IGNORED

Nikica Jelavic

I'd start him tomorrow, he looked hungry when he came on against Sunderland and showed more than Lukaku has in the previous few games tbf.

He's had too many chances now, I'm tired of seeing how many chances he messes up and how unlucky he gets. If anyone needs to replace Lukaku it should be Vellios.

He's had too many chances now, I'm tired of seeing how many chances he messes up and how unlucky he gets. If anyone needs to replace Lukaku it should be Vellios.

A player who isn't willing to put in the hard work deserves a chance? Not for me.

I really rate Vellios, and have always pushed for him to be given a go, but his attitude seems to be all wrong.

A player who isn't willing to put in the hard work deserves a chance? Not for me.

I really rate Vellios, and have always pushed for him to be given a go, but his attitude seems to be all wrong.

What makes you say that mate? I think he's worked quite hard when he's come on.

The fact he's refused to go out on loan even though he's not getting a game here. Martinez hinted at it being because he feels he's too good to do that.

Aye fair point, maybe the lad wants to show us what he can do? It cant always be a bad thing.

Aye fair point, maybe the lad wants to show us what he can do? It cant always be a bad thing.

The manager has told him he thinks it'd benefit him if he goes out on loan and he won't even though he'll have been told he's not going to feature, that's always a bad thing.

If he thinks he's got something to offer us then he should have gone out on loan determined to show that. Instead he's happy to kick his heels. I'll be very surprised if Roberto offers him a new contract.

Velios struggles to appear for the under21s yet alone the first team. And . Also agree that he needs to be the one to step up and get his attitude right!

Another young lad happy with his paycheck.

I'm still willing to give Jelly another chance. He dis look hungry when he came on.

Who would it be? Can see west ham wanting a loan which wouldn't benefit us. Can see hull,Sunderland or the villas going for him. Think Roberto is trying to start a bidding war ;)

Im not convinced that Vellios will become the player we need. If we do sell Jelavic I hope we get a replacement that can walk onto the team now.

That would have to be a player better than Lukaku! If you find this guy and we can afford him and interest him enough, please call Roberto immediately.

That would have to be a player better than Lukaku! If you find this guy and we can afford him and interest him enough, please call Roberto immediately.

I know, hard huh. It all depends on how much money the team has. I have no idea

Islandic Alfred Finnbogason has scored 15 goals in 17 games in Holland. Might be affordable? Roma are interested but all nordic people love the PL so he might prefer coming here?

Edited by Peter H

I think QPR could be a great move for him, playing in the Championship would do wonders for his confidence and they'll be up next season with himself as first-choice striker.

Whether the Championship would be considered a good enough level for his own World Cup ambitions I'm not sure.

Also, as an aside, I've been so impressed with how Roberto has been handling our transfer business. Everything is out in the clear and open and we seem genuinely to be trying to do best by our players. Even players who are clearly not in his plans, like Heitinga, have been kept onside and there's been no fuss or disruption.

I thinking benching/getting rid of players with the personality, reputation and pedigree of Heitinga and Jelavic without a negative word said in public is a sign of true class from everyone at the club, especially Roberto and BK.

Still I think it should buy him some time. I'd give him a full run out against Norwhich before making any decisions on his future.

Seconded. Don't let anything on to Lukaku and start Jelly. If he's got it, then great, if not, Lukaku is no stranger to the super sub role and we shift Jelly afterwards.