IGNORED

Oviedo's injury

Louis

He has fractured (broken) his tibia and fibula in his left leg. Everton say he will have an operation on Monday.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/01/25/oviedo-in-hospital

Recovery time could be 12-16 weeks: http://www.physioroom.com/injuries/calf_and_shin/tibia_fibula_fracture_full.php

Although apparently Ross Barkley had a similar injury and as we know it took him a long time to recover.

Barkley believes recovering from a career-threatening broken leg at 16 hardened him. 'It was broken in three places, the bone on the side and the shinbone in two places. They weren't clean breaks, it was shattered, which made it even worse,' said Barkley.

His doctor warned he might not play again. 'It was the worst I've ever felt,' said Barkley. 'But my mum said everything happens for a reason and tried to be positive. I believe that now. I believe I broke my leg and it made me a stronger person. It has made me want to play for Everton even more because I had to wait for even longer to be involved with the first team. It kept me out for seven months until I could start training again and then another two months until my first game. It felt like a long time.'

Photo of impact: http://i.imgur.com/MTMQsLq.jpg

gutted completely gutted. oviedo was my vote for most improved player of the season. he really came on when he was in for baines and has now started to look good on the wing (especially the last 2 matches). missing him for the rest of the season and the world cup will be tough, but i wish him a quick recovery and i hope he comes back to be the same speedy guy he was!

Just the sight of it fills me with pain. I don't care that he plays for us, I would feel the same for any player. or ANYONE come to that. Truly awful injury. Get well soon Ovy.

Can't look beyond that, and wish Oviedo every success in his fight back. Real shame for the player in World Cup year and hope he makes a rapid recovery from that awful incident.

Poor bloke as soon as the lads went over and you saw their reaction you knew it was a bad one, hats off to Jags for keeping it together and aiding him like he did....top man.

As Mark said He's been playing well and taken His chance to impose Himself on the team very well and it's gutting to see an injury to a player like that even more so one of your own.

Wish Him a speedy recovery both mentally and physically.

well done jags. when barry and some others looked like they where going to pass out jags kept it in and helped the lad.... brave lad.... saying that i have to take my hat off to all the other lads for not shurking any tackles after that. think i might have walked down the tunnel aftet seeing that. wiuld have been so much easier for them to stay out of tackles after seeing that.

I broke my tib and fib (clean break) just above my ankle playing football when I was 11. I'm 35 now and my leg has never been quite back to normal. Saying that I still play football and other sports plus I bet with medical advances and the care a premiership footballer gets I don't think he'll have a problem coming back. All the best to him.

I broke my tib and fib (clean break) just above my ankle playing football when I was 11. I'm 35 now and my leg has never been quite back to normal. Saying that I still play football and other sports plus I bet with medical advances and the care a premiership footballer gets I don't think he'll have a problem coming back. All the best to him.

My dad had a triple complex fracture of tib/fib (bone sticking out of skin, luckily I wasn't there to see it but my brother was :wacko:) forty plus years ago and played again, albeit at a very low level.

Did bith tibia and fibula in a car accident in about 1980. I still get pain now at the injury site. Almost like athritus pain. Very uncomfortable. I fear the poor lad will never be the same now. BUT he may come back even better :) (with a lot of luck)

Just got back from a trip and saw this, totally gutted for Bryan. All the best son, I wish you a speedy recovery.

I'm thinking of writing him a little card - if I send it to the club, do you think he will get it? One of my work colleagues is Spanish, so I could get them to translate it. Maybe it's just a silly idea.