IGNORED

Has Martinez got it wrong?

Lowensda

I have softened a bit on the Martinez out front, while I believe we are in the position we find ourselves because of his stubbornness and inflexibility, I also believe at present there are no other candidates that stick out yet.

If he doesn't improve on last years disastrous pre season and bring in the right players then we will struggle again, regardless of that I would give him until October.

I truly hope he turns it around as I believe there is a very good manager in him.

Another good article, Dunc. One brilliant season, one dire. Next season is when he should be judged and when we should know where we're at with him in charge.

Bit of a factual error though.

"A dismal total of just 32 points after 28 games has left the fan base divided over the Spaniard’s future."

We only had twenty-eight points after twenty-eight games.

Only saw the 2nd half against a 10 man Burnley, yes we won, and sure we've managed to pick up some god points in the last few games........But, I'm still pretty worried about Martinez.

I'm feeling a lot of trepidation about this summer and what players he's going to bring in, what players he's going to get shut of. I hope he gets most of it right (there are bound to be a few mistakes) because I do not want another season like this one, or worse.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2015/04/martinez-barkley-right-to-take-penalty/

That is exactly the type of shite Martinez spouts that absolutely astounds me.

He is happy to have 3 or 4 penalty takers on the pitch? So would we all be if they fucking scored them!!!

Baines is the pen taker he is one of the best in the business he very rarely misses yet he's happy to see him shoved aside and other players step up and... Miss!!!

Same with the free kicks, granted Mirallas is a great taker but Baines doesn't even take them when Mirallas isn't playing. It's almost like players have gone in crying to Martinez that it's not fair Baines gets all the pens and free kicks and Martinez has yeilded and taken him off him.

I'm sure it's not really that but what else is there to explain it? It's basic management skills surely, aet the team out, "listen lads Leighton takes the pens, he IS our penalty taker if we get one nobody else is to step up" basic basic rules to instil discipline into your side set rules and structure not just let them decide who's doing what when they fucking feel like it it's a shambles and we've been made to look stupid twice over this now.

Martinez is too soft, he gets no respect from his players that is evident by the way they just take decisions upon themselves to do what the fuck they like on the pitch if he is sending them out saying just sort it between yourselves then that is wrong on so many levels it truely is.

His constant talking up of players like Mcgeady, Kone, Alcaraz to name but a few when they are woefully inadequate for what we need leaves me literally speechless and the likes of Kone, Mcgeady are new-ish signings so you can put your house on them both being integral parts of his pllans next season. We need a hefty overhaul next season if he brings players of the aforementioned quality or standard in we are going to be up shit creek without a paddle.

The thought of lining up with Howard, Alcaraz Mcgeady and Kone in our match day 18 next season makes me feel sick in the pit of my stomach, add Cleverly to that and there's a pretty similar pattern developing to the types of signings he's making.

2 seasons in with him now and my concerns continue to grow. He's the wrong man for us he really is.

The only good reason I can see Baines not taking penalties is if Martinez plans to sell him in the summer so is working out his options for next year. I cannot see any other logical reason for him not taken them.

I honestly think he doesn't drill them with them and just says "whoever fancies it at the time then take it" It's the only logical explanation I can think of. A bit like the rumour going round we don't practice corners well I think he doesn't take time to drill them in penalty situations and tells them to sort it between themselves and whoer feels confident enough to take it to do it , I think he'll look at it as players stepping up to the plate and taking responsibility etc, character building if you will.

If that's the case it's a shocking way to run a premiership team absolutely shocking.

Either that or Baines has requested to be removed from them for some reason. Maybe he didn't like the pressure.

Baines has spat his dummy out and I said this before the Burnley game.

He's probably thought "cheeky fuckers, lets see how you like it".

The fact is no one is anywhere near his level, he had his status questioned by a player in a crucial game and he's thought "ok, fuck you pot then". Since then Rom has grabbed it and he's just totally withdrawn.

Bit petulant but penno taking is very much mental and he's had his status challenged.

According to one Sunday paper West Ham are looking at Martinez to replace Allardyce next season.

Someones posted a thread in the rumour section. As much as I don't like him no way would he leave here for West Ham BUT if they play things right after they move to that stadium the right buyer comes in they could be the next Man City for defo.

That is exactly the type of shite Martinez spouts that absolutely astounds me.

He is happy to have 3 or 4 penalty takers on the pitch?

How many people on the forum have been saying "bring in some of the youngsters, give them a shot since it won't matter too much, now is a period when we can be learning"? So, we do that with penalty-takers and "it astounds me." At this point in the season, why not allow others to take a couple of penalties?

How many people on the forum have been saying "bring in some of the youngsters, give them a shot since it won't matter too much, now is a period when we can be learning"? So, we do that with penalty-takers and "it astounds me." At this point in the season, why not allow others to take a couple of penalties?

That has to be one of the stupidest statements I've seen written here!!

Baines is the penalty taker if we were 4-0 up I could half understand it but at 0-0 and the West Brom fiasco no way should the penaltiesbe passed around.

Do you think it's just a kick about in the park of a Sunday? It's a premier league game in a professional football game, you don't just fuck about trying things out for a laugh there has to be structure, there has to be discipline, there has to be continuity and there has to be respect for the fans who pay to watch.

It has absolutely nothing to do with giving the kids a chance it happened at West Brom and cost us 2 points it happened again yesterday, it's an absolute disgrace that Martinez just shrugs his shoulders and says "oh well" don't worry about the penalty and it has A LOTto do with the way we've gone this season. It's sloppy, shoddy and amateur behaviour and if it carries on we'll continue to slide down the table like we have been.

A football team needs a leader, it needs a manager who is feared and respected to be succesful otherwise you become a GROUP of players and not a TEAM of players

Martinez has it wrong here. Before the game tell everyone who is on pens in what order, if they go around that, castigate them as they should be!

Get some bloody discipline going on!

Million percent this.

There has to be a game plannot just go out and do what the fuck you feel like.

Guest rusty747

I think maybe Roberto is trying too hard to be popular with the players. Any damn fool can be popular and you can get away with it when things are going well. However, there comes a time when you have to grab hold of a situation and kick the occasional ass. That, imho, is where Martinez is lacking.

Edited by rusty747

This is the problem with Martinez and the fans, no one wants him to swap penalty takers

and everyone wants him to give some of the youngsters a chance

we can not all be wrong

I wonder if hes sat on Southport beach telling the tide what to do.