IGNORED

Michy Batshuayi

35 minutes ago, Matt said:

Can we not sign Zouma for the supposed £35m and try this guy as the loan instead? I'd be much happier with that

It’s been muted that Zouma doesn’t plan on or want to be here long term, he believes that he should be playing for a club that’s in the CL  

41 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It’s been muted that Zouma doesn’t plan on or want to be here long term, he believes that he should be playing for a club that’s in the CL  

i've heard that before.

Meanwhile, Jamie Redknapp reckons we should make a loan bid for him....

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

i've heard that before.

Meanwhile, Jamie Redknapp reckons we should make a loan bid for him....

If we could buy Zouma we definitely need to, your right get Batshuayi on loan we need a striker, and it looks like Gana is staying so there is no urgency to find a replacement, but my personal opinion is we do nothing on the buying front until the summer. 

It doesn’t feel right at the moment with were we are at the moment as a club to bring more players in, by that I mean lots could change in the next 3 months with the players and management going, let’s get to the end of this season and see where we are then. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Saw that but they would prefer a sale than a loan, what do you do ?  

IMO we may as well wait until the summer. Signing Bat~ on a transfer  is a big risk. We have nothing to play for. Re-group and see what targets we have avaliable in the summer rather than panic buying. Cenk, DCL and Richy will have to do the job for now.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

IMO we may as well wait until the summer. Signing Bat~ on a transfer  is a big risk. We have nothing to play for. Re-group and see what targets we have avaliable in the summer rather than panic buying. Cenk, DCL and Richy will have to do the job for now.

Agreed this season is almost done we still have 7rh to play for but is it worth spending just for that. 

According to Sky Sports he's asking for £160,000 a week which is putting a lot of people off including Betis and West Ham. I'm glad that we're not in for him, I didn't want him to start with as he's shite and don't want him even more now that he's just another mercenary after big wages. Our biggest problem is that we don't have anyone in the squad of the "Everton mould". No Tim Howard, no Tim Cahill, no Duncan Ferguson so I'm happy for us to swerve this. Play DCL, Tosun or Charlie until summer and then actually scout someone that wants to be at the club and has the capability of putting the ball in the back of the net. 

8 hours ago, Matt said:

Can we not sign Zouma for the supposed £35m and try this guy as the loan instead? I'd be much happier with that

Zouma said at the start of the season that he sees his future at Chelsea and to be honest can't see how he can look at our performances this season and think that this is the place for him - no way he signs permanently.

23 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

According to Sky Sports he's asking for £160,000 a week which is putting a lot of people off including Betis and West Ham. I'm glad that we're not in for him, I didn't want him to start with as he's shite and don't want him even more now that he's just another mercenary after big wages. Our biggest problem is that we don't have anyone in the squad of the "Everton mould". No Tim Howard, no Tim Cahill, no Duncan Ferguson so I'm happy for us to swerve this. Play DCL, Tosun or Charlie until summer and then actually scout someone that wants to be at the club and has the capability of putting the ball in the back of the net. 

Zouma said at the start of the season that he sees his future at Chelsea and to be honest can't see how he can look at our performances this season and think that this is the place for him - no way he signs permanently.

Absurd wage demand if true.  He's a nobody right now.  Might be worth 30-40

• 3 years later...

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/everton-fc-news/everton-michy-batshuayi-transfer-news-latest-rumours-lampard-chelsea/

Topic should probably be moved to Rumourama section again. 

I am not really sure what I think of him as a player - another lost to Chelsea having a blotted squad and has just never been able to carve himself 'home' where he could build season on season. Got paid over inflated wages at too young an age. 

Coming up to 29years old, he seems to have held on to the dream of being Chelsea player for far too long. Didn't do a great deal at Palace over the 18months he had there. Has roughly a 1 in 3 goal scoring record, so seen strikers with a lot worst goal scoring records at the club. 

Not a transfer that would see me doing cartwheels, but the Chelsea contingent managing the football side of the club will know far better of what he would bring to the party. 

54 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Wouldn’t go near him. Fell of the radar, after only being a blip on there in the first place.

But you also have the fact he has got in to a not to shabby Belgium squad and scored 25 goals in 45 games. That's a decent return by any standard.

Not saying I want him here, just he's not the easiest to judge.

32 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

But you also have the fact he has got in to a not to shabby Belgium squad and scored 25 goals in 45 games. That's a decent return by any standard.

Not saying I want him here, just he's not the easiest to judge.

Ye agree there. I just think club football is where you need consistency. International football is sporadic and can be deceiving. Belgium have had a quality squad for the last ten years, and very offensive.