IGNORED

Luke Garbutt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
45 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Luke Garbutt is such an enigma, I can still remember him getting minutes in the Europa League and looking like the next big thing. I honestly thought we'd have Baines warming the bench and him up and down the left-wing by now but it just hasn't happened for the lad.

At 25, he should be an established footballer. You've got the likes of Tom Davies having games before they turn 20 so unfortunately it's a race against time for Luke and with yet another loan spell under his belt it's only a matter of time before it's made permanent. 

I've always liked him and do wonder what has gone on behind the scenes to stop him from "making it". Another side of me wonders how he's ended up playing for Cheltenham, Colchester, Fulham and Wigan in the past four years yet none of them wanted him permanently - a bad egg perhaps? Who knows.

A shame in my opinion, I really had high hopes for Luke.

Agreed, Oxford do seem to like poaching from Everton and I wouldn't be surprised if we finally cut ties with Garbutt and he makes his loan switch permanent. At 25, he really needs to find a home.

A fellow Football Manager fan! Top stuff. 

I'd rather him take a step down below his likely level and show what a talent he is rather than risk being Browning or Galloway, who hardly played on loan last year at all and wasted a year of development. Think he will ultimately be a Championship player.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...