IGNORED

Newcastle Home

Paddock

I just want to see Kone play. Physically he is by far our most imposing player up front, strong as an ox. Bullied Heitinga all over the park a few years back.

He will create chances by sheer desire if nothing else, his touch and hold up play is the best we have also.

I would also look to play Mirallas, hopefully a word in his ear may spark something.

I just want to see Kone play. Physically he is by far our most imposing player up front, strong as an ox. Bullied Heitinga all over the park a few years back.

He will create chances by sheer desire if nothing else, his touch and hold up play is the best we have also.

I would also look to play Mirallas, hopefully a word in his ear may spark something.

So did Carlton Cole, Jerome Thomas and just about every other centre forward he came up against that season

Team's you're all picking are far too similiar to what'll be played tonight, see what the line-up is like tonight then have a go on who's starting based on how many minutes and fatigue from the KIev game. We need some fresh legs and fresh ideas, hopefully Roberto mixes it up a bit and can create some positivity COYB

Kone should be the 9 and lukaku the 10. Or 442 and have lukaku drop back some so he can get the ball in front of him.

See I'm not sure on that... If anything I think it's the opposite. Rom keeps trying to come deep and lay it off - it's not his game, that's Kones strength. Let rom sit on the last man, if we play with some tempo we will get him in behind and that's what he needs to flourish. Hopefully his assist Thursday night has shown what he can achieved when he uses his strength.

This match is totally winnable. Newcastle has been somewhat lucky; they've conceeded more goals and scored fewer than Everton but they've got 7 more points out of it. Everton will need to score more than one goal--ideally 3--because we've forgotton how to keep clean sheets.

Guest rusty747

Lukaku and Kone start, as does Osman. Stones, Garbutt and Nais on the bench. Baines back in.

Howard

Coleman Jags Alcaraz Baines

Lennon McCarthy Gibson Osman

Kone Lukaku

Guest rusty747

Thete are a few options with Ossie. He could play wide and try to get the best out of Baines a la Pienaar. Alternatively, we could see Rom or Kone out wide and Ossie playing as the No. 10. I suspect it will be a mixture of those 2 options.

I hope the game is won by half time so we can sub Ossie off. I would like to seehim play the full 90 in Kyiev/Kiev

Maybe a 4-4-2, with diamond in midfield, McCarthy as DM, Lennon RM, Osman LM, Gibson ACM.

Probably not officially, but I'd think McCarthy will stay back, Gibson go forward. This is a surprising lineup, for Gibson really isn't a DM. So if he, Baines, and Coleman all press forward, that leaves McCarthy alone to help Jagielka and Alcaraz. This is a goal-seeking team RM has put on the pitch. Amazing.

Decent starting 11.

Be interesting to see how they line up. Really hoping Kone provides an extra distraction for the defenders and allows Lukaku more space.

More than anything though, really want an high tempo, up and at 'em, type performance. And 3 points!!!