IGNORED

Michael Keane

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

If we stay up then it is in spite of a shite defence. That is 100% fact.

for us to stay up we are looking at other teams around us and their fixture lists in the knowledge that we can not with any confidence whatsoever look at getting points away from home.

id say that’s fair would you? 

It’s right to say we don’t look like getting points away but it’s wrong to name all the defence as being shite they weren’t shite against city they got lucky things can change with a bit of luck. 

3 hours ago, patto said:

It’s right to say we don’t look like getting points away but it’s wrong to name all the defence as being shite they weren’t shite against city they got lucky things can change with a bit of luck. 

The defence are shite mate. There is no getting away from it, yes for large parts of the game against Man City we were resilient…… the players generally need the fans on them at all times to keep on it.  Keane wasn’t unlucky, he was poor.   

look at the goals we have conceded, look at performances against the likes of Watford…. That is not a good defence at all. 

Single handedly cost us points in the last two games. An argument that the defeats lie solely at the hands of this man. 

Whilst he should be one of the better defenders, it’s quite clear he suffers from brain farts. Therefore he’s just not good enough. 

10 hours ago, Hafnia said:

What’s all this “Keane was covering Holgate” nonsense then?

can we not just accept that we have two of the worst centre halves in the league and not try and offer excuses up for the one considered less completely shit than the other.

the whole “unfortunate weight on wrong foot” bollocks with the Man City goal was baffling.  If it was an out of shape 35 year old bloke playing in the zingari league you could accept it…. Not a bloody professional. 

its like some “I know the art of defending and will prove so be making obscure observations “ workshop. 

coleman shite, Keane shite, Holgate shite, kenny not good enough but he’s having a go in the wrong position. 

the players can’t defend because they  can’t concentrate and because they are also lazy. 

I’ll have to read back then, I didn’t notice anyone saying Keane was covering Holgate. Just that they were both shite. Must have missed it. I’ll take a look. 

15 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Single handedly cost us points in the last two games. An argument that the defeats lie solely at the hands of this man. 

Whilst he should be one of the better defenders, it’s quite clear he suffers from brain farts. Therefore he’s just not good enough. 

I’m not sure which of our defenders this post is about. But I’m thinking it could be any of them and I’d probably agree. 

10 hours ago, MC11 said:

If you think he has brain farts you should look alongside of him for that.

12 hours ago, Hafnia said:

The defence are shite mate. There is no getting away from it, yes for large parts of the game against Man City we were resilient…… the players generally need the fans on them at all times to keep on it.  Keane wasn’t unlucky, he was poor.   

look at the goals we have conceded, look at performances against the likes of Watford…. That is not a good defence at all. 

I never said it was a good defence I said it's wrong to name and shame all the defence stuff like this gets back to the team and doesn't help whatsoever.

In the last 4 years I've seen Keane have better games than any of his co defenders other than the likes of Baines people are just obsessed with blaming him for all our woes.

1 hour ago, patto said:

I never said it was a good defence I said it's wrong to name and shame all the defence stuff like this gets back to the team and doesn't help whatsoever.

In the last 4 years I've seen Keane have better games than any of his co defenders other than the likes of Baines people are just obsessed with blaming him for all our woes.

Stuff like this gets back to the team?  Are you seriously telling me that their lack of self awareness is that bad that they believe they are good at what they do?

I think when ex pros are quoted on tv as saying our defence is championship standard - I don’t think Michael Keane will be going in to finch farm saying “someone called hafnia reckons I was at fault for a couple of goals and our back line is shit…… I thought I was doing ok”

1 hour ago, patto said:

If you think he has brain farts you should look alongside of him for that.

Patto…. What is this reluctance to hold Keane accountable for piss poor mistakes?   Do you think people are saying Holgate is great? He’s fuckin shite, Coleman looks like a retired footballer playing in a charity match. 
 Let’s hope they hold firm today. I think Keane will be dropped.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm sure he'll put in a less impressive performance soon, because he is who he is, but he really does deserve a lot credit for last nights showing.

Showed last night why he is our best defender. Just need that level from him on a more regular basis. At least for the next few months. 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

The scary thing is he probably is our best fit defender. Not a patch on Mina but he’s never fit

Not comparable, Keane plays even when injured. Mina barely plays. In no situation is Mina the better defender because he is never on the pitch to defend. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not comparable, Keane plays even when injured. Mina barely plays. In no situation is Mina the better defender because he is never on the pitch to defend. 

Played when injured? When?  Not sure players can play when injured Matt, physically they are monitored and if scans reveal and injury they aren’t played till ok to play

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Played when injured? When?  Not sure players can play when injured Matt, physically they are monitored and if scans reveal and injury they aren’t played till ok to play

Pretty sure Keane was documented as having played with a fracture but this was the first one I found:

https://m.allfootballapp.com/news/EPL/Michael-Keane-played-on-but-couldve-lost-his-foot-after-injury/854806

He also apparently fractured his skull at Burnley (although he didnt play for a bit after that) and has had a mental breakdown whilst at Everton. But he still gets on the pitch. 

Mina, on the other hand, injures himself and disappears for months. There's just no comparison. 

Just now, Matt said:

He also apparently fractured his skull at Burnley (although he didnt play for a bit after that) and has had a mental breakdown whilst at Everton. But he still gets on the pitch. 

Mina, on the other hand, injures himself and disappears for months until its time to play for Colombia. There's just no comparison. 

Corrected it for you 😆

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

Pretty sure Keane was documented as having played with a fracture but this was the first one I found:

https://m.allfootballapp.com/news/EPL/Michael-Keane-played-on-but-couldve-lost-his-foot-after-injury/854806

Yes I recall that now.  I just don’t trust him as a defender, I don’t with Mina but he is the best at one on one and on the deck. 

reslity is we need a new defence 

Just now, Hafnia said:

Yes I recall that now.  I just don’t trust him as a defender, I don’t with Mina but he is the best at one on one and on the deck. 

reslity is we need a new defence 

We do need a new defence, but even a low confidence Keane is more predictable than Mina. Even if that means he's being shit, players will know he needs extra support. Mina... who fucking knows what he's going to so next

I can’t get my head around the notion that Keane is a better defender than Mina because Yerry is always injured 

How does Mina’s injury recorded even come into the equation?

Fair enough if you say Keane is more reliable or he is of more use to us but just don’t get how it some how makes him better

Great performance from him last night though

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I can’t get my head around the notion that Keane is a better defender than Mina because Yerry is always injured 

How does Mina’s injury recorded even come into the equation?

Fair enough if you say Keane is more reliable or he is of more use to us but just don’t get how it some how makes him better

Great performance from him last night though

I actually just think he’s better than him anyway. The more games Mina misses the better his reputation. But when he has managed to be fit he’s hardly pulled up many trees anyway. He was quite a loose cannon for probably his first 18 months, and gave away lots of needless fouls with those dangling legs. Granted he’s improved on that since. But still not better than Keane for me.
His extrovert personality, and Keanes introvert, plays a big part in both of their reputations for me too. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I actually just think he’s better than him anyway. The more games Mina misses the better his reputation. But when he has managed to be fit he’s hardly pulled up many trees anyway. He was quite a loose cannon for probably his first 18 months, and gave away lots of needless fouls with those dangling legs. Granted he’s improved on that since. But still not better than Keane for me.
His extrovert personality, and Keanes introvert, plays a big part in both of their reputations for me too. 

Each to their own and all that but personally , IMHO whilst he is far from perfect,Mina is on a different stratosphere to Keane 

Michael Keane to me is a confidence player who on his day is great at defending balls pumped into the box but he always looks like he has 10’ studs in his boots, as soon as he has implanted his feet on the ground there’s is no moving them 

6 hours ago, StevO said:

Agree 100%
Don't understand this Mina thing. Whenever he plays he seems to be a liability…. But because it’s not often people forget about his regular brain farts. 
And I say again….. why isn’t he dominant in the air?

I remember someone putting up he won 9 Ariel challenged in a game. I watched that game and those 9 were against Danny Ings, who wasn’t even challenging. Put him against anyone taller than one of the borrowers and he struggles!

But I do love his larger than life smile though.