IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

He owns Buffalo Sabres and at least they haven't exactly been great since he bought them, finishing dead last in the NHL last season and looking at their trades they have traded their best players for future draft picks and lesser players (Pominville for Hackett and Larsson? Miller and Ott for three lesser players and two draft picks?).

I'm not too familiar with the goings on, I'll dig deeper if this really goes forward, but it definitely does not look like Pegula has been throwing money at Sabres.

Edited by Makis

Well, last season was so bad for Sabres that it will be remembered for a long time. They were so bad their own fans wanted them to loose a certain match so they would finish last because at least that would guarantee a top-two draft pick and they did end up with a future superstar (Jack Eichel). Their GM and coach have been replaced several times already. They also have one of the smallest budgets in the NHL (24th out of 30).

But it's not necessarily that bad: http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-opinion/2015/3/21/8265833/2015-bills-2011-sabres-offseasons-similar-kim-terry-pegula

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24702649/reviewing-terry-pegulas-tenure-as-buffalo-sabres-owner

Just read up on them. He's willing to spend and had done so with a very small market team (buffalo is tiny and dwarfed in the same state as nyc). The thing with American sports is the salary cap, without that in the premier league I think he could make a good owner. Also his American connections alone would next some better sponsorship.

Made his money in oil business. the stadium would be a profit machine for the new owner since there are a ton more games than American football (38 league to 16, plus cup matches) if he decided to fund and own it himself.

Very interesting prospect. And makis he does own the bills, he owns both the Sabres and bills.

Edited by markjazzbassist

He owns Buffalo Sabres and at least they haven't exactly been great since he bought them, finishing dead last in the NHL last season and looking at their trades they have traded their best players for future draft picks and lesser players (Pominville for Hackett and Larsson? Miller and Ott for three lesser players and two draft picks?).

I'm not too familiar with the goings on, I'll dig deeper if this really goes forward, but it definitely does not look like Pegula has been throwing money at Sabres.

He did throw a bunch of money and brought in a number of players when he first bought the Sabres. The team didn't reach the heights it was expected to so they got rid of all of their stars and have been trying to rebuild through draftpicks and young players ever since. It'll be at least a few years before they are competitive again but we'll see if the plan works.

He did throw a bunch of money and brought in a number of players when he first bought the Sabres. The team didn't reach the heights it was expected to so they got rid of all of their stars and have been trying to rebuild through draftpicks and young players ever since. It'll be at least a few years before they are competitive again but we'll see if the plan works.

Yes, but that's with a salary cap. And his willingness to build that new arena, harbor centre or whatever it's called for them shows he's willing to spend his money.

His decision once he bought the bills to hire Rex Ryan as coach was a master stroke I thought. They were made immediate contenders that day. I think they could make the playoffs this year. He definately opened the checkbook to get him.

Pegula is a good owner. He really invests not only in the teams but the city as well. Huge part of why he bought the Bills was to ensure that they weren't taken to Toronto, which the NFL had been wanting to do. His investment with the Sabres has done a fair deal for downtown Buffalo in the past few years. He's even trying to bring the Bills stadium out of Orchard Park, NY (10-15 miles south of Buffalo) into downtown.

If he took a role with Everton, we would see dramatic changes. And, there would definitely be investment in a stadium. He's a forward-thinking guy, but also very loyal to the fans.

This would be major.

Someone saw him the other day in a restaurant in good health. I don't expect him to go anytime soon.

He's rumoured to have cancer, doesn't mean he can't go out for dinner...

Pegula is a good owner. He really invests not only in the teams but the city as well. Huge part of why he bought the Bills was to ensure that they weren't taken to Toronto, which the NFL had been wanting to do. His investment with the Sabres has done a fair deal for downtown Buffalo in the past few years. He's even trying to bring the Bills stadium out of Orchard Park, NY (10-15 miles south of Buffalo) into downtown.

If he took a role with Everton, we would see dramatic changes. And, there would definitely be investment in a stadium. He's a forward-thinking guy, but also very loyal to the fans.

This would be major.

Don't go getting me excited :shaking fist:

First and foremost - wanting a football club to do well plays second fiddle by far to the health and happiness of another human being.

I'm all for us selling the club to an owner who can make this club great again - but it has to be in the right circumstances.

I can be very critical of Bill Kenwright in a business sense but he stands for a lot of good when it comes to the image of our club. The way in which we conduct ourselves is very much down to the ethos and sentimentality he demonstrates - the hillsborough memorial was a prime example of the class he has in thise situations.

I want Bill to step down and enjoy life, not have to face millitant blues who he can't really handle. Everton fans are passionate and will not sit back and see us slide further. The time is perfect for Bill to step away (it was 10 years ago) and I wish him and his family well and years of living in good health - not stress.

First and foremost - wanting a football club to do well plays second fiddle by far to the health and happiness of another human being.

I'm all for us selling the club to an owner who can make this club great again - but it has to be in the right circumstances.

I can be very critical of Bill Kenwright in a business sense but he stands for a lot of good when it comes to the image of our club. The way in which we conduct ourselves is very much down to the ethos and sentimentality he demonstrates - the hillsborough memorial was a prime example of the class he has in thise situations.

I want Bill to step down and enjoy life, not have to face millitant blues who he can't really handle. Everton fans are passionate and will not sit back and see us slide further. The time is perfect for Bill to step away (it was 10 years ago) and I wish him and his family well and years of living in good health - not stress.

Brilliant post.

Lads heard a wisper today that bill Kenwright has had a meeting with a billionaire from America

His name is Terrence pegula he owns the buffalo bills and apparently the new stadium is not a problem to them so fingers crossed something may come of it.

Why do people make up this shit?

"Lads heard a whisper" - completely ends any hope if this being true. Somebody gargling tripe at the match thinking he's ITK

I must admit I have heard a couple of things - I also have a strong gut feeling that really the sale is the only thing that can improve us and it has been slowly realised.

I just hope if this is true the best present Bill and co (because lets be honest - I want the lot gone, he's carried the can when I would question what the likes of earl and chums have done) can leave us - a visionary owner who knows how to transform us.

Doibt Patto is desperate enough for a bit of attention to make something up full stop never mind this. He's just passing it on.

It is what it is and he's only repeating what he's heard. I for one am grateful for it Patto. If nobody shared there would be no rumour section or much to talk about other than the shite we're witnessing on the pitch.

Thanks for sharing Patto mate.

And he never said for a single second it was going to happen he just said he'd heard a whisper and shared it. Fucking hell MC, but the shitty stick down and stop beating people with it. The lads just passing on what he heard, you can make of it what you will but if no one shared anything we wouldn't be sitting here swapping posts.