IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

Do you blame them?

Seriously glad some of your don't own businesses. It's their company, they have a right to do what they want with it, whether we like it or not.

If the valuation of Tottenham is £1b, do you not think that we as a club are worth at least a 5th of that?! New stadium aside.

If Villa are valued at £150m, that's going rate. Get over it.

He's not going to sell a £200m entity for £40m. He'd be f*cking mental to do so.

With TV money and sponsership prices, that's a fair valuation. Even more fair if you managed to get a buyer who's strategic team knew what they were fucking doing, we would look a steal at £200m.

Do you blame them?

Seriously glad some of your don't own businesses. It's their company, they have a right to do what they want with it, whether we like it or not.

If the valuation of Tottenham is £1b, do you not think that we as a club are worth at least a 5th of that?! New stadium aside.

He's not going to sell a £200m entity for £40m. He'd be f*cking mental to do so.

With TV money and sponsership prices, that's a fair valuation. Even more fair if you managed to get a buyer who's strategic team knew what they were fucking doing, we would look a steal at £200m.

Hallelujah! What position are any of us in to value a football club?

P.S if anyone is a professional football valuation person then please give us some insight!!!

Do you blame them?

Spurs' price is ridiculous.

Villa apparently has a better stadium, so you have to factor that in as well. A new stadium is, what, 150+ million making the club's price at 350+ million.

So if it's a steal why has the club been for sale for over 15 years?

So, apparently the board want 200 million for the club. Villa, with their presumably superb stadium (not my words) would cost 150 million. Which one sounds more appealing?

Not a bad return as TBH paid 20 million for the club when they bought it off Johnson. Maybe it's time for people to realise Kenwright is in it for the money, just like the rest of the board?

If you are referring to me there, I never said it was "superb" I said it was in MUCH better condition to Goodison (because it is) I also said there is plenty of room around it to redevelop it (because there is) and I said I loved Villa park (because I do)

Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd have "superb" stadiums. West Ham will have too once they move as will Spurs when theirs is built.

Villa apparently has a better stadium, so you have to factor that in as well. A new stadium is, what, 150+ million making the club's price at 350+ million.

So if it's a steal why has the club been for sale for over 15 years?

Because the beers are warm.

How would I know? Is it my place to sell the club? No. But do I own the club to sell if I wanted to? No.

Not down to me, if he hasn't sold it, that's his (and the boards choice). For reasons I may agree or disagree with, it's still his business.

If I could sell my business for £1m more than someone else in the same trade, who's company I don't think is better than mine, I have every right to value it at that. Whether I sell it or not depends on my principles and personal reasons.

Just get over it dude. That's the price. You want it? Buy it.

It's like walking into a Maserati garage and claiming that Kia's have better MPG, therefore you don't want to pay full price but one possibly closer closer to the Kia's RRP.

Levy has the right to sell his business, at what ever price he wants. If some mug wants to buy them at that price, fair play. It WILL ave a negative impact on our valuation however and actually increase our asking price. So it's a fine line.

Levy has the right to sell his business, at what ever price he wants. If some mug wants to buy them at that price, fair play. It WILL ave a negative impact on our valuation however and actually increase our asking price. So it's a fine line.

No, he has the right to price it however he wants. If I set a billion euro price on my house and my neighbour at 200 million would that mean my neighbour's ordinary house which in reality costs about 1/1000th of that is reasonably priced?

Because the beers are warm.

How would I know? Is it my place to sell the club? No. But do I own the club to sell if I wanted to? No.

Not down to me, if he hasn't sold it, that's his (and the boards choice). For reasons I may agree or disagree with, it's still his business.

If I could sell my business for £1m more than someone else in the same trade, who's company I don't think is better than mine, I have every right to value it at that. Whether I sell it or not depends on my principles and personal reasons.

Just get over it dude. That's the price. You want it? Buy it.

It's like walking into a Maserati garage and claiming that Kia's have better MPG, therefore you don't want to pay full price but one possibly closer closer to the Kia's RRP.

OK, so we obviously agree that Kenwright is a greedy person who'se in it for the money?

No, he has the right to price it however he wants. If I set a billion euro price on my house and my neighbour at 200 million would that mean my neighbour's ordinary house which in reality costs about 1/1000th of that is reasonably priced?

It means that your Neighbor is more likely to sell and in turn, is the smarter business man. He's made money than he could have imagined, from your ridiculous over estimation of your property. Smart guy.

OK, so we obviously agree that Kenwright is a greedy person who'se in it for the money?

No, we have agreed that he's a business man. First and foremost. Besides, everyone forgets he isn't the only stake holder and the majority rule.

Edited by tenaciousj

Well done Makis you have proved that we have stability. You have also proved how well the club is run as we have remained a top flight club without investment.

He is right guys, we have a great chairman and the club is run amazingly well.

He has also manages to spend 28m on Lukaku.

The guy deserves a medal doesn't he?

Yay, we have at least survived! Not won anything, but that's ok, because we are the plucky little Everton. Far from us to hope for a bit of silverware, right? We don't need any trophies as long as we remain in the top flight!

AND HE DID NOT SPEND 28 MILLION ON LUKAKU. If Martinez hadn't sold Fellaini, Anichebe and Jelavic he wouldn't have been able to buy him.

Who said we don't need to win anything?

Can you please quote me on that and send me to the vault.

We haven't just survived, we have punched above our weight...fact. History doesn't give you a God given right to win trophy.

So we sold players to make cash to buy another...is that what you're saying?

Is that not a smart business model.

I am not saying that Bill is the chairman that we need. He simply hasn't the money to be....again fact. But he hasn't done us much wrong in my opinion either.

Bill deserves a lot of credit forbade work he has put in at Everton. I agree though it's time we move on if we want to progress.

You are happy that there has been "stability". Of course there haven't, it was just that Moyes managed to overachieve with no investment. There was a serious boardroom fight between Kenwright and Gregg which lead to even more power to Philip Green. There was the Kirkby debacle which hurt the club. There was the Trevor Birch incident. And so on.

Signing Moyes was the one and only saving grace Kenwright has done. Signing Martinez is still debatable. Pretty much everything else has been detrimental.

That is an interesting article.

Maybe a good move would be to find a buyer for Earls shares. It seems he has lost interest in the club completely.

I disagree that he hasn't worked to find the club stability. We were in a desperate situation financially and could easily have faced much harsher penalties if we had ran the club as others have ran thiers. By working on that shoe string and stabilising our finances we have put ourselves in a position where the TV money can make a big difference to is rather than get swallowed up by the banks.

I don't think the issue with Kenright is his managerial decisions...but rather a lack of capital. The post you put up clearly shows there's no investment coming in from anyone else.

I'm not going to argue with you Makis as I have loved having Bill as a chairman...we are known as a club of integrity and a lot of that is down to him.

But I will continue to read your points and posts as they ate interesting and valid.

I'm just simply a supporter of Kenright.

Yay, we have at least survived! Not won anything, but that's ok, because we are the plucky little Everton. Far from us to hope for a bit of silverware, right? We don't need any trophies as long as we remain in the top flight!

AND HE DID NOT SPEND 28 MILLION ON LUKAKU. If Martinez hadn't sold Fellaini, Anichebe and Jelavic he wouldn't have been able to buy him.

And just to contradict your screen shot from your phone....it actually highlights that clubs that have been RELEGATED, have also been taken over. And look at them now! "Hey Portsmouth!"

Proves that being taken over DOESN'T guarantee you a league position, let alone a trophy! They might not even put a penny into the club, or as the Glazers have done and actually TAKEN money out of the club. (if you dare argue that Man United has 'spent' tons of money recently....just leave the forum dude, it's not even worth getting into it with you. You may as well hit the United forums for those answers).

Stop blaming one guy for the clubs inability to run efficiently. You should look at the Tanned on for that. He is hired to manage the club and all he's managed to do is avoid doing an ounce of work.

You have other reasons to point blame at Kenwright, which you're entitled to but don't use proper 'business sense' to make out he's a greedy no gooder. You're looking at things the wrong way.

You would be much happier to have some Icelandic billionaire take us over and use us as his bitch, because he hasn't got the foggiest about football, the fans, passion but he has money! So he must be the savior!

The club is running well on the current finances, but it could do SOOO much better....if we had people in place to manage it successfully.

The valuation is over the odds in comparison to what they paid for it. But it's their prerogative as they laid out the cash in the first place.

If he wanted to sell he could lower the price, but don't forget he borrowed the money from Phillip Green so he will certainly want a return on his money.

But don't forget, he doesn't want a buyer. He wants an investor. Big difference.

The idea the club is well run, whilst massively under achieving off the pitch compared to our peers, is laughable.

But right now, if the rumours about Bill are true, I think we can leave this alone can't we?

Edited by StevO

Proves that being taken over DOESN'T guarantee you a league position, let alone a trophy!

Stop blaming one guy for the clubs inability to run efficiently. You should look at the Tanned on for that. He is hired to manage the club and all he's managed to do is avoid doing an ounce of work.

Has someone actually said a new owner guarantees a trophy?

As for the second issue, who hired Suntan Bob, I wonder?

Proves that being taken over DOESN'T guarantee you a league position, let alone a trophy!

Spot on. You pay a high price when doing a deal with the devil to secure supposed investment from a billionaire. It's not investment: You become a play thing that's subject to the whims and changing attitudes of that billionaire. Far far better, in my book, is to run a business as a business and do it well. There's no reason why Everton can't become and remain a top four club with the current financial setup. It simply takes a different strategy: more focus on stability and homegrown players and less paying exorbitant fees for prima donnas. This is the right way to do it, and it makes everyone proud, does it not? Winning at all costs is not right. Building a lasting legacy is the way to go.

PS - if I could suggest one change, it would be to allow fans to become investors in some way. Other clubs have done this successfully, and it gives fans a greater say in some important decisions.

Edited by Cornish Steve

The thing is though, Steve, is that it's all good and well bringing out through etc but as soon as those players show what they're capable of you get the richer clubs coming in and taking them from you. Sure, you get a fat fee for them but you're constantly having to rebuild so it'll be hard to sustain anything.

I'm not saying I'd rather we just had a billionaire owner or whatever, but it's not as simple as what you say and will lead to a lot of frustration along the way (if we ever did achieve anything at all with that method :().

I would love us to have a sheikh or Abramovic, absolutely love it.

OK, but putting the realities to one side for a moment; you'd much prefer it if we won things as we are wouldn't you?

I'd still keep supporting us and celebrating if we had Bill Gates at the helm and Messi and Ronaldo leading the line, but there's no way it'd give me the same feeling as the eighties did.

OK, but putting the realities to one side for a moment; you'd much prefer it if we won things as we are wouldn't you?

I'd still keep supporting us and celebrating if we had Bill Gates at the helm and Messi and Ronaldo leading the line, but there's no way it'd give me the same feeling as the eighties did.

It wouldn't be the same as the 80s mate but football will NEVER be like that again. I know Athletico done it last season but it's normal service resumed now in Spain.

The only way we'll ever compete again is getting a suugar daddy. Is it ideal? Course not. Do I hate the idea of it? Yes I do but it's the only way we're ever going to be at the top.

I've a ccepted that and I would be happy for a Abramovic to buy us.

I've slso sccepted it'll probably never happen.