IGNORED

Tony Hibbert - will he figure again?

Avinalaff

• 4 months later...

At no point in that interview has Martinez said he will play Hibbert at LB. He has just said he is versatile and can play in that position. I imagine the question Martinez was asked is something along the lines of 'would you play Hibbert at LB' and Martinez has been diplomatic in his answer. It's just shite journalism.

I'd be gobsmacked if Hibbert starts left with Garbutt fit.

I think he was there to deal with ariel balls today and he did a decent job. Against a less 'direct' team I'd like to think Garbutt would have got the nod as Hibbo's limitations going forward are restricting. That shot though!!!

Not his best attempt ever, but probably in the top five :lol:. Enjoyed it though.

I think he was there to deal with ariel balls today and he did a decent job. Against a less 'direct' team I'd like to think Garbutt would have got the nod as Hibbo's limitations going forward are restricting. That shot though!!!

Better than Lukakus second half effort!!!

• 5 months later...

He acquitted himself nicely in a few of the matches he's featured in. I think he still has the ability to be cover to Seamus, but his fitness is troubling.

You expect a back up to be able to, well, back up. And he just isn't capable of being a reliable back up player. He's spent the last two years injured pretty much!

I have no time for sentimentality and that's all it is keeping him around on a playing contract.

You expect a back up to be able to, well, back up. And he just isn't capable of being a reliable back up player. He's spent the last two years injured pretty much!

I have no time for sentimentality and that's all it is keeping him around on a playing contract.

He's got a year to run on his contract anyway so don't know why you're upset about it, it's not new news :huh:.

Are you just annoyed at being reminded of it :D?

He's got a year to run on his contract anyway so don't know why you're upset about it, it's not new news :huh:.

Are you just annoyed at being reminded of it :D?

Yes. Hearing Martinez talking about getting him ready for next season has just annoyed me!

Being over 30 should've meant he only got a one year deal anyway. Then again Barry got 3 years and Howard got 5... Fuck, I'm going to lie down!

Haha, you're a vicious pragmatist, Mark. A definite contrast to some of the romantics on this board.

• 2 months later...