IGNORED

Luke Garbutt

Why is Oviedo ahead of him? Continually injured. I'm not confident he will stay fit and I'm not sure he is a left back. Garbutt should be competing against baines. That's mentally is what was shit under moyes and Martinez . Favourites play every game regardless of form

Oviedo isn't necessarily ahead of him. The fact is that Baines is the best left back in England maybe the league - he should play every game. Baines is at an age where he may decline in the next couple of years and in Garbutt we have potentially the perfect successor. We just need Garbutt to get some essential experience and play every week which he is good enough to do. Oviedo is decent back-up and he adds the bonus of being quite versatile as he's comfortable on either wing. If Oviedo sticks about long enough then he'll probably be Garbutt's back-up too!

Please excuse the naive questions: But are loan terms standard or individually negotiated? If Baines gets hurt, could Everton call Garbutt back? Oviedo is always hurt so the lack of depth concerns me.

While not a pefect comparison, one of the most successful American football coaches, Bill Bellicheck, has made a living cutting older players and playing younger, up and coming guys. I love Baines--he's been great for Everton--but after this season and assuming a successful loan spell for Garbutt, would it be time to cut bait with Baines and play the youngster?

Please excuse the naive questions: But are loan terms standard or individually negotiated? If Baines gets hurt, could Everton call Garbutt back? Oviedo is always hurt so the lack of depth concerns me.

While not a pefect comparison, one of the most successful American football coaches, Bill Bellicheck, has made a living cutting older players and playing younger, up and coming guys. I love Baines--he's been great for Everton--but after this season and assuming a successful loan spell for Garbutt, would it be time to cut bait with Baines and play the youngster?

Individually negotiated.

We can recall him if Baines gets injured if we have a recall clause in the deal. We'll find out whether we do if Baines gets injured I suppose.

All depends mate. Some are where they actually pay a fee to loan him so regardless the parent club can't call the player back, others players can be called back any time.

The terms will be written in at the time so each is different.

Why should he play every game? Because on paper he is the best? That is a joke. Garbutt went on loan because he knows the state of play at our club. Favourites play all the time

It's because he's proven that he's likely to play every game by being the best left back in England - certainly at our club. By loaning Garbutt out having signed a long term deal gives us the best of both worlds. Why didn't Courtios sit on the bench rather than go on-loan to Atletico for 2 seasons?

I agree that baines is a better player and deserves his spot but we complain our squad is too thin and then go and loan one of our players out. He should be keeping Baines on his toes in training not playing in the championship. The way things are going he could help out on the left side of midfield if need be. Do you think Ibe from the shite will be loaned out?

If that's the case then yes we had no option but do you really think he wants to play for a shit team like Fulham? After he played against Wolfsburg away last season he should have kept his shirt the next game. That's how it should work

I think he is a smart young talented footballer who realises at his age he needs regular football.

But I also believe he wants a career at Everton...so he is willing to sacrifice one season to make that next step towards our first team.

But it's just my opinion.

I think he is a smart young talented footballer who realises at his age he needs regular football.

But I also believe he wants a career at Everton...so he is willing to sacrifice one season to make that next step towards our first team.

But it's just my opinion.

An opinion shared by me and I'm sure many others.

He is going to be a star!

Fully agree tinted glasses off when you watch the lad albeit not a huge amount and compare him to Shaw he has everything and more

Definitely a massive future ahead of him and chuffed to bits he has stayed on with us

Edited by EFC-Paul

i agree. What your saying. I'm made up he wants to stay but him going on loan weakens our squad not strengthening it. I think we will regret this move big time

Weekly playing time is what he needs. He's not going to get it here. Baines will play almost all LB minutes if he's fit and Garbutt would have Oviedo to compete with for the remaining bit of time.

I would like to assume that we could recall him from loan for a fee if there's an issue at the parent club? Don't a lot of loan deals have those clauses?

Edited by Quinn31

If he stayed at Everton not playing, how is he going to become a better player?

He gets a full season out on loan, maybe two if Baines doesn't decline, while we have two senior players for the first team.

He will be the big fish at Fulham, the fans will love him, he will learn to deal with that pressure and the pressure of winning points each week. He might do a second season there if need be, or maybe at a prem club if they don't get promoted, and by the time he is 23/24 we will be bringing in one of the best left backs in the league hopefully. Maybe even a left winger a la Bale, who knows.

Bale was tearing inter milan a new arsehole at the age of 22 in the san siro. Every paper had him down to go on loan to championship clubs like Forest etc. Redknapp kept him and look what happened. Im not saying they are the same kind of player but what im saying is that he is more use staying with us, i dont see why with the injuries to piennaar and the like he wont get games. what other options on the left do we have?

Bale was tearing inter milan a new arsehole at the age of 22 in the san siro. Every paper had him down to go on loan to championship clubs like Forest etc. Redknapp kept him and look what happened. Im not saying they are the same kind of player but what im saying is that he is more use staying with us, i dont see why with the injuries to piennaar and the like he wont get games. what other options on the left do we have?

Redknapp was actually going to sell him, but they had an injury crisis and he was forced into keeping him and using him further up the field.