IGNORED

Tony Hibbert - will he figure again?

Avinalaff

• 3 months later...

I think it makes sense. Good club servant, wages probably not too high (compared to a bought in replacement), even though he was exasperating at times, I actually thought that he was getting better with age. Also - he owes us a goal...

i agree. he's probably super cheap, and is a great locker room guy and has been with everton for a long time. why not? i'd rather him than some castoff from a relegation team or a bench player from villa or something. at least we know what he can do and how.

Don't care what anyone says HIbbo was a decent RB back in the day.

Granted he was limited but always remember them recovering slide tackles. Great servant to the club!

But this is today and he shouldn't be getting a playing contract.

Coleman needs someone behind him to push him. Whether that comes from a youngster already here or we bring someone in. But Hibbert isn't going to push anyone now. He's done.

Coleman needs someone behind him to push him. Whether that comes from a youngster already here or we bring someone in. But Hibbert isn't going to push anyone now. He's done.

There is no disputing that his time in the first team is over. However, the guy has been the ULTIMATE proffessional here and he deserves a lot more credit than he gets.

Right now other areas of the team need improving on or depth added to them, we have three or so players that can play in the RB position and Hibbert is going to probably get a short term contract on a miniscule wage. That suits me for a season or so.

Right now other areas of the team need improving on or depth added to them, we have three or so players that can play in the RB position and Hibbert is going to probably get a short term contract on a miniscule wage. That suits me for a season or so.

He isn't good enough to come in for Coleman. If Coleman gets injured and misses say 9 months you'd be comfortable with Hibbert coming in? Sorry, but that's crazy. He's barely played a game in 18 months due to injury and just not being good enough.

Move him on to the coaching side but he should be nowhere near being part of the playing squad.

hes been out for a season. Even with his age against him, I don't think we should be ready to write him off...

He isn't good enough to come in for Coleman. If Coleman gets injured and misses say 9 months you'd be comfortable with Hibbert coming in? Sorry, but that's crazy. He's barely played a game in 18 months due to injury and just not being good enough.

Move him on to the coaching side but he should be nowhere near being part of the playing squad.

I'd be happy if Hibbo and Stones covered in all honesty. Maybe even help push some youth thorugh.

Yes, because Hibbert is all of a sudden going to change his playing style at the very end of his career... Coleman will be under zero pressure if Hibbert is his competition. None whatsoever.

he is back up, no doubt. But the lad can tackle and could work well in a back 3. Even if he does sign a new contract, it won't be expensive and we know we can count on him. Player/coach role is beneficial to him and us

he is back up, no doubt. But the lad can tackle and could work well in a back 3. Even if he does sign a new contract, it won't be expensive and we know we can count on him. Player/coach role is beneficial to him and us

I'd rather have a real CB play there tbh, wouldn't you?

A coach role is the only one that's beneficial.

It's moot anyway; Martinez has decided he should have another playing contract. With any luck, though, Martinez will play him as often as he has done since his injury recovery and splinters will be his best friend.

I'd rather have a real CB play there tbh, wouldn't you?

A coach role is the only one that's beneficial.

It's moot anyway; Martinez has decided he should have another playing contract. With any luck, though, Martinez will play him as often as he has done since his injury recovery and splinters will be his best friend.

yes, but taking money into consideration, he will play the role of reliable backup. Like Alcaraz. Next season at least....

would still require a wage for that. Why not register him to play?

I'm not sure I've mentioned it but I'll say it now because it obviously slipped my mind earlier - He's. Not. Good. Enough. Any. More.

He'd be getting a wage for fucking contributing if he was a coach, whereas he'd be taking a wage as a player for doing fuck all.

I'm not sure I've mentioned it but I'll say it now because it obviously slipped my mind earlier - He's. Not. Good. Enough. Any. More.

He'd be getting a wage for fucking contributing if he was a coach, whereas he'd be taking a wage as a player for doing fuck all.

think I mentioned player/coach. I.e. Coaches and if we need him is still registered to play. Win win, no?