IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

When there was talk of getting out of the ten year deal half way though. It wasn't some massive loop hole though, there was just a half way break clause.

At the time there was social media uproar and the club posted an article about how good the deal really was.

Not sure how, i remember when we signed the Kitbag deal, it was crap, there were clubs in the championship with better kit deals

When there was talk of getting out of the ten year deal half way though. It wasn't some massive loop hole though, there was just a half way break clause.

At the time there was social media uproar and the club posted an article about how good the deal really was.

Apparently it runs out in May 2019 and was extended back in 2014

decent write-up here

https://theesk.org/2017/05/28/outsourcing-is-costing-everton-dear/

That's true matt. The original deal started in 2008 for ten years, with a break clause half way through.

The story of the break was in 2015, a year after it had been waived and the club responded with the article I just posted.

Also, "how good the deal really was" is tongue in cheek. I think it's terrible. It was useful because the club couldn't run its own operation to a good standard at the time, poor management and leadership for me.

Edited by StevO

That's true matt. The original deal started in 2008 for ten years, with a break clause half way through.

The story of the break was in 2015, a year after it had been waived and the club responded with the article I just posted.

Posted whilst I was posting :) Cheers, Steve.

It would be interesting to see how much of a hit we'd need to take to cut the deal loose early, and how much of an improvement we could make

Don't we get £3m per year from them?

They may want an equivalent back from us, two years left £6m. Obviously that's just a guess in the dark.

God knows what we could get for a new deal now.

Sounds like a bargain to me. Shirt sales globally from Rooney signing would probably cover it :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2017-aliko-dangote-interview/

Potential future Arsenal buyout, leaving Usmanov's interests potentially free for another club....

FL Youve mentioned wanting to buy Arsenal Football Club before. Is that still on your wish list?

AD Yes, but I dont want to go after Arsenal until I deliver the refinery. Once I deliver, I will go after Arsenal.

FL There are no other clubs youd want to buy?

AD I dont change clubs. Even when Arsenal isnt doing well I still stick by them. Its a great team, well-run. It could be run better, so I will be there. I will wait. Even if things change I will take it and make the difference going forward.

FL Do you think Stan Kroenke and Alisher Usmanov would sell their stakes?

AD Well, you know anything is possible in this world. If they get the right offer, Im sure they would walk away. Well be in a position to give them the right offer. They will not hold ­Arsenal forever. Someone will give them an offer that will make them seriously consider walking away. And when we finish the refinery, I think we will be in a position to do that.

FL How would you change things?

AD The first thing I would change is the coach. He has done a good job, but someone else should also try his luck.

Edited by DavisJD

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2017-aliko-dangote-interview/

Potential future Arsenal buyout, leaving Usmanov's interests potentially free for another club....

FL Youve mentioned wanting to buy Arsenal Football Club before. Is that still on your wish list?

AD Yes, but I dont want to go after Arsenal until I deliver the refinery. Once I deliver, I will go after Arsenal.

FL There are no other clubs youd want to buy?

AD I dont change clubs. Even when Arsenal isnt doing well I still stick by them. Its a great team, well-run. It could be run better, so I will be there. I will wait. Even if things change I will take it and make the difference going forward.

FL Do you think Stan Kroenke and Alisher Usmanov would sell their stakes?

AD Well, you know anything is possible in this world. If they get the right offer, Im sure they would walk away. Well be in a position to give them the right offer. They will not hold ­Arsenal forever. Someone will give them an offer that will make them seriously consider walking away. And when we finish the refinery, I think we will be in a position to do that.

FL How would you change things?

AD The first thing I would change is the coach. He has done a good job, but someone else should also try his luck.

I don't see kroenke selling them. Granted this guy is worth twice as much as kroenke, but he's a shrewd businessman. Screwed over his hometown and used them to get his move to LA with the rams.

I don't see kroenke selling them. Granted this guy is worth twice as much as kroenke, but he's a shrewd businessman. Screwed over his hometown and used them to get his move to LA with the rams.

Acquisitions usually involve getting board control over time, putting favourable people on the board for voting decisions and purchasing more shares as they become available. For Everton's interest, we may not need Kroenke to sell immediately.

Will be an interesting one to follow over the coming years...

Acquisitions usually involve getting board control over time, putting favourable people on the board for voting decisions and purchasing more shares as they become available. For Everton's interest, we may not need Kroenke to sell immediately.

Will be an interesting one to follow over the coming years...

Sorry I think I misinterpreted what you originally said. So you think he will buy out usmanov first and then use that to then buy out kroenke? I think usmanov tried to but kroenke said he wasn't selling.

Sorry I think I misinterpreted what you originally said. So you think he will buy out usmanov first and then use that to then buy out kroenke? I think usmanov tried to but kroenke said he wasn't selling.

It's one possibility, pie in the sky stuff at this point but there is potential there for a staged takeover.

We have owners that are re-investing, building for the future, and seemingly not just fleecing the club as has so unfortunately happened to some clubs. Happy days!

Edited by DavisJD

• 3 weeks later...