IGNORED

Burnley

markjazzbassist

I'm excited for this, hope to continue the winning ways from the villa match. 3 points or bust for me, they are a championship level team and will most likely be playing their trade there again next season. Best 11 available after the Europa match, here's what I think we will see

Howard

Coleman Alcaraz Jags Baines

McCarthy Barry

Naismith Barkley Osman

Lukaku

I'm excited for this, hope to continue the winning ways from the villa match. 3 points or bust for me, they are a championship level team and will most likely be playing their trade there again next season. Best 11 available after the Europa match, here's what I think we will see

Howard

Coleman Alcaraz Jags Baines

McCarthy Barry

Naismith Barkley Osman

Lukaku

Can't see Barry or Barkley starting this one after both playing the previous two. Besic and Pienaar in for them with a cameo from Ross in the last half hour. Maybe missed something with Alcaraz but I couldn't really see why he was left out for the Europa game and would like to see the centre backs play together as often as possible.

Otherwise I think the above is probably are strongest available line up.

Can't see Barry or Barkley starting this one after both playing the previous two. Besic and Pienaar in for them with a cameo from Ross in the last half hour. Maybe missed something with Alcaraz but I couldn't really see why he was left out for the Europa game and would like to see the centre backs play together as often as possible.

Otherwise I think the above is probably are strongest available line up.

you're probably right about barry and barkley, i think besic (or maybe gibson) we might see. pienaar looked rough yesterday, i'd rather see osman and have atsu start or something.

Probably because he's made of glass and Martinez wants him for the league game.

exactly, i think distin has been relegated to cup matches and europa league this year. it will be antolin (who did really well) and jags until stones gets back.

If we're to win this it'll be a case of grinding out the victory I reckon. It won't be a straightforward win by any means.

Got to do it somehow though; if we don't win this we can pretty much write off any points from post-Europa matches for the rest of the season.

I'll guess it'll be --

........................... Howard ..........................

Coleman .... Alcaraz .... Jagielka .... Baines

.............. McCarthy ........... Gibson .............

Atsu ................. Naismith ............... Osman

.......................... Lukaku ............................

Subs used 2d half -- if behind, Barkley, Eto'o, Pienaar/McGeady; if ahead, Besic, P/McG

I heard some predictions from pundits on the radio today saying thathet can see a convincing win for us with more than two goals. I don't think anyone watches us apart from opposition supporters and our own fans. We had all of two shots against lille.

Carry on like this and I can't see us beating anyone convincingly for the remainder of the season.

I heard some predictions from pundits on the radio today saying thathet can see a convincing win for us with more than two goals. I don't think anyone watches us apart from opposition supporters and our own fans. We had all of two shots against lille.

Carry on like this and I can't see us beating anyone convincingly for the remainder of the season.

In Europe, it's a chess game. I wouldn't read too much into that game.

i just long for the day we have rom, mirallas, barkley, coleman in the lineup at the same time...

But by then Baines, Barry and McCarthy will all have knocks I'm sure :P

Mmwe have been defending so much better the last 2 weeks, and it's no surprise Jag's form has been instrumental to that.. Clean sheet & 2 goals (atleast 1 for Rom to keep his confidence) would be perfect result.. Win here and I can see us going on a good 8-10 undefeated streak!!

They are shit & can't score to save their lives. Add to that the fact that we are defending much better & really we should bury them. (One nil loss it is then :P)

Ha ha, started reading your post and had my response half thought out before I'd finished reading it, "Arrogant, over confident etc etc"

Then I finished reading. I'm thinking exactly the same, we should win this easily, but.....

Can't wait for this one tomorrow. First away this season :( I was starting to think I was jinxed for aways this season. Let down last minute on Liecester tickets, missed out West Brom had tickets for the Derby and Old Trafford but was working those days and couldn't get the time off.

Got the tickets in my possesion for this one coach booked ... COYFBB!!!

Love the away days best games to go to by a country mile :)

I hope Barkley doesn't get a start tomorrow, the last thing I want to do is rush him and with all due respect to Burnley this is a game I believe we can afford to drop him. Lukaku hasn't really looked 100% fit this season because RM wont sit him out of PL matches. I'd like to see Ross come back into the squad as fit as he could be.

Burnley have struggled this season, having not won a game home or away. Moreover, only scoring 4 goals in 8 games. We need to go all out at them tomorrow, 1 point wont be good enough against a side in this current form.

Id like to see Coleman back in the starting line up along with McCarthey, Lukaku and Pienaar to start again, I think he'd do well in a game like this.

I'll be upset without 3 point here tomorrow boys! Come on Bobby lets put a few past em!

Can't wait for this one tomorrow. First away this season :( I was starting to think I was jinxed for aways this season. Let down last minute on Liecester tickets, missed out West Brom had tickets for the Derby and Old Trafford but was working those days and couldn't get the time off.

Got the tickets in my possesion for this one coach booked ... COYFBB!!!

Love the away days best games to go to by a country mile :)

Do your boys go with you to aways?

Do your boys go with you to aways?

Only the oldest. The youngest has just completely given up . He just doesn't like football.

My oldest would be heartbroken if I went without him I'd never go to a game without him. If he can't go then I don't either. We go together or not at all.

Burnley don't tend to enjoy much possession so far this season. Combine that with our high possession game and we should come out with 65-70% possession.

Although we have to do something with it.

Burnley do create chances, but struggle to put them away. They've only scored 4 so far and have mostly played mid to bottom half teams. And I think we have found some more of our defensive solidity from last season. We know we create chances and we can put them away.

We should be aiming for a clean sheet and 2 or 3 goals. Whatever team we put out should be capable of this.

I'm not concerned by a 'European hangover' as we have several players back from injury and can make 5 or 6 changes to accommodate the extra fixtures. Whereas in the earlier euro games, we didn't have this luxury.

Everton XI: Howard, Coleman, Baines, Jagielka, Alcaraz, Barry, McCarthy, McGeady, Osman, Naismith, Eto’o, Lukaku

Been changed (because there were twelve players named)...

EFC XI to face Burnley: Howard, Baines, Jagielka, Alcaraz, Coleman, Naismith, McCarthy, Barry, Osman, Eto'o, Lukaku

EFC subs: Robles, Hibbert, Gibson, McGeady, Barkley, Pienaar, Besic.