IGNORED

Michy Batshuayi

14 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

No, we need more than squad players atm

Not quite sure what you mean by that? Do you mean if Alli goes he needs to be replaced by a £50-60m striker?

It is a squad game, you need a strong squad or your fucked when you get injuries, as we have found and continue to find. 

If we'd have had Batshyaui in the squad, he would have been a nailed on starter the past two games and this coming weekend. Ahead of Rondon, Alli and Gordon.

He can and does score goals, and if he did do that, DCL would have to dislodge him, rather than walk back in to the team. 

9 hours ago, RuffRob said:

He is obviously a player who is available, but generally luke warm discussion about him here at best.

As we currently stand, if Alli goes  - would you bring him in as a straight swap for him as a squad member? 

No because he will be on massive wages and hopefully never get a game, if its a permanent we will be stuck with him and if a loan that takes up a precious loan spot.

A free transfer on a 1 year pay as you play contract would however be acceptable.

Just.

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

No, we need more than squad players atm

I meant we need players of better quality, Dele hasn’t made the grade and looks like he’s off to Turkey, he’s had his chance and not grasped it, I don’t anything in Batshuayi that would be any better/different in terms of enchanting the squad.

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

In fairness, they lost more than this at the end of last season because of the number of loanees and expiring contracts. I just don't see how you can create a brand new team in a league as competitive as the Prem.

How many did they lose Steve?

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

How many did they lose Steve?

Summer 2022: Tobias Figueiredo, Gaetan Bong, Carl Jenkinson, Lewis Grabban, Max Lowe (on loan from Sheffield United), Djed Spence (on loan from Middlesbrough), Philip Zinckernagel (on loan from Watford), James Garner (on loan from Manchester United), Keinan Davis (on loan from Aston Villa).

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/nottingham-forest-every-player-contract-6860431

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I read a comment at the BBC website claiming they'd lost about 23 players from last season's roster.

That’s pretty nuts if true. It explains a lot with the all the players they’ve brought in, but how can a club operate like that and expect to be stable? I’m really curious to see how they do. They’re playing FIFA right now. 

3 hours ago, Sibdane said:

That’s pretty nuts if true. It explains a lot with the all the players they’ve brought in, but how can a club operate like that and expect to be stable? I’m really curious to see how they do. They’re playing FIFA right now. 

Seems they lost nine players, replaced them with 20+. 😂