IGNORED

Tom Davies

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

his form is just not there this year.  runs around a lot and throws nasty tackles but he just isn'ttt the link between defense and attack that we need.  still young so i'm not writing him off, but i think he could use another rest on the bench and give mccarthy or besic a chance.

I am biased but I really think he can be a top top player for us.

Second season is always harder and he's been in and out of a side that gas either played poorly or bypassed the midfield. I agree he has not played well, but no midfielder has. He needs a run in the team where we actually pass the ball. If you look atbthe motm  thread he is 3rd so not playing that badly compared to the rest.

50 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Which midfielders have? 

Ah that old chestnut.

In his position, at the moment, I would say that Rooney and Gana are better options. Schneiderlin is getting back to his best, or at least 'better'. These 3 are being more effective within their roles.

I'd put them 3 as a good solid central midfield offering different skill sets.

The problem with Davies is he isn'tt standing out for anything particular at the moment. Maybe effort? Determination?

I dunno, just don't seem to notice him at the moment. Unlike last season, you knew he was there. Now, he appears on screen and I remember he's playing!

He's a young lad though. Plenty of time to keep learning and improving. Let's not be too butt hurt if he isn'tt quite what we need right now. He seems to have the right attitude so should come good. As with all young lads, its up to him how far he goes or good he gets.

10 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

And here we go again- certain sections of our support putting huge expectations on him- he’s world class etc etc and once the penny drops that he’s nowhere near that and never will be he gets slaughtered.

i fucking hate our fans sometimes.

Just now, Paddock said:

And here we go again- certain sections of our support putting huge expectations on him- he’s world class etc etc and once the penny drops that he’s nowhere near that and never will be he gets slaughtered.

i fucking hate our fans sometimes.

He's not even average at the minute, Pad, his form is terrible and is offering us nothing.

He was nowhere yesterday, and wasn't much better in the previous game - hence him getting yanked at half-time.

If we could find a way to get him out of the firing line for a long period it'd be good for us and him.

On 12/27/2017 at 09:51, Romey 1878 said:

He's not even average at the minute, Pad, his form is terrible and is offering us nothing.

He was nowhere yesterday, and wasn't much better in the previous game - hence him getting yanked at half-time.

If we could find a way to get him out of the firing line for a long period it'd be good for us and him.

His form is the same as the rest of our midfielders - patchy.

Lets not forget he is only 19 and playing in his second season, in a side that has had 3 managers this year, and he has been in and out of the side. Our current manager is very defensively minded and our midfield is not playing the pass and move football that we, and he are used to. So yes his form is going to be patchy.

You have to make allowances for young players, in order for them to develop, you also have to play football and not the crock of shit that is Fat Sam's raison d'être.

If we carry on critising players for making mistakes, or bad decisions we'll end up with young players too scared to make a decision, then being slaughtered  by the fans for it. Sound familiar ...........

I’m not too worried about him. He’s having a bit of a down turn of form currently, but it’s the exactly the sort of thing you’d expect from someone of his age.

Earlier in the season when he was struggling to get a look in, he was one of the few players that was able to provide a bit of creativity when actually given a chance. He tries to bring some energy when on the pitch and he’s got an eye for a through ball when in form. Just needs to build his engine so he can last for me than 60 mins and put a bit more muscle on him. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Look at what site it’s on. I wouldn’t worry if I was you. 

I know, but there’s several sources that I saw. 

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Load of rubbish, we have spent allot of time and money on our youth teams who have figured so prominently in England's successful youth teams. No way he gets sold. Loan maybe but not sold, there would be loads of anger if we started selling off Everton academy players if they can play a part in our future.

Like Barkley?