IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

Maybe still Isco, but not as simple a choice as it seems for me.

No entirely my point.

I'm saying other clubs are looking at improving their teams through really exciting & proven acquisitions. We are desperately just trying to hold on a great prospect but one who has only had 1 season

What is going to be the straw that breaks the camels back?

That picture of our merchandise stall next to Arsenal's in Singapore is the worst but spells out exactly how irrelevant we are becoming.

I read this morning of Liverpool chasing Isco while we are desperately try and keep hold of a 21 year old defender.

Something is going to have to force a change at Everton. Protests haven't worked. Is relegation the only thing that is going to stir some action?

I entirely convinced I could run the club better than Kenwright and could sell it within 18 months.

Depressed. Where is the light at the end of the tunnel?

To be fair, the've just had one of their prized assets taken from them by Man City so that's slightly unfair to say they are chasing Isco while we try and hold on to Stones.

They just list a 20 year old potential superstar, we (for now at least) still have ours.

No entirely my point.

I'm saying other clubs are looking at improving their teams through really exciting & proven acquisitions. We are desperately just trying to hold on a great prospect but one who has only had 1 season

Liverpool managed to broker a £49m sale for an over rated wide player too. Chelsea are trying it on with pocket change in comparison for the best centre half England will have bought through in nearly 20 years.

What saddens me is that I see other clubs progressing and it just seems that we're in the exact same situation as we were when Kenwright started. I'm not his biggest fan but I'll try and evaluate what he's done for us.

Positives:

1. Moyes appointment was a good one.

2. Good relationship with managers.

3. Never been one to sack a manager when we're going through a bad patch. Very loyal.

4. He's an Evertonian (clutching at straws here).

Negatives:

1. No progress has been made in finding a new stadium. We've had rumours and near misses but the fact remains we're still in an extremely old stadium that brings in little revenue for us to move forward. Compared to other stadiums Goodison Park is becoming an embarrassment.

2. He's said himself that he hasn't got the finances to compete with the top clubs so has stated numerous times that the club is for sale and he's working day and night to find the right buyer for our club. He's been on our board since 1989 - second largest stakeholder in 1999 and then chairman in 2004. So since his stint as chairman, 11 years have passed and you're telling me that no-one has expressed interest in investing in Everton FC - one of the biggest clubs in England (history wise)? If that's the case then he's obviously asking a ridiculously high price for us. Or of course - we are not for sale and he has no interest whatsoever in selling. I think the latter and it's been all lies over the years and unfortunately for us, he's been getting away with it. He never wants to let us go but is more than happy to watch other clubs spend and surpass us while doing nothing. Whichever is the case - something is not right.

3. What are the others contributing to our club? Elstone, Woods, Carter etc. Heard nothing from them and they're part of our board. Are they, like Bill, happy to sit back and call themselves part of our board but then offer bugger all towards us? Again, something is not right.

4. I know how much you spend is not everything but so far we've spent a pitiful 4 million on a player who can be bought back in his first 2 years while the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal are strengthening their squad again. Clubs I, as a supporter, feel we should be competing with and what's more frustrating is I feel we're not too far away but the players we need to move us forward cost money. We can't even compete with the likes of Newcastle who are showing ambition and strengthening. Frustrating.

Conclusion:

They need to go I'm sorry because they're holding us back and anyone who doesn't see it is being very naive. How it's going to happen I don't know but I just can't handle them anymore on our board and the farce we've become in every transfer window. Big, big pressure needs to be put on them as they're not going anywhere soon I'm afraid.

Edited by Geth

Geth. Yes the board is holding us back. But Elstone is an employee, not an owner. He deserves to be fired for not being good enough, not in the same bracket as the idiots who own the club.

The only thing I feel I need to add, we don't know how much we have to spend. Just because we haven't signed more players doesn't mean we aren't bidding. Just because other clubs have signed players it doesn't mean they have more to spend or are trying harder.

Geth. Yes the board is holding us back. But Elstone is an employee, not an owner. He deserves to be fired for not being good enough, not in the same bracket as the idiots who own the club.

The only thing I feel I need to add, we don't know how much we have to spend. Just because we haven't signed more players doesn't mean we aren't bidding. Just because other clubs have signed players it doesn't mean they have more to spend or are trying harder.

Well as you say he should be fired then. If any of us don't do our job properly then we're gone so the same applies to him however we both know he won't.

Correct we don't know how much we have to spend but the signs aren't good are they? Ideally you get the business done early so we're up and running by the first game but that doesn't look like happening either.

But nothing new.

Press button A to recycle anti board rhetoric. Any number could have written that and and number have written similar before.

And? If you read any newspapers that's what they do all the time as well. It's not like every article they write has a new subject.

Mission accomplished on boards behalf. At least 50% of the fans are happy to have nil satis nisi optimum on their shirts but kinda don't wanna go "into the weeds" for being accused of kopite behaviour.

The kopite shout does my fucking nut in. Our fans protested and drove Peter Johnson out of the club.

The kopite shout does my fucking nut in. Our fans protested and drove Peter Johnson out of the club.

He was a red, you can get away with all sorts of shit if you are the self proclaimed biggest Evertonian.

A few teary tales of the boys pen, cannonball kid, fist pump to the chest. It's enough to render the most ardent fan to becoming an apologist.

Maybe. But you're happy about our situation then?

Not especially, but I do believe that BK is doing, and always has done, what he believes to be best for the club. Not denying he's made mistakes.

A few teary tales of the boys pen, cannonball kid, fist pump to the chest. It's enough to render the most ardent fan to becoming an apologist.

It's "press button B for cliche C" time again. And I hate the "apologist" word more that the "kopite" label.

Has anyone ever read one of Haf's anecdotes of a player he once knew or had a drink with in his local in a Bill Kenwright voice? I strongly recommend it if you haven't.

I'd even question if Haf actually is Bill Kenwright and is just seeking reassurance from this forum - clever if so!

Was reading away all things Everton and this was bought to my attention. I admit, this covers two years ago but it's interesting none the less.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/everton-blue-sky-mining.html

Haf, think you'll find it interesting mate?

Think I recall that - yes it backs up alot of what is being said. Good article though.

I've heard some very interesting, yet disturbing, information from someone I trust with my life. When i get on the computer I will elaborate in more detail, but in summary the reality that I thought I knew has been turned on its head. And it's not positive...

I've heard some very interesting, yet disturbing, information from someone I trust with my life. When i get on the computer I will elaborate in more detail, but in summary the reality that I thought I knew has been turned on its head. And it's not positive...

Before you cause hysteria, how does this someone know?

Before you cause hysteria, how does this someone know?

He has spoken in depth with Peter Johnson and had a few details of "behind the scenes dealings". This isn't someone looking to cause trouble, just shared a few 'facts' shared by PJ about the takeover. I want to look into the details before I make any further statements but, knowing the guy, I trust him implicitly. I'm not easily influenced in this matter, and told him that I'm going to look into his claims, but it doesn't look good for BK....

He has spoken in depth with Peter Johnson and had a few details of "behind the scenes dealings". This isn't someone looking to cause trouble, just shared a few 'facts' shared by PJ about the takeover. I want to look into the details before I make any further statements but, knowing the guy, I trust him implicitly. I'm not easily influenced in this matter, and told him that I'm going to look into his claims, but it doesn't look good for BK....

Matt, ive said since my time on this forum that Bills takeover was naughty, he wasn't the right man, he has got us in bed with people who have no interest in Everton and doing the right thing. We missed out on kings dock and its a disgrace.

I know for 100% fact that Lerner approached us and never got so much as a meeting. Whether you think he was a good chairman or not, he pumped millions into Villa. Under different managers they may have really challenged.

Matt, ive said since my time on this forum that Bills takeover was naughty, he wasn't the right man, he has got us in bed with people who have no interest in Everton and doing the right thing. We missed out on kings dock and its a disgrace.

I know for 100% fact that Lerner approached us and never got so much as a meeting. Whether you think he was a good chairman or not, he pumped millions into Villa. Under different managers they may have really challenged.

When a man has to mortgage his home in order to be able to afford the takeover alarm bells should ring. He should have been a stop gap owner on that basis, not a long-term owner.

Everyone knows I'm no fan of our board and their deals. I've read so much crap from the club about how big we are in Thailand over the last ten years. I have just made my second trip to Thailand in the last five years. I've been to Bangkok twice, Hua Hin, Kho Samui & Kho Panghan. In both trips, covering these places, I have seen very little coverage of everton.

Last time I was there I saw one billboard with Cahill and Pienaar in Bangkok, in an old kit so I think it had been there for a while. This time I saw one advert on TV in a bar.

We hear how Chang have promoted us so well. They sponsor barca too. They have a billboard on every road in Bangkok with half the barca team on it.

We have no exposure out there at all.

On the plus side, I got a knock of of this years shirt for £3. It looks spot on too.

Everyone knows I'm no fan of our board and their deals. I've read so much crap from the club about how big we are in Thailand over the last ten years. I have just made my second trip to Thailand in the last five years. I've been to Bangkok twice, Hua Hin, Kho Samui & Kho Panghan. In both trips, covering these places, I have seen very little coverage of everton.

Last time I was there I saw one billboard with Cahill and Pienaar in Bangkok, in an old kit so I think it had been there for a while. This time I saw one advert on TV in a bar.

We hear how Chang have promoted us so well. They sponsor barca too. They have a billboard on every road in Bangkok with half the barca team on it.

We have no exposure out there at all.

On the plus side, I got a knock of of this years shirt for £3. It looks spot on too.

The Chang deal is just another example of Elstone taking the easy route. He may have done well in Rugby League for St Helens but he's in way over his head being a CEO of a PL club.