IGNORED

The Shite (Away)

Romey 1878

The defence was great. Hibbert got mullered a few times but he held up a lot better than I thought. Jagielka and Stones from now on, fuck this left foot, right foot shit.

The only things I was really disappointed with is that we didn't really threaten, Howard was poor on their free-kick (but also saved our arses throughout the game), Barry's all round game and Lukaku's second half performance (he was more than fine in the first half).

I hope that grabbing a point right at the end will give us the boost in confidence and platform to actually start our season now. We can play much better than we did today, we just need the belief to do it.

Agree with this. Don't think the Mirallas injury helped us though in terms of threatning. Big big loss.

My arms killing me, I jumped up punched the telly half caught it as it fell, dropped it then went wheeling into the dining room tripped over my flip flops right across the table 2 chairs crashing down as I skidded off .

My 7 year old was just running round the living room screaming yes!!!! The 5 year old walked half way down the stairs and said have we scored. Neither asked if I was ok as I was lying in a heap on the floor.

HAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

Tim Howard 5: shite again.

Tyias Browning 8: what a smashing lad.

John Stones 9: that's me mate.

Phil Jagielka 8: YA BEAUT!

Leighton Baines 6: Seen worse.

Mo Besic 7: Well done, bro.

Macca 7: You can do better.

Gareth Barry 5: I was getting the torture instruments ready.

Lukaku 5: Pull yourself together!

McGeady 6: OK

Naismith 6: OK

Mirallas -: didn't play long enough to make an impact

Eto 6: OK

h

Howard should be higher mate, he kept us in the game with some really good saves.

Lukaku didn't have the best game but the negativity on here is unreal. Everyone points out his weaknesses but never compliment his good work.

This is it for me.

By all means slate him when he's shite but give him a bit of praise when he's actually half decent! First half he did well but people on here only seemed to pick up on when he fucked something up.

He was shite second half nobody can deny that. But the shit he gets on here is unreal, at least give his argument some balance for Christ sake!If he does something good it's either "he should be able to do that" or it gets completely un-noticed at all. It's embarrassing. Don't get the personal vendetta on him at all.

On the game, I thought we were lucky to get something from it. On another day it could have been 2-3 if balotelli had scored from that cross. On the subject of Ballotelli, what a fucking shit house. Suarez mark 2. It's like it's a pre-requisite to play as a striker for Liverpool, you've got to a) be able to dive B) feign injury c) moan like a bitch when you don't get a descion. Cunt.

Hopefully we can build on this result and string a few points together. We need to. Besic did well and so did browning when he came on. Naismith was poor for me. as was baines second half. Rom was poor second half but he should have been moved inside earlier for me.

McGeadys shite. We are gunna miss Mirallas.

Tim Howard 5: shite again.

Tyias Browning 8: what a smashing lad.

John Stones 9: that's me mate.

Phil Jagielka 8: YA BEAUT!

Leighton Baines 6: Seen worse.

Mo Besic 7: Well done, bro.

Macca 7: You can do better.

Gareth Barry 5: I was getting the torture instruments ready.

Lukaku 5: Pull yourself together!

McGeady 6: OK

Naismith 6: OK

Mirallas -: didn't play long enough to make an impact

Eto 6: OK

In other words, GREAT DEFENCE! :) Just what the doctor ordered.

Anyone who's trying to take positives from that needs a good head wobble. We were awful "again". We don't half miss Barkley (the game was made for him) and losing Mirallas is going to massive for us absolutely massive.

We have absolutely no creativity on midfield. We are relying on the full backs and wide players to create everything.

My worries about Martinez are starting to creep further and further in my mind. The way we set up, the late introduction of Eto'o, the way he kept Lukaku out wide. I think the guy has a lot to do.

Edited by MiguelCotto

This is it for me.

By all means slate him when he's shite but give him a bit of praise when he's actually half decent! First half he did well but people on here only seemed to pick up on when he fucked something up.

He was shite second half nobody can deny that. But the shit he gets on here is unreal, at least give his argument some balance for Christ sake!If he does something good it's either "he should be able to do that" or it gets completely un-noticed at all. It's embarrassing. Don't get the personal vendetta on him at all.

On the game, I thought we were lucky to get something from it. On another day it could have been 2-3 if balotelli had scored from that cross. On the subject of Ballotelli, what a fucking shit house. Suarez mark 2. It's like it's a pre-requisite to play as a striker for Liverpool, you've got to a) be able to dive B) feign injury c) moan like a bitch when you don't get a descion. Cunt.

Hopefully we can build on this result and string a few points together. We need to. Besic did well and so did browning when he came on. Naismith was poor for me. as was baines second half. Rom was poor second half but he should have been moved inside earlier for me.

McGeadys shite. We are gunna miss Mirallas.

What did he d o that was "good" ffs people are creating a new criteria to justify backing this lad. We've blown £28m on him, get over it and stop looking for excuses.

McGeady is shite? We can afford for him to be shite. We can't afford a £28m Francis Jeffers "Fox in the box"

When I watch lukaku play, he waits until the ball has stopped bouncing before he touches it again. That's not controlling it for me.

Exactly, his new means of controlling the thing is to hope the defender doesn't decide to March through him whilst waiting for the 3rd bounce.

I seen this the other night against Ashley Williams. I'm serious, we gotta get rid or play him in a way that lacking footballing ability isn't going to impact him.

He can finish that's about it.

What did he d o that was "good" ffs people are creating a new criteria to justify backing this lad. We've blown £28m on him, get over it and stop looking for excuses.

McGeady is shite? We can afford for him to be shite. We can't afford a £28m Francis Jeffers "Fox in the box"

I'm not going back through the first half to pick out stuff that you chose to ignore in the first place.

That's it, as it has been all along with you. Your pissed off with the fee and because we didn't get who you wanted. Your not watching a £28m player!, we paid that much because he has the potential to be the best and if e realises it, in today's market £28m could be a snip. But you don't seem to realise it. It's fuckin pathetic Haf.

We paid £28m Because of his potential. Name me any other player in world football that would have come here for less money with the record Rom has AND the potential Rom has.

If you say Bony you can fuck off and I'm leaving it there.

Que story about how you/your brother/your wife's sisters hairdressers cousin used to play for tranmere but should have played for Madrid because he had a better touch than Rom story.

I'll leave it there becaus it's obvious you don't like the lad and never will. Pathetic that people can't see past his fee. Be arsed.

The biggest positive to me was that the defense looked more organized than it has to date. There wasn't much space for Sterling and Balotelli. I thought Howard played mostly well. Maybe he should have made that save on the free kick, but also don't forget that that penatly was garbage. Balotelli flopped; there wasn't any contact so it should never have been given.

They didn't get much going offensively but I think that was the game plan. They played it safe and limited their mistakes. I think there are positives to build on going into Old Trafford next week.

I'm not going back through the first half to pick out stuff that you chose to ignore in the first place.

That's it, as it has been all along with you. Your pissed off with the fee and because we didn't get who you wanted. Your not watching a £28m player!, we paid that much because he has the potential to be the best and if e realises it, in today's market £28m could be a snip. But you don't seem to realise it. It's fuckin pathetic Haf.

We paid £28m Because of his potential. Name me any other player in world football that would have come here for less money with the record Rom has AND the potential Rom has.

If you say Bony you can fuck off and I'm leaving it .

Pretty much nails it for me tbh

Cotto, for you to back his performance shows your total football intelligence. Can't reply to you after this

His first half performance was good.his second half performance wasn't but at least he was having a go. It's the sole criticism the lad takes when half of his team mates hid!

When I watch lukaku play, he waits until the ball has stopped bouncing before he touches it again. That's not controlling it for me.

was saying pretty much the same thing to my son during the match.

Second half a ball came to his chest bounced a yard away, he stepped into it and it bounced kindly off his knee and fell between his legs.

I agree with people saying we have to look at his positives too though. First half he did play reasonably well and had a few efforts on goal.

But flip side is there are a few that are ignorantly papering over his negatives.

Still glad he is ours as I think he will improve... he has too!

Howard 4

Hibbert 7

Stones 8

Jags 7 goal saved his performance, left too much space between him and Baines

Baines 7

Barry 4 sluggish

McCarthy 6

Besic 7

Mirallas 7 (mcgeady 5)

Naismith 8 harrassed their defence

Lukaku 5 missed the runners too often holding onto the ball

Think the game could have been different if etoo an browning come on earlier, very positive impact.

I don't actually think we were that bad in all honesty.

Defence was pretty sound and even pushed forward when they had chance.

Besic came in and did a decent job.

Hibbert did a decent job.

Stones was impressive.

We didn't do much offensively but still created chances.

We need to understand that we are not the only team on the pitch during that 90 minutes. There is always going to be another team trying to score against us and they will create chances. As much as we hate Liverpool.. they are a very good team. Did they roll us over? not in any way.

We had a few players who didn't look up to it today but we also had a few players looking very solid.

Browning came on and not only looked comfortable but also pretty strong.

It just wasn't as bad as being made out. Even Howard played well, yes maybe he could have done better for the goal... but even that is a maybe.

If you say Bony you can fuck off and I'm leaving it there.

Que story about how you/your brother/your wife's sisters hairdressers cousin used to play for tranmere but should have played for Madrid because he had a better touch than Rom story.

I'll leave it there becaus it's obvious you don't like the lad and never will. Pathetic that people can't see past his fee. Be arsed.

Seriously?! Potential? He can't control a frigging football!

Hes a glorified fifa player who for whatever reason has been a buzz word for the past 3-4 years. Potential? Freddie Adu potential?

If I'm not mistaken potential is where Suarez is now versus where he was 5 years ago? Here's something, Suarez is the same player in terms of control and skill. He's just gotten more decisive and tactically astute.

I don't know why this potential word keeps getting buzzed around.

I don't like the lad?! I can't afford not to like him, he's playing for Everton. But seriously open your eyes, if he was wearing a villa shirt and had a middle name "Ivanhoe" he would have the piss ripped out of him.

Cos in all seriousness without goals he does a very good emile heskey impression.

Unconditional support is what £28m gets you. Don't be so scared to admit that he has seriously got to improve and there is a big chance that he won't.

If he becomes a beast I will change my sign on to 'Lukaku is great and I was wrong". Till then I'm afraid I am going to continue to be frustrated at the number of times he loses the ball.

Edited by Hafnia

Guest millwallforever

Mama mia, Pete. You gave Howard lower score than I did. He probably deserved it. God bless ya!

And I agree about Barry as well: he was an absolute disgrace. Besic saved his arse today.

This NAM song sums up our attitude today (especially for BESIC):

BTW: Everton are being followed very closely in former Yugoslavia because of Besic. Get behind our Bosniak!

Howard 4
Hibbert 7
Stones 8
Jags 7 goal saved his performance, left too much space between him and Baines
Baines 7
Barry 4 sluggish
McCarthy 6
Besic 7
Mirallas 7 (mcgeady 5)
Naismith 8 harrassed their defence
Lukaku 5 missed the runners too often holding onto the ball

Think the game could have been different if etoo an browning come on earlier, very positive impact.

Edited by millwallforever

Fuckin hell boys cheer up! I was in the Park end for the Arsenal game & a pub full of redshite gobshites in kent today. As much as the Arsenal game felt like a loss walking away from the ground, this one felt like a victory. (To me at least!) Sat there smiling while 15-20 of them danced around goading me after Gerrard scored but when Jags smashed the worldy all you could here was me & them heading for the hills! Whoever said one Evertonians worth 20 of them was spot on! :)

Edited by BlueBlood81

And after watching that if anyone says Barkley won't get his place back straight away due to Naismiths performances needs there heads checking. The amount of times we broke and passed to a slow Naismith on the half way line only to make a throughball pass right to the opposition or to no-one or to run with it and for every liverpool defender to match him jogging. If Barkley was in his role today we would have been three up at half time.

And for Mirallas, this is why I hate derbies... Players always get injured in this game and it kills out season.

Fuck me just watched the game as was playing so got through the day without some dick telling me the score.

No we didn't play well and yes Rom has the touch of Joseph fritzle at times but a draw at Anfield is a good result.

Can't understand all the Howard bashing though. That save onto the bar from that Italian diving prick was world class.

Yes maybe could have done better with the goal but IMO I thought he did okay.

Hibbert did better than I expected and put in one lovely challenge that I expect of a derby.

Stones was a clear motm for me.

All in all not the best performance but happy with the outcome.

Positives: Browning was good, he looks ready and it's time to give him a chance. Stones looked great and Jagielka looked good too.

Negatives: Barry was awful, Besic insecure and McCarthy not physically ready yet. McGeady does not track back and there was a play when he left the team exposed, and this needs to be addressed.

All in all, Pienaar, Barkley and Coleman are integral parts of this team, and McGeady, Osman or Hibbert are not first teamers, so I would say the team needs to keep improving, raise the defensive intensity (huge concern to see them so relaxed and not challenging the wingers when they cross) and get the starters back.

Eto'o needs more involvement IMO too, he looks sharp and ready.