IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

On 7/1/2018 at 00:07, Peter H said:

Ill actually miss the good Mirallas. Shame we only saw him every now and then

I really don't think he got a fair chance to play. The safety-first approach from Koeman and Allerdyce has no room for his kind.

21 minutes ago, Sev said:

I really don't think he got a fair chance to play. The safety-first approach from Koeman and Allerdyce has no room for his kind.

Five plus years and nearly 200 total appearances and he didn't get a fair chance? 

Flash in the pan player with a suspect attitude, had more than enough chances 

15 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Wow goes to show the blue bias towards barkley.  Thanks for sharing this.

You only get an assist if the player you set up scores.

Barkley was in the top five in Europe for his age bracket in creating chances. 

I could set you up for an open goal with all 11 opposition players at the opposite end of the pitch... the ball on the line and an arrow pointing where to kick the ball.... but if you fluff it, I don’t get a Football Manager stat.

Not that it matters, one is gone and the other is hopefully off. Let’s look at Gylfi and Rooneys stats 😉

7 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

Five plus years and nearly 200 total appearances and he didn't get a fair chance? 

Flash in the pan player with a suspect attitude, had more than enough chances 

I meant during the Koeman and the so-far-Allerdyce campaign. I should have been clearer about that.

I like a little hard-working "madness" on the pitch and I thought Mirallas would have been good at that if given the chance (especially when we got rid of Naismith. I liked his style and hard work).

25 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I don't think Mirallas has wanted to be an Everton player for quite some time. Maybe he thought he would get a move to a bigger club or maybe he just wanted to leave the country but when you don't want to be at a club your performances will suffer.

No matter how much you say you are giving 100%, it's not true.

Wha wha wha what? There are bigger clubs than EFC :majoroverreactionalert:

Well. I wish Mirallas the best of luck.

1 hour ago, Sev said:

I meant during the Koeman and the so-far-Allerdyce campaign. I should have been clearer about that.

I like a little hard-working "madness" on the pitch and I thought Mirallas would have been good at that if given the chance (especially when we got rid of Naismith. I liked his style and hard work).

Ah I get you, to past it for me hence his minimal use plus I have a feeling he made a cock of himself whilst Lukaku was here behind the scenes 

Agree with many though when he came here he was brilliant at times if he'd kept his head down and been more consistent he would have likely moved onwards 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

He's been stuck here for a few years too long when his heart has been elsewhere - I think he's lost a step of pace which has always been key to his game. He's a direct player who likes to get in behind from the wing and is great at making diagonal runs to add to his great if finishing - I loved him in his heyday, but he needs to sort himself. 

Olympiacos as a club seem to be in a bit of turmoil, so maybe not the wisest move to go back there, but I think he needs to take a step down to a lower league like Turkey, Portugal, *maybe France* and ideally at a club where he can be one of the top players. Clearly prefers to be a big fish in a small pond, though maybe his love for football has gone entirely.

18 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

He's been stuck here for a few years too long when his heart has been elsewhere - I think he's lost a step of pace which has always been key to his game. He's a direct player who likes to get in behind from the wing and is great at making diagonal runs to add to his great if finishing - I loved him in his heyday, but he needs to sort himself. 

Olympiacos as a club seem to be in a bit of turmoil, so maybe not the wisest move to go back there, but I think he needs to take a step down to a lower league like Turkey, Portugal, *maybe France* and ideally at a club where he can be one of the top players. Clearly prefers to be a big fish in a small pond, though maybe his love for football has gone entirely.

I can definitely see him in Turkey or France. He'll be a great addition there. Unfortunately -- and in retrospect -- he just isn'tt good enough for our ambitions.

2 hours ago, tonkaroost said:

I can definitely see him in Turkey or France.

The Greek league is considerably lower in standard than both Turkey and France so if he can't perform for the side that has won the league there nineteen times in the last twenty-one seasons then he's no chance of succeeding in either.

I'm going to be in Greece two weeks today and pretty much everyone I know over there is an Olympiakos supporter, wearing an Everton shirt over there always got me into conversations about Kev, they loved him; be interesting to see their thoughts on what's gone wrong this season.

31 minutes ago, MikeO said:

The Greek league is considerably lower in standard than both Turkey and France so if he can't perform for the side that has won the league there nineteen times in the last twenty-one seasons then he's no chance of succeeding in either.

I'm going to be in Greece two weeks today and pretty much everyone I know over there is an Olympiakos supporter, wearing an Everton shirt over there always got me into conversations about Kev, they loved him; be interesting to see their thoughts on what's gone wrong this season.

beat me to it mike i was gonna say the same thing.  belgian league or MLS might be more his level.

49 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I understand this but think the issues may be as much turmoil at Olympiacos as it is him not being good enough.