IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

Haha Barton trying to make a name for himself by coming out with headlines...albeit made up headlines. The lads nothing but a thug and doesn't deserve to be called by his first name. He'd get Barton in prison (where he'll end up), so I'll keep with that.

15 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Nah, I'm not having it. I don't believe it for a second that he's done that. 

We'll probably never know but I wouldn't put it past him if a striker was valued at 30 mil (for example) and the selling club said we'll sell at 45 him saying no.

could be a clue with the wrangling of Siguardsun - but again it's just speculation.

6 minutes ago, Paddock said:

We'll probably never know but I wouldn't put it past him if a striker was valued at 30 mil (for example) and the selling club said we'll sell at 45 him saying no.

could be a clue with the wrangling of Siguardsun - but again it's just speculation.

We're absolutely desperate for a striker. If ever there was an opportunity for him to block a transfer it was the Sigurdsson one because that was, and still is, absolutely ridiculous. 

If he did block a transfer I just couldn't see it being due to a fee. 

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We're absolutely desperate for a striker. If ever there was an opportunity for him to block a transfer it was the Sigurdsson one because that was, and still is, absolutely ridiculous. 

If he did block a transfer I just couldn't see it being due to a fee. 

Either way we never got one- Koeman did say in his presser sometimes it is due to the money involved.

2 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Either way we never got one- Koeman did say in his presser sometimes it is due to the money involved.

I think it may have come down to money with some targets and rightfully so... say £40m plus on Benteke or Jiminez - some fees are just too much of a risk. Yes we paid over the odds for Sigurdsson but he's got the proven track record at this level. Same could possibly said about Benteke but you've got to have limits.

8 minutes ago, Paddock said:

I can't see Koeman being so calm about it if he'd had a signing blocked? He'd have no problem throwing anyone under the bus. 

I know he said that, but to me it came across as meaning that because there's so much money involved these days that deals are very complicated and tough to get over the line. 

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Most saw through this anyway... gave the likes of Watched Toffee something to get excited over for a few days though!!!

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Starting to think the issue is Moshiri which is sad because a lot of us thought he could be our savior.

Feel sorry for him. He's done a Lerner, come in all guns blazing and been let down majorly by those he's put his faith in. 

He needs to start listening to Bill, and do due diligence on signings rather than this moneyball bullshit Walsh must be using.