IGNORED

Lukaku

I agree with Haf tbh he's been far to outspoken for my liking he just doesn't know when to pipe down and crack on, I'm all for players having ambition but speaking publicly about it and having those around you do so aswel is disrespectful and not necessary if your as good as you think you are clubs will come knocking

If anything over £50m is offered I'd snap their hand off and move on

Odd really. Lukaku was adamant that he'd finish his outgoing transfer before the start of the Euros. I reckon that new owner has something to do with it. Maybe they showed Lukaku a nice 3- year plan for EFC and how much cash the guys will splash in incoming reinforcements to try and go for Champion's League football and such.

Of course we would know if someone made an offer for him... his agent and his dad spoke of clubs who hadn't made an offer for him!

His agent well knows that there is a risk that his fee may well crash and with that his percentage cut.

I don't understand why we need to sell our plans to him. We were in the key part of a season and he started his exit campaign with about as much class as Nigel farage.

We aren't man united under ferguson but we could certainly do with adopting his approach with players.

I don't think anyone wanted to pay what we wanted. Simple.

Roms agent touted him around, no doubt about that. But no biters for the price we'd want.

All you have to do is follow the words of Rom, Roms Dad, and Roms agent. They tell the story for you.

Rom said himself he knows who his next club is going to be...so who is it?

There's a lot of time left before the season starts, so a lot can happen, but do far the club are holding all the cards.

Only rumours though mate. The Russian does look a bit creepy though, he's defo broke some fingers with a hammer.

Think he threatened to do that to his agent and Dad if they didn't stop shit stirring? Funny how it's changed to he always had the option to stay it was never nailed on he was going to leave Everton. Yeah whatever.

Twitter is melting with rumours he's about to pen a new deal.

Time to put the Lukaku thread on ignore otherwise I'll end up spamming it to fuck.

Fuck sake. I don't know who I feel sorry for... myself for having to tolerate this lazy prick on 100k plus.... or you lot for having to see my posts about him.

Fuck sake. I don't know who I feel sorry for... myself for having to tolerate this lazy prick on 100k plus.... or you lot for having to see my posts about him.

There's a very clear winner there, especially as he's going to be earning more for being a lazy, skill-less, loudmouthed prick

could be as simple as inserting a buy out clause in the contract as well. which is just smart, and his agent can then just pass that along to clubs instead of his dad/agent having a chat with the press.

Should insert a "everytime I open my mouth to the media to pine for a move, I should have at least a week's wages docked"....he'll be the next David James. Moneyless bellwop.

What is Ray Parlour going on about here, is he saying Lukaku is Ageuro/Suarez standard?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/arsenal-transfer-news-gunners-urged-sign-romelu-lukaku-antoine-griezmann-1569843

"With Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil around they will always create chances. Olivier Giroud has done well. He's a good player but they need someone of the calibre of a Sergio Aguero or a Luis Suarez.

What is Ray Parlour going on about here, is he saying Lukaku is Ageuro/Suarez standard?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/arsenal-transfer-news-gunners-urged-sign-romelu-lukaku-antoine-griezmann-1569843

"With Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil around they will always create chances. Olivier Giroud has done well. He's a good player but they need someone of the calibre of a Sergio Aguero or a Luis Suarez.

Quite contrary. I believe he dismisses Lukaku if you read it as per quoted comments.

"Romelu Lukaku's been mentioned," the Arsenal legend told Sky Sports. "We'd love to see Antoine Griezmann at Arsenal. That's the sort of quality they need.

Yep I think he ignores the Rom suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

Haf, have you got the car fuelled up ready to drive him to Chelsea training ground?

Nope - I but I am prepared to give him a piggy back there.

He's burnt his bridges as far as I'm concerned... sure I have always had reservations about his quality and attitude on the pitch, but he went way too far in his pursuit of leaving.

If he was a Louis Suarez level striker I may have a problem with head and heart - but he isn't that level and never will be. £50-£60m will prove to be an extraordinary good deal for us. I haven't got a crystal ball but I do not see him becoming the player many think he could be. I think around a load of other egos and talents he will be found wanting and Conte will not excuse his "off" games - nor will their fans.