IGNORED

The Shite (Away)

Romey 1878

Guest millwallforever

You know Kant? Kennst du Kant?

Positives: Browning was good, he looks ready and it's time to give him a chance. Stones looked great and Jagielka looked good too.

Negatives: Barry was awful, Besic insecure and McCarthy not physically ready yet. McGeady does not track back and there was a play when he left the team exposed, and this needs to be addressed.

All in all, Pienaar, Barkley and Coleman are integral parts of this team, and McGeady, Osman or Hibbert are not first teamers, so I would say the team needs to keep improving, raise the defensive intensity (huge concern to see them so relaxed and not challenging the wingers when they cross) and get the starters back.

Eto'o needs more involvement IMO too, he looks sharp and ready.

Mama mia, Pete. You gave Howard lower score than I did. He probably deserved it. God bless ya!

And I agree about Barry as well: he was an absolute disgrace. Besic saved his arse today.

This NAM song sums up our attitude today (especially for BESIC):

BTW: Everton are being followed very closely in former Yugoslavia because of Besic. Get behind our Bosniak!

I was tempted to give them a lower score, derby emotions aha.

Browning and Stones for me very impressive. I crack a semi every time Stones beats the first man and just dribbles the ball into midfield. I thought Hibbert was too easily beaten, Sterling was taking the piss out of him. Browning has got to be number 2 behind Coleman, no need to chuck Stones out there anymore.

I also thought Naismith was good despite giving the ball away with a few lousy passes. He looks the most aggressive with the ball at the moment (after Mirallas went off anyway), and even though he's no where near the best on the pitch technically you can tell the Liverpool defenders had to pull their fingers out and concentrate when he made one of his driving runs. As for all the flak Lukaku is getting, I reckon he'll hit his straps with Barkley back behind him. He thrives on getting the ball with some space and an isolated defender. As much as I like Naismith, he doesn't create space like Ross does.

Bring on the Mancs. 3 points coming our way!

Oh and Howard... I thought he had a solid game, but he definitely stuffed up for Gerrard's goal. Mark 'cokehead' Bosnich was one of the pundits on Fox Sports here and he summed it up pretty well, saying Howard started off his line and had to dive backwards for the ball, hence pushing it into the net. Had he started on his line he has to dive forward and he has momentum on his side. It wasn't like it was placed in the corner.

Tbh I thought they outplayed us, so I think I'd be pushing it to say we should have got the 3 points if not for Howard.

btw, did anyone else notice eto'o come over to mirallas when he was lying on the floor hurt. he's been a good acquisition.

Yeah he was rubbing his arm and consoling him. I saw that too. Was thinking to myself what a classy human being, barely knows kev and had compassion on him. Great acquisition is right.

Just watching MOTD. Looks like Barry had a mare? Is that fair?

He doesn't look the same player to me as last year. Could be the reason we are shipping so many goals

He was shite all game long and should have been sent off.

I'm truly baffled by everyone's perception of Tim's performance. Made some good saves, made a couple great saves. And sure he could've done better on the goal, but that was also class from Gerrard.

It wasn't class by Gerrard at all. It was a decent free-kick at best.

Just watching MOTD. Looks like Barry had a mare? Is that fair?

He doesn't look the same player to me as last year. Could be the reason we are shipping so many goals

I have thought for a while that in the bigger and quicker high intensity games that Barry goes into a rabbit in the headlights mode. He always tries to put his stamp on the game but its just like everything is moving too fast for him and it doesnt work. He certainly doesnt go hiding though like other players might.

He has been pretty good in most of our games this season and the age comments are OTT. He is the type of player that you want to start phasing out of those end to end games but he is still a really important player in the 80% of games where we need him to control the tempo.

That confirms it then, we're fucked. He knows nothing...

:doh:

I think the point he is getting at is that the game is still only worth 3 points but the value of the match to both sides is far more.

If your insinuating what I think you are, then you need to get a grip as well as a few others on here in taking comments completely in isolation or not using context and even in some instances just making them up!

Why not tell me what you are thinking before telling me to get a grip?

Can we get off this anti-Rom bandwagon? He was nowhere near as bad as being made out. Once you start looking for negatives, you'll find them in anyone. If you look for positives, you'll find them too! We see what we want to see sometimes.

We just went to Anfield, lost Mirallas in the first half, and still stole a point. Much better than last season, good play from Hibbert (despite all the slating of him before kickoff), nice debut for Browning, strong defence (something to really be noted and appreciated), and a potential goal of the season.

:worship[1]:

The defence was great. Hibbert got mullered a few times but he held up a lot better than I thought. Jagielka and Stones from now on, fuck this left foot, right foot shit.

The only things I was really disappointed with is that we didn't really threaten, Howard was poor on their free-kick (but also saved our arses throughout the game), Barry's all round game and Lukaku's second half performance (he was more than fine in the first half).

I hope that grabbing a point right at the end will give us the boost in confidence and platform to actually start our season now. We can play much better than we did today, we just need the belief to do it.

I'm not going back through the first half to pick out stuff that you chose to ignore in the first place.

That's it, as it has been all along with you. Your pissed off with the fee and because we didn't get who you wanted. Your not watching a £28m player!, we paid that much because he has the potential to be the best and if e realises it, in today's market £28m could be a snip. But you don't seem to realise it. It's fuckin pathetic Haf.

We paid £28m Because of his potential. Name me any other player in world football that would have come here for less money with the record Rom has AND the potential Rom has.

If you say Bony you can fuck off and I'm leaving it there.

Que story about how you/your brother/your wife's sisters hairdressers cousin used to play for tranmere but should have played for Madrid because he had a better touch than Rom story.

I'll leave it there becaus it's obvious you don't like the lad and never will. Pathetic that people can't see past his fee. Be arsed.

Wow, there are some amazingly stupid comments made on here :lol:

Haf, if you don't want to hear that Lukaku is only 21, stop complaining about his touch every 30 seconds and actually acknowledge the good he does. Poor second half, very good work (though no end result) in the 1st.

Just taking orders now, how many people want humble pie at the end of the season? If Jags continues like today, I'm having mine.

Edited by Matt

cotto are you forgetting we have no pienaar / coleman / Barkley / kev carried off I think we done ok under the circumstances.

What does that have to do with anything? We were lucky to take anything from the game. It's irrelevant who not playing at the moment, we're dropping points because the squad seemingly isn't good enough.

Wow, there are some amazingly stupid comments made on here :lol:

Haf, if you don't want to hear that Lukaku is only 21, stop complaining about his touch every 30 seconds and actually acknowledge the good he does. Poor second half, very good work (though no end result) in the 1st.

Just taking orders now, how many people want humble pie at the end of the season? If Jags continues like today, I'm having mine.

Jags did well Matt. But he was talked through it by the assured Stones.

Have just watched the game this morning after being out of the country for a week. Have to say was impressed with the defense, I though Jags played well and Stones looked allot more comfortable playing with him. I think that this is the prefered centreback partnership, and I think it settled the whole side.

I think having Besic in the side was a masterstroke from Martinez, his all round game and energy was just what we needed to compliment the "They shall not pass" attitude of Barry and McCarthy - although to be fair to McCarthy he offered allot more going forward and supporting the attacking players this time. Besic looks like his all round game is perfectly suited to a Martinez style team, I also think he will offer something that Barry and McCarthy lack which is the quick feet and an eye for a pass that will turn defense into attack much faster.

Despite the constant slating McGeady has received by some on this site, he offers something we need, which is direct running at opponents at pace with great ball control. Does he always track back - no, does he always make the right decision - no, but he offers a threat and will continue to score goals and create chances. He's not Mirallas but hes a good player who on his day is a real goal creator / scorer.

When I read the posts about this game I thought Lukaku had been playing pinball rather than football, having watched the game I though he played well, he was on the right of the top 3, he came central when he could, looked to take people on and was a real threat. We all know his touch is spasmodic but he is getting better, and unlike allot of players wants to improve. I truly believe that he will score more than 20 goals for us this season.

Overall I think this result can kick start our season, and was impressed with the comeback after the result against Palace. With Rooney suspended I think we can get a big result at Utd.

Guest blueboy122

Embarrassing people defending Lukaku.

How many more truly awful performances do I have to watch from him?

He's becoming more of a hindrance to the team than a help with him constantly losing the ball.

The shit Kone got on here after one match... At least he can control the fucking ball.