IGNORED

Dynamo Kyiv (Europa H)

Btay

Took the crowd to turn things, don't think I've ever heard a crowd getting that angry, that quickly.The passion shown by them inspired the players, Martinez must be blind if he can't see we play better moving things forward more quickly.

Opponents not that great really, but we really got at them eventually.

Don't think any Everton player had a bad game, but think if Barkley and Mirallas had excelled we could have taken a large advantage to the second leg.

Big up for Rom, he had shit service during the awfull early period but looked awsome when we kicked on, would rather Baines take the penalties though Rom.....please.

Atrocious first half. It's a good job we got the equaliser before half time otherwise the atmosphere would've been very bad.

The second half we remembered who the fuck we are. That was the Everton of last season. Play like that, with that intensity, and we'll get points no bother. Do not slip back into the sterile shite we've displayed on Sunday.

Just finished work! Glad we're up! How we been looking if someone could quickly re cap

Pathetic first 30 minutes by Everton, fans whistling, including many of us here on TT. Lazy defense gave DK their early goal, dismaying.

Everton perked up,last 10-12 minutes of first half. Rom missed long, long shot when DK goalie way out, almost to midfield! Naismith scored after absolutely brilliant run with ball by Rom, who truly fought off 3 defenders in succession, laid ball off to Naismith for good finish.

Second half almost all Everton, attack, attack, couldn't quite finish. Barry had good chance in box, but no foot, way wide. Osman got us a deserved PK in 82d (?) minute, DK handball. Rom with good, but not great, PK. Really, really needed another goal, may regret missing a 3d next week.

No one played well first 30 minutes, but several after that: Jagielka, McCarthy, Alcaraz, Coleman down the right repeatedly, Rom better at holding ball at feet, Naismith everywhere (occasionally usefully), Garbutt several good corners and spot kicks, almost scored goal on one spot kick. Everton totally controlled second half, with only maybe a couple of possible DK counter-threats.

Exciting second half, all positive, with one big, big negative: no 3d goal.

This performance will surely help v. both Newcastle and 2d leg in Kyiv.

Edited by Elston Gunnn

Everton boss Roberto Martinez on ITV:

"We learned that when we have got that tempo in our play and when we use the character we have we are a very strong team. We started with the team edgy and with a bit of anxiety in our game.

"We scored a very good goal and had one cleared off the line. You could see the momentum carrying us through. We then kept Dynamo Kiev very, very quiet and in those situations you can be exposed.

"Overall it was a very good performance and the reaction shows we are a very good team. We are not favourites as the home team always has a little advantage. Now we are looking forward to the second leg as we travel well in Europe. It is a challenge we are looking forward to."

Guest rusty747

It will never happen, but for a well balanced team in the league I would love to se:

4-4-2 with the mid 4 in a diamond and full backs bombing on.

Howard

Coleman Stones Jags Baines

Mirallas McCarthy Barkley Oviedo

Kone Lukaku

Subs. Robles Garbutt. Browning Barry Osman Naismith Besic

It will never happen, but for a well balanced team in the league I would love to se:

4-4-2 with the mid 4 in a diamond and full backs bombing on.

Howard

Coleman Stones Jags Baines

Mirallas McCarthy Barkley Oviedo

Kone Lukaku

Subs. Robles Garbutt. Browning Barry Osman Naismith Besic

dont drop Garbutt, he's been a breath of fresh air. Said it before, will be so annoyed when Baines waltzes back in. Baines has been one of our few decent performers this season, but we need to play form players and dropping youth, like with Robles, will bite us in the ass

Guest rusty747

It was a tough call and I had originally put Garbutt in ahead of Baines. The problem is that Baines is the England left back and has to play for Everton if he wants to play for England. So, big decision time is coming. Are we happy enough with Garbutt and Oviedo to sell Baines and get some cash for him? It's a big call.

It was a tough call and I had originally put Garbutt in ahead of Baines. The problem is that Baines is the England left back and has to play for Everton if he wants to play for England. So, big decision time is coming. Are we happy enough with Garbutt and Oviedo to sell Baines and get some cash for him? It's a big call.

Oviedo is still young too. I'd keep them all but rotate Garbutt with Baines and promote Oviedo to LW, since he's a bit shaky at LB

Guest rusty747

If that would keep both Garbutt and Baines happy then that would be ideal but I cant see either player accepting it other than in the short term and it might take away some of the understanding amongst the back four if its a different left back every other game.

Just got in, we're absolutely soaked :(

Jagielka was fucking fantastic, Garbut, McCarthy and Lukaku were brilliant.

First half hour they were by FAR the better side, there number 10 was fucking brilliant, was that Yarmalenko? (Left the programme under the seat ?)

After we scored we were MUCH better and we absolutely dominated them. Naismith proved tonight what I've been quietly thinking to myself for a while now. He just stops our attacks constantly but he does it again and pops up with a goal which is why it pains me to think of him the way I do. He's like having a bird that cheats on you but is fucking dynamite in the sack. You know she's no good for you but now and again she blows your socks off and it's great.

We need to sign Garbutt to a deal this week. If we let him go it's a fucking travesty and the club want disowning over it. Give him a bumper deal and game time.

Barkley was invisable, don't really get why people are saying he looked lively. I forgot he was playing at times. He needs to be played away from Goodison because he's quite clearly a bag of nerves. As much as I don't rate him AS HIGHLY as some, I feel sorry for the lad. The weight of expectation on his shoulders is just ridiculous. People at the match expect everytime he gets the ball for him to turn into a player from FIFA15 do 20 keepyups beat 9 men and bicycle kick it into the top corner from the half way line!!

Last note for Kone. He's fucking garbage. Knocked off the ball, strolled around in spells like he didn't have a care in the world he was wasteful and offered nothing.

Sorry, one last mention for Kyiv centre halfs. Both were excellent today can hold their heads high. Some fantastic tackling under pressure. Well played to both, thought they were excellent.

We can beat them over there though.

Howard got beat at his near post AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

There's a surprise eh

Barkley was invisable, don't really get why people are saying he looked lively. I forgot he was playing at times. He needs to be played away from Goodison because he's quite clearly a bag of nerves. As much as I don't rate him AS HIGHLY as some, I feel sorry for the lad. The weight of expectation on his shoulders is just ridiculous. People at the match expect everytime he gets the ball for him to turn into a player from FIFA15 do 20 keepyups beat 9 men and bicycle kick it into the top corner from the half way line!!

He needs to be played in his correct position, which is either in midfield or behind the striker, he cant play in an attacking 3 with Naisy as he just gets forced wide where he is ineffective. They both go for the same space, fill the same role.

Well, it wasn't perfect but it was a million % better than anything I have seen in the last 6 months. Rom, brilliant. But to be of any use to Everton you have to demonstrate that attitude and willingness to press EVERY game. I feel like I have my Everton Football Club back now. But where have you been for the last 6 months?

Lessons to be learned for the Newcastle game:

Kone has something to offer. Give him the chance.

Ossie finished? No way, but needs his game time managing.

Rom, you now need to play to that standard every week.

Naismith. If your skill matched your effort and desire you would be a world beater. Love you mate. Needs to be kept in the side just for his finishing and ability to make something happen.

Mirallas. Keep trying lad. It will come back.

Roberto. Mix it up a bit and dont be frightened to go direct. It helps Rom and gets the crowd behind the team.

Crowd. Frustration is understandable but please lets get behind the team. Noone screws up on purpose and a pat on the back and a few words or cheers of encouragement can work wonders.

Proud to be a Blue. Now don't let me down on Sunday - Crowd, manager or team.

I think we did get behind the team. The first half an hour the atmosphere was toxic because the performance was dire, misplaced passes everywhere and even worse no spirit or fight just mind numbing passes across the back four. But as soon as Barry played a forward pass to Lukaku to run onto the atmosphere changed instantly

Its a give and take thing, the team need to give us something to get excited about and it doesn't take much, just a bit of effort and fight will do it. As soon as the players upped the tempo the crowd responded

After we scored we were MUCH better and we absolutely dominated them. Naismith proved tonight what I've been quietly thinking to myself for a while now. He just stops our attacks constantly but he does it again and pops up with a goal which is why it pains me to think of him the way I do. He's like having a bird that cheats on you but is fucking dynamite in the sack. You know she's no good for you but now and again she blows your socks off and it's great.

:lol: Not a bad ssummary! !!

Congratulations with the win ! It was a good game. Kyiv (this is Ukrainian way of transcription, while Kiev is Russian way - it was always like this, no change) started really great but looks like they really are unfit after the re-start of the season. Looks like the biggest problem for DK. Yarmolenko (#10, tall guy) played excellently when was able physically, no performance in the 2-d half almost. There were 3 very young guys (19-21) in the midlefiled for Kyiv (and the 4-th was a substitude) - almost no experience (2-3d game in Europe for all of them) - they were lost under the pressure definitely. So, well deserved win for Everton. I'm not surprised with it considering DK was really poor this season on away games in Europe.

Will be totally different game in Kyiv. DK could give a rest for core players in the local league, they should be in better fit form definitely - and there should be 70 ths crowd at the stadium. It is quite a unique there - the crowd pushes DK forward and they usually run as twice as much home vs away games. Would be very tough game for Everton considering you can not relax in the local game. I'm keeping a balanced optimism about the home game for DK - but we have 2 equally strong teams here - a minor things or luck will decide.

P.S Come to Kyiv - the situation is stable there and you'll enjoy it - don't be afraid

Congratulations with the win ! It was a good game. Kyiv (this is Ukrainian way of transcription, while Kiev is Russian way - it was always like this, no change) started really great but looks like they really are unfit after the re-start of the season. Looks like the biggest problem for DK. Yarmolenko (#10, tall guy) played excellently when was able physically, no performance in the 2-d half almost. There were 3 very young guys (19-21) in the midlefiled for Kyiv (and the 4-th was a substitude) - almost no experience (2-3d game in Europe for all of them) - they were lost under the pressure definitely. So, well deserved win for Everton. I'm not surprised with it considering DK was really poor this season on away games in Europe.

Will be totally different game in Kyiv. DK could give a rest for core players in the local league, they should be in better fit form definitely - and there should be 70 ths crowd at the stadium. It is quite a unique there - the crowd pushes DK forward and they usually run as twice as much home vs away games. Would be very tough game for Everton considering you can not relax in the local game. I'm keeping a balanced optimism about the home game for DK - but we have 2 equally strong teams here - a minor things or luck will decide.

P.S Come to Kyiv - the situation is stable there and you'll enjoy it - don't be afraid

Thought there was going to be a fan-ban in Kyiv?

Last note for Kone. He's fucking garbage. Knocked off the ball, strolled around in spells like he didn't have a care in the world he was wasteful and offered nothing.

Hopefully, once the rustiness wears off he can at least look OK. Because, I agree, he was rubbish when he came on.

Edited by Romey 1878

well ive waited 24 hours to enjoy the victory bit i

carnt believe people are picking sundays team with howard in it

the win was great but it should have been 2 0 to let a goal in

from a shot beyond the near post to beat you on the near post

is so piss poor thank god they only had one decent shot

all the time it means we have got to score more than them

because he can not keep a clean sheet.