IGNORED

January

Romey 1878

Chelsea bid £3.5m which was accepted and Spurs matched it. Not sure if it was in dribs and drabs though.

With all the different figures being spoken of I thought Id go and check, and it was £3m (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/everton/8265068/Steven-Pienaar-close-to-Tottenham-move-after-3m-fee-agreed-with-Everton.html) so no one was right :lol:.

• 2 weeks later...

Lee from Bolton is out of contract in the summer. I'd have him here in a heart beat now to fill the Pienaar sized hole left in our team. He's only 26 - would be a brilliant signing in my eyes for anything up to £4m.

Seriously? You think he's good enough to come in and do a job here?

There's a good reason he's not been bought by a prem side. I'd be furious with a signing like that.

There's a good reason he's not been bought by a prem side. I'd be furious with a signing like that.

I definitely do. He had a big injury a couple of years ago but seems back to full fitness. Looked more than comfortable in his time in the Prem.

Lee is a very good player I'd expect the only reason other clubs haven't bought him was due to his injury a severely broken leg that set him back nigh on a full season then the next season he was eased back into the side but prior to that he was brilliant and we'd have had to pay a substantial fee if we wanted him back then

On his day he's great and if he can regain the form he had before his injury he's the kind of creative player we currently need and at £4m he's a potential bargain!!

Yes but just a minor injury (2weeks max). Think he's been sent back to Bolton from it.

I think Bolton have said he'll be staying until the end of the season anyway.

He looked good a few years ago, but since his injury I've not seen enough of him to judge whether he'd be a worthwhile signing or not.

I think Bolton have said he'll be staying until the end of the season anyway.

He looked good a few years ago, but since his injury I've not seen enough of him to judge whether he'd be a worthwhile signing or not.

Don't think they could turn anything over £2m down now with him leaving on a free in the summer.

Tim Cahill, Joe Parkinson, Phil Jagielka all bought from non prem clubs.

I actually think Lee is a better player than the side he plays for.