• Coleman
    • Oviedo
    • Barry
    • McCarthy
    • Pienaar
    • Deulofeu
    • Osman
    • Lukaku

Great performance from Deulofeu, but his best is still to come. With McCarthy going off and the clean sheet it makes it a little easier to pick Oviedo. Overall happiest with the manager, first game where everything gelled perfectly and the play was balanced, left, right, middle Stoke were ran ragged. Plus we got a little treat of the aforementioned 3 at the back.

McCarthy for me, one of the best central midfield performances I've seen in a very long time. Completely dominated. He's the reason we controlled the game so seemingly effortlessly. Even in the first half when we weren't creating he kept us totally in control and in possession. Great distribution too and nearly nicked a goal with that great link-up with Lukaku.

Pienaar and Deulofeu close second/third. Deulofeu rightly getting the attention because he was on a different level at times but Pienaar was absolutely incredible too. He just seemed to glide around the Stoke players with all the time in the world on the ball.

Oviedo was pretty good going forward, threatened much more than Baines has recently. Didn't have to do much defensively so he misses out on my top 3.

Edited by Ian C

Went for Jerry, amazing talent and a really good performance. Yes he was wasteful but he created so many chances and also scored! Excellent stuff from the lad!

Pienaar second for controlling midfield and constantly looking for the ball. Our most underrated player.

Naismith third. Best hairstyle and certainty to rival Ronaldo for the Balon'Dor! Excellent hair!

Have you got some sort of bet going that you have to mention him in every post or something?!

Sorry haha!

Just in one of those moods today, the mere mention of him usually sparks a good conversation.

But seriously I was impressed by Jerry, he's going to hit double figures this season.

Deulofeu for me.... Looked able to create something every time he got the ball. Genuinely not been this excited by a player since probably Kanchelskis or Limpar.

Mcarthy was excellent, and as many have said it was good to see Oviedo play well too after not getting any game time for a long period. Thought Pienaar linked up really well with him as well.

Most positive thing was the lads on the bench, added to who is actually missing through injury and how we were threatening across the pitch not just one particular area.

Deulofeu was excellent and got better as the game went on, I was delighted with Oviedo making such an impact and hope he can keep it up, and McCarthy was a dynamo again and is clearly trying to get forward more often, but my vote goes to Pienaar, who was classy and composed on the ball and linked well with everyone around him, both defensively and in attacking moves. His composure and awareness made it possible for the likes of Gerard and Oviedo to strut their stuff.