IGNORED

John Stones

From Sky

BREAKING NEWS

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright has released a statement saying defender John Stones is not for sale and the club have turned down his transfer request.

The 21-year-old has been the subject of three bids from Chelsea, but, in a short statement, Kenwright has said: "Everton Football Club has rejected a transfer request from John Stones.

"Since the start of the transfer window, we have resolutely turned down offers from another Premier League football club for our player.

"John is not for sale and he will remain a highly valued member of our first team squad."

Still doesn't make up for the fact that it's 27th of August and he's given our manager pittens again to spend and strengthen the squad. First time he's said a word this summer. Keeping Stones is huge but what he needs to do is back our manager with funds so we can build a team around him.

Guest rusty747

We need a little less sentiment and a bit more business savvy thinking now. We def need more bodies before the close of the window and I think it might be time to have a conversation with Hibbo, Ossie, Peanuts and Aiden and offer them a way out in January. First three are now too old and Aiden has had chance after chance but just isn't ever going to be good enough I'm afraid to say. Get them off the wage bill and it should cover Yarmolenko's salary plus an increase for Stones.

We need a little less sentiment and a bit more business savvy thinking now. We def need more bodies before the close of the window and I think it might be time to have a conversation with Hibbo, Ossie, Peanuts and Aiden and offer them a way out in January. First three are now too old and Aiden has had chance after chance but just isn't ever going to be good enough I'm afraid to say. Get them off the wage bill and it should cover Yarmolenko's salary plus an increase for Stones.

disagree with Ossie, a good impact player from the bench. At least for 1 more season. Hibbo needs a coaching contract, should be kept around. The other 2, as good as Pienaar was and the potential of AG, cost too much. Throw in Gibson and you've got 140k a week (7m a year) off the wage bill - for a "double your money" contract for Stones (30k extra) 80k for AY (if we get him) and 30-40k for the new CB, whoever that may be.

Guest rusty747

disagree with Ossie, a good impact player from the bench. At least for 1 more season. Hibbo needs a coaching contract, should be kept around. The other 2, as good as Pienaar was and the potential of AG, cost too much. Throw in Gibson and you've got 140k a week (7m a year) off the wage bill - for a "double your money" contract for Stones (30k extra) 80k for AY (if we get him) and 30-40k for the new CB, whoever that may be.

Works for me. If Hibbo would accept a coaching job rather than extend his playing days by moving on and Ossie accepts the occasional game coming on from the bench.

Works for me. If Hibbo would accept a coaching job rather than extend his playing days by moving on and Ossie accepts the occasional game coming on from the bench.

between them, they cost 70k a week, so next seasons big signings wages. Think Ossie already accepts it to be honest, no way is he getting ahead of TC now.

Pleased. Really pleased with this short but sweet statement.

I guess the TV money coming in also means that clubs don't have to give in to the usual clubs. Which is great for football.

Now we just need Stones to get his head down and work hard. But we have to be honest, if we don't do brilliantly this year, we have to accept that these sort of players will want to go. There's only so many times you can sell 'the future' in the present.

This season is going to be massive.

Guest rusty747

Pleased. Really pleased with this short but sweet statement.

I guess the TV money coming in also means that clubs don't have to give in to the usual clubs. Which is great for football.

Now we just need Stones to get his head down and work hard. But we have to be honest, if we don't do brilliantly this year, we have to accept that these sort of players will want to go. There's only so many times you can sell 'the future' in the present.

This season is going to be massive.

Totally agree. That's why, imho, we need a marquee signing. Yarmolenko would be perfect. It makes a statement that we are looking forwards and not over our shoulder and will give belief and encouragement to the wealth of young talent that continues to be produced and nurtured at Finch Farm

Totally agree. That's why, imho, we need a marquee signing. Yarmolenko would be perfect. It makes a statement that we are looking forwards and not over our shoulder and will give belief and encouragement to the wealth of young talent that continues to be produced and nurtured at Finch Farm

There's gonna have to be some activity over the coming days. We are still owed those 3 players...5 days to go!

Fasten your seat belts.