IGNORED

Newcastle Home

Paddock

Sooooo made up... Made up for McCarthy, hope he gets some more shots off now. Gotta play kone more now in that performance. Two dominant strikers of there size makes defenders think, especially how they both drop deep. Look much better with wide players. And now bobby must realize that 4-4-2, although not continental, works most of the time. The one formation that every payer looked used to.

FINALLY!

Better performance today all around. Lennon, McCarthy, Kone (except his pig-headed selfish move which should have been another goal), Big Rom, Baines. No Barry, too. That's always a plus. Still some shaky shit going on playing against 10 men but the three points is all that matters right now. Confidence much needed - very glad to see Ross get the goal at the end. Good save from Howard too.

COYB!!!!!

Edited by chalkpie

Good win and fairly solid performances all round.

I felt we really dropped the tempo once they went down to 10. Possibly a good idea with the lead and a trip to Kiev coming up. I'm not sure it was that deliberate though. We just looked tired, which is a bit of a concern.

Kone looks like he needs a good few more games. Looked knackered after 20 mins. He'd be the only one who didn't look quite right today.

Many positives from the game. Hopefully the crap talk can be given a rest for a week.

Can we build some momentum now???

Lukaku's hold up play was ace today. Lennon worked his ass off, getting us a penalty and getting that turd Coloccini sent off. Kone unlucky to not score and never stopped working. Barkley should've had two during his cameo. Atsu's post-AFCON confidence is still there, so that's good. McCarthy was in full control today, covering every inch of grass. Gibson's passing was what we hope to see from him. Bird Man was really solid at the back and with the ball. Baines was working really hard, and not acting like he's taking his place in the team for granted.

Osman and Lennon on the field together works nicely, too, I thought.

So many positives to take from today.

Did everyone actually watch kone today? we play far better with him in the side. People need to get out of there head that if he doesn't score he's shit. I have come to the conclusion that kone is not a goal scorer, he is a link up player. He drags defenders everywhere and brings out the best in the players we have paid an awful lot of money for.

Lukaku's hold up play was ace today. Lennon worked his ass off, getting us a penalty and getting that turd Coloccini sent off. Kone unlucky to not score and never stopped working. Barkley should've had two during his cameo. Atsu's post-AFCON confidence is still there, so that's good. McCarthy was in full control today, covering every inch of grass. Gibson's passing was what we hope to see from him. Bird Man was really solid at the back and with the ball. Baines was working really hard, and not acting like he's taking his place in the team for granted.

Osman and Lennon on the field together works nicely, too, I thought.

So many positives to take from today.

I missed that January signing. Where did we get him from? Bird Man.

Wonder if he knows Spider, Bat, or He - Man?!!

Did everyone actually watch kone today? we play far better with him in the side. People need to get out of there head that if he doesn't score he's shit. I have come to the conclusion that kone is not a goal scorer, he is a link up player. He drags defenders everywhere and brings out the best in the players we have paid an awful lot of money for.

Spot on. i love this 442

Yeah. Desperately needs game time. He faded quite quickly. In the first 20 minutes he was a live wire. Dragging defenders out, finding space, nifty lay offs...but then it got a bit scruffy overall.

When lineup announced I thought this looked like 4-4-2, and most of the match I think that was the setup. I was surprised when McCarthy came forward, but Gibson was middle of pitch a lot, good.

I see upcoming EPL matches as a test of RM's misplaced faith in Barry. I thought Barry was so valuable last season, but he 's not had a good season this. I guess I'd have no big problem if Barry plays in Kyiv, maybe with Besic. Need some rotation between now and Thursday, and between Kyiv and QPR, including midfield. Lennon/Atsu look a good, very active combo going forward, and maybe Mirallas/Osman over on left side. Baines played well, but I do hope Garbutt plays some.

Must, must, must play Gibson more than Barry. Roberto?

Already looking up the table... what a perfomance! goodison would have been rocking!

It wasn't, it was anxious and nervous for most of the game. After the pen and sending off it breathed a sigh of relief..

Good win wasn't a GREAT performance but a good win none the less. We desperately needed that although Newcastle gave us the game but I'm not complaining one iota.

Lukaku is really growing into his role, had a good game, McCarthey was excellent as was Alcaraz.

Don't get why people are singing Kones praises, he was invisable most of the first half. He's absolute wank.

People should just accept him because they're desperate for a change in formation.

Had 2-0 in the predictor but happily sacrifice that for Ross to get a goal.

Hopefully he and the whole team will get a lift from this and can kick on and finish the season like a train.

Newcastle boss John Carver: "Even 11 v 11 we were second best, we started brightly, and had a chance of a penalty but we don't get those so that's no surprise. We had our best chances when we went to down 10-man and the loss of Fabricio Coloccini for the next three games is even more disappointing. I've looked at it from four or five angles and I'm not totally convinced. The reaction from the Everton players told me it was something serious but when I've looked at it I wasn't convinced."

Try watching it again with your eyes open John.

It wasn't, it was anxious and nervous for most of the game. After the pen and sending off it breathed a sigh of relief..

Good win wasn't a GREAT performance but a good win none the less. We desperately needed that although Newcastle gave us the game but I'm not complaining one iota.

Lukaku is really growing into his role, had a good game, McCarthey was excellent as was Alcaraz.

Don't get why people are singing Kones praises, he was invisable most of the first half. He's absolute wank.

People should just accept him because they're desperate for a change in formation.

Had 2-0 in the predictor but happily sacrifice that for Ross to get a goal.

Hopefully he and the whole team will get a lift from this and can kick on and finish the season like a train.

Could hear it roaring at points on telly... Our attacking play had a lot more about it. I will agree with you that Newcastle gave it to us, but we did play well.

Could hear it roaring at points on telly... Our attacking play had a lot more about it. I will agree with you that Newcastle gave it to us, but we did play well.

I'm not knocking them Btay, we did play well.

Theatmosphere was mentioned and it was a nervous edgey atmosphere until the second goal and sending off. Even after that I still suspect wvery single blue in that ground at the back of his or her mind was still thinking "fucking hell these could get back in this"

I was.

I'm not knocking them Btay, we did play well.

Theatmosphere was mentioned and it was a nervous edgey atmosphere until the second goal and sending off. Even after that I still suspect wvery single blue in that ground at the back of his or her mind was still thinking "fucking hell these could get back in this"

I was.

I do understand what you are saying. After the pen the commentator said Lukaku had won it for Everton and I thought 2-0 with 30 odd to play... It looks like there is some confidence growng. Big game mid week now

I cannot stress enough how important Gibson and Lennon were in this match. Gibson was pivotal to distributing the ball and attacking in a way that Barry has failed to do. It was important in this match that Martinez not stop the flow of the game by putting two defensive midfielders on: Barry/ Besic or Barry/ McCarthy.

However, I think that Lennon was by far the best player in the pitch. He fulfills his offensive and defensive duties well. Moreover, he made Coleman shine today, particularly when his play has failed to impress during the season. The reason being that having a fast and tactful player on the right flank that also plays well defensively leaves Coleman open for more runs and crosses, what Deulofeu did last season, and what McGeady has failed to do consistently.

Lennon is what we need to play wider football. However, he and Atsu are only here on loan. Wingers will be pivotal during the next transfer window. Who will be the long term solution?

I cannot stress enough how important Gibson and Lennon were in this match. Gibson was pivotal to distributing the ball and attacking in a way that Barry has failed to do. It was important in this match that Martinez not stop the flow of the game by putting two defensive midfielders on: Barry/ Besic or Barry/ McCarthy.

However, I think that Lennon was by far the best player in the pitch. He fulfills his offensive and defensive duties well. Moreover, he made Coleman shine today, particularly when his play has failed to impress during the season. The reason being that having a fast and tactful player on the right flank that also plays well defensively leaves Coleman open for more runs and crosses, what Deulofeu did last season, and what McGeady has failed to do consistently.

Lennon is what we need to play wider football. However, he and Atsu are only here on loan. Wingers will be pivotal during the next transfer window. Who will be the long term solution?

Some really good points, I think another good thing today will be Barkley getting that goal, will do him a power of good.

The fact that Newcastle didn't exactly have a go 'can' be over looked, we needed the points more than we needed a performance.