so FFP isn't against them.

Why can't they, they're making profits not so FFP isn't against them.

Because they don't have David Luis to sell this time. Their wages to cost ratio is the highest I believe and they don't have the room within ffp to buy big unless they sell. Drogba remy maybe Oscar leave but that's not much. And they'll need to replace Cech.

Because they don't have David Luis to sell this time. Their wages to cost ratio is the highest I believe and they don't have the room within ffp to buy big unless they sell. Drogba remy maybe Oscar leave but that's not much. And they'll need to replace Cech.

Really don't see it being an issue, especially with the enhanced TV deal on top of reporting profits and additional prize money from winning the league - FFP is about living within their means which they can do comfortably. Add to that rumours this morning that Costa wants to leave, Drogba has already gone, Cechs replacement will be along the lines of Rob Green or Ben Foster, no one mega expensive.

The report is a bunch of crap either way though!

Really don't see it being an issue, especially with the enhanced TV deal on top of reporting profits and additional prize money from winning the league - FFP is about living within their means which they can do comfortably. Add to that rumours this morning that Costa wants to leave, Drogba has already gone, Cechs replacement will be along the lines of Rob Green or Ben Foster, no one mega expensive.

The report is a bunch of crap either way though!

yes the new deal is griezmann in, costa and filipe luis out. for some reason chelsea balance the books, it's strange but last year saw romelu, luiz, and a lot of loans, and they got some big players but they aren't like real madrid or man united just spending frivolus money. i think they spend a lot buying the young players to groom and sell, so that's where a lot of the TV money goes.

good question matt, in my rudimentary analysis it just seems they are pretty balanced in transfers. i could be totally wrong.

At least an extra £30m into the transfer kitty....

Oh wait....

No....

Green needs to open new stores in Seol. Earl wants to restart UK Planet Hollywood in the UK.

And Kenwright needs to pay off at least one loan.

All in all. No pennies for transfers.

By my calculations, then, our games were broadcast 17 times.

PS - Dohh. It actually says that in the table! Oh well, it keeps my brain active.

PPS - How come the head honchos in broadcasting decided that Newcastle were worthy of 20 TV games? What possible logic could they be using - or are they into broadcasting horror shows?

Edited by Cornish Steve

By my calculations, then, our games were broadcast 17 times.

PS - Dohh. It actually says that in the table! Oh well, it keeps my brain active.

PPS - How come the head honchos in broadcasting decided that Newcastle were worthy of 20 TV games? What possible logic could they be using - or are they into broadcasting horror shows?

They all came close to the end of the season because people thought they may get relegated. They're somehow classed as a 'big team', so I'm guessing they'd have loved to broadcast their demise.

This extra money is obviously being used up elsewhere already or we'd not be crying poverty this summer.

exactly. and the arsenal owner is super rich and owns other sports teams (he knows how to run them), he has a competent board and CEO to run things. they run a tight ship over there, that is not so much the case here unfortunately.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Very interesting way of looking at it...

http://toffeetv.net/should-everton-use-the-tv-money-on-real-world-costs/

It has worked at Arsenal but at a higher level... would it work for us?

Spot on really. The issue is that, this is a 5-7 year minimum plan and there is no way the fans would be patient enough to see it realized. Asking for time to implement a long-term objective is not an option in football, we've seen how quickly things can turn this season.

I'd love for us to go this way, but it will never, ever happen because of the demand for immediate gratification and results.