IGNORED

Luke Garbutt

Whilst I think it was the correct decision to send Garbutt out on loan, I don't think Finn is far off in relation to favourites playing all the time. Martinez has a penchant for certain players.

My comment was aimed at the suggestion that "Garbutt went on loan because he knows the state of play at our club." He went on loan because he needs the experience of playing week after week.

Most managers do. Normally it's players who they trust, the reliable hard working type of player tha fans don't really like.

SAF had it with Fletcher, always brought him in for the big games. Moyes had it with many a hard working player over his time at Everton. Martinez has it with Barry. Rodgers with Henderson, and Allen earlier on. Mourinho with Carvalho.

Always trust rather than just a favourite for me.

thats why we are still a shambles of a club.You cant have enough good players. We are not chelsea that can loan players out willy nilly. One of the most promising fullbacks in the country and we loan him. madness. And i know everybody here thinks this is the right move blah blah blah. Have you ever thought why he signed a new deal? because he knows he is at the right club and doesnt want to sign for anyone else, but he knows at the moment with this manager whatever he does he wont be first choice and that is wrong. Baines is great but every person needs competition where is his? he knows like howard etc that he plays every game i cant see how that is good for us. I get that Garbutt will play every week and thats great but not for us

thats why we are still a shambles of a club.You cant have enough good players. We are not chelsea that can loan players out willy nilly. One of the most promising fullbacks in the country and we loan him. madness. And i know everybody here thinks this is the right move blah blah blah. Have you ever thought why he signed a new deal? because he knows he is at the right club and doesnt want to sign for anyone else, but he knows at the moment with this manager whatever he does he wont be first choice and that is wrong. Baines is great but every person needs competition where is his? he knows like howard etc that he plays every game i cant see how that is good for us. I get that Garbutt will play every week and thats great but not for us

Oviedo.

Baby.

i give up!

No he isnt at all. we signed oviedo what 3 years ago? you think he is competition? you wonder why garbutt wants to go and play games?

You do remember Oviedo snapping his leg and having big metal pin in it don't you... restricted him from playing for a large chunk of that time.

• 2 months later...

Mark I'm not sure it is good news he's been on the bench for a few games now so to me it doesn't look good he got 3 minutes the last game.

I doubt he will be good enough for us.

damn patto i didn't know he was back to full fitness. well why doesn't RM recall him then? we could use him at LB with baines out, galloway can't attack or cross, garbutt can do both.

Guest rusty747

Always liked the look of Garbutt wenever I've seen him.

Strikes me as having the right attitude for the big games. Obviously a confident lad and nothing seems to phase him. Now if we can just get Psycho Pat to teach him the finer art of tackling then we will have one hell of a player.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The early sub would suggest that the manager got it wrong for me and decided to change shape, hard to judge a left back when he's not playing left back (3-5-2).

Nice to see Duffy getting a goal though.

This alone makes me really rally for the lad - in a day and age where you have the likes of lescott sharing photos of his super car after a 6-0 defeat and players seemingly not caring this is refreshing to see. Chin up lad, great attitude.

• 3 weeks later...