IGNORED

Lukaku

I still think all the flak he is getting is massively over the top and unfair

I don't think there is much doubt he wants to play for a top side, but why wouldn't he?

There was SPECULATION in one German newspaper that he had been shown around Dortmunds ground and people are going into meltdown without even knowing how reputable that source is . The Sunday Sport once printed a story that Elvis was alive and living on the moon , it doesn't make it true.

If he has been shown around then surely that constitutes tapping up the player and we can report Dortmund

As for his supposed poor attitude , let's get it straight the entire team have been shite since the Chelsea game and all displayed the same lack of effort but once again Rom has been singled out

The service in to him has been non existent and anyone who claims that is not the case needs their head read

He has also been playing which an injury which is bound to effect him

Lastly his wages may be astronomical compared to most of us but in the big picture the money he is on is quite modest considering he is one of the top young forwards in Europe

Thank you.

It's crazy how much Rom has been criticized when he's been one of our better (least worst) performers, yet everyday there are paragraphs on why he's crap. I'm not saying he shouldn't be, but there's an obvious obsession on here.

Edited by TonkaRoost

Thank you.

It's crazy how much Rom has been criticized when he's been one of our better (least worst) performers, yet everyday there are paragraphs on why he's crap. I'm not saying he shouldn't be, but there's an obvious obsession on here.

Not many different sources though.

Not many different sources though.

Not many people are prepared to call him out when they have been so euphoric in his praise and so staunch in their defence of him... so it kinda stands to reason....

When he is poor take a pick from any of these:-

sore toe

world cup

he's only 21, 22 and counting

he has no service

the rest of the team have been poor

he's split from his girlfriend

the team don't play to his strengths

he's tired because he has played as many games as 35 year old Gareth Barry

to be honest its a full on list.... poor old Barkley, the lazy sod that he is doesn't get such excuses - he hasn't even mentioned moving to another club in the numerous times that Rom has....

Not many people are prepared to call him out when they have been so euphoric in his praise and so staunch in their defence of him... so it kinda stands to reason....

How courageous of you to speak out against the masses. Edited by TonkaRoost

Wow. Surprised you're not speaking in third person....oh wait...

well given that its a famous (well clearly not that famous) quote I decided not to turn it into first person, I wouldn't want people thinking I would plagiarize Ghandi now would I?

I mean it's bad enough to criticise Lord Romelu of Kirkdale... I wouldn't want to be completely out of order.

I understand it to be a famous quote, but when you add, "half way between 3 and 4 at the moment...", you're implying reference to yourself?

You can criticise him fairly. That's fine. As many others have pointed out, he singularly and regularly, gets much much more scathing criticism than any other player and mostly all of it, from yourself.

Edited by Lowensda

I understand it to be a famous quote, but when you add, "half way between 3 and 4 at the moment...", you're implying reference to yourself?

You can criticise him fairly. That's fine. As many others have pointed out, he singularly and regularly, gets much much more scathing criticism than any other player and mostly all of it, from yourself.

yep and the fishing rods come out for who???..... its all fair game so that's that. If he scores 3 tonight his drivel thread will be alive and well with I told you so's.... that's the way it is.

It doesn't come across as a "reply" more of a statement.

Plus, "speaking out against the masses"...? Because these "masses" don't share the same extreme views as you?

Instead of a quote, here's a definition:

A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary. As a pathology, it is distinct from a belief based on false or incomplete information, confabulation, dogma, illusion, or other effects of perception.

Edited by Lowensda

It doesn't come across as a "reply" more of a statement.

Plus, "speaking out against the masses"...? Because these "masses" don't share the same extreme views as you?

Instead of a quote, here's a definition:

oooooh your getting personal now - ok can I go into meltdown mode and post definitions of volatile? No I will stick to the subject.

simply put I have remained staunch in my criticisms of Lukaku whilst people laughed and ignored..... only now are people starting to get angered as there is apparent merit in my points. Its not a good feeling, I didn't feel good when I said Stones Cryuff saga again bst Spurs was a watershed moment that will be the start of a confidence blow out for the lad.. it was and he's worth a fraction of his summer fee at the moment... but ah no, the lad is class blah blah blah....

its not about being right - its about having conviction in what you see and not what you hope. I made the latter mistake with Martinez.

oooooh your getting personal now - ok can I go into meltdown mode and post definitions of volatile? No I will stick to the subject.

simply put I have remained staunch in my criticisms of Lukaku whilst people laughed and ignored..... only now are people starting to get angered as there is apparent merit in my points. Its not a good feeling, I didn't feel good when I said Stones Cryuff saga again bst Spurs was a watershed moment that will be the start of a confidence blow out for the lad.. it was and he's worth a fraction of his summer fee at the moment... but ah no, the lad is class blah blah blah....

its not about being right - its about having conviction in what you see and not what you hope. I made the latter mistake with Martinez.

only recently had your staunch criticism been justified, that's the issue along with you only recently critiquing others to a minor degree compared to what you throw at Rom. That's the frustration that I see and have had for 18monthsnor so.

only recently had your staunch criticism been justified, that's the issue along with you only recently critiquing others to a minor degree compared to what you throw at Rom. That's the frustration that I see and have had for 18monthsnor so.

The thing is Matt its been glaringly obvious to me from the January of his loan season that he is a player who is very "indifferent" to the cause of the team.

Maybe its the fact that I recall the Cottee years oh so well. He arrived in a blaze of glory, a much heralded young talent and record signing who netted 3 on his debut. A very good penalty box operator but ultimately a player who didn't "get us" - when you were in the trenches you couldn't rely on him. Players like an ageing Graeme Sharp or Mike Newell were used when TC "just wasn't really up for it".

Some people look at stats and ignore any frailties they see.... the frailties have been far too obvious and troublesome for me even when he throws in one of his "unplayable games".

The thing is Matt its been glaringly obvious to me from the January of his loan season that he is a player who is very "indifferent" to the cause of the team.

Maybe its the fact that I recall the Cottee years oh so well. He arrived in a blaze of glory, a much heralded young talent and record signing who netted 3 on his debut. A very good penalty box operator but ultimately a player who didn't "get us" - when you were in the trenches you couldn't rely on him. Players like an ageing Graeme Sharp or Mike Newell were used when TC "just wasn't really up for it".

Some people look at stats and ignore any frailties they see.... the frailties have been far too obvious and troublesome for me even when he throws in one of his "unplayable games".

Fair enough, just pointing out the frustration of some, or at least my interpretation.

Fair enough, just pointing out the frustration of some, or at least my interpretation.

For me the biggest issue in the team is lack of accountability, a lack of players playing for each other, a lack players being brought in to "Everton FC". I'm sorry but amongst the many games where he hasn't bothered his interview can be seen as a major derailing factor of what we have seen in the past weeks since the Chelsea game.

It's not just him - but its only him talking about moving on in the middle of a season where so many points were left to play for and a major stage of a cup competition. People at the time cited ambition.... really???

Michael Ball called it absolutely spot on at the time. He recalled Arteta at rangers and being linked away and the performances just dropped. Not good, not good at all.

The frustrating thing for me is that no matter how much I hope he comes good and stays....he just keeps playing into Hafs hands.

He is right about his attitude and the way he doesn't often turn up.

I can't work out of he had a purple patch or whether he's just been worked out...just like the team.

Elvis IS alive on the moon. Lukaku was seen taking a selfie with him when he went there to look around the alien moonbase that's been discovered....FACT!

Only just spotted this. What a load of rubbish, everyone knows it was Mars, not the moon.

The frustrating thing for me is that no matter how much I hope he comes good and stays....he just keeps playing into Hafs hands.

He is right about his attitude and the way he doesn't often turn up.

I can't work out of he had a purple patch or whether he's just been worked out...just like the team.

Rom is pretty much like an Oasis album 3 or 4 crackers amongst a fair bit of garbage in the early days and lesser as they get older.

Some people gets the t-shirt, go the concert, copy the hairstyle and join the hype based on the 3 great songs among the 7 pretty dire ones.... the thing is they make out that the poor 7 songs are not bad at all and that Oasis are comparable to the Beatles....

I kinda remember "little by little" as being a load of "what was that" as much as the fanatic will wax lyrical about "Live Forever"

We have a thread to argue about Rom, let's not have two please.

This is the rumours thread.

Good point, an we take it back to the right thread here...

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/20326-longest-thread-for-drivel-or-the-romelu-lukaku-thread/

....until another rumour appears. This thread is temporarily closed.

At 21 we should be looking at getting around 22mil for the lad. I would sell kone in the summer aswell as Mirallas. We should be looking at around £40mil for that lot, plus tv money, plus unspent money in 2014. I would really change the dynamics of the team around with certain signings. I would also trust bobby to put his stamp on this club with all that dollar. Then, and only then would I get rid if it doesn't live up to standards at that point. I would also like to see bobby utilise his knowledge abroad when looking at new signings. As haf said. Some signings have been all too lazy of late. He hasn't looked any further than half hour down the road.

I would keep Mirallas but that is just my opinion.