IGNORED

Tom Davies

On 22/06/2023 at 19:30, Bailey said:

I dunno, I would say he let us down quite a lot!

I hope he goes to a decent club though, think he will do well in the Championship level or in Scotland maybe.

Don’t think he let us down, just don’t think he is good enough for the level. 
But for me, he kept his mouth shut, worked hard for EITC, and did what he could when he got on the pitch.

Plenty of players I would criticise before him for effort and application. You can only do what your talent allows you. 

I mean Bailey you’re a great guy, but you are useless when it comes to football knowledge…. Yet you try your best!

Haha you know I’m only  joking mate. Wouldn’t do it if I didn’t think you had a sense of humour. 

13 hours ago, Shukes said:

Don’t think he let us down, just don’t think he is good enough for the level. 
But for me, he kept his mouth shut, worked hard for EITC, and did what he could when he got on the pitch.

Plenty of players I would criticise before him for effort and application. You can only do what your talent allows you. 

I mean Bailey you’re a great guy, but you are useless when it comes to football knowledge…. Yet you try your best!

Haha you know I’m only  joking mate. Wouldn’t do it if I didn’t think you had a sense of humour. 

Bastard! :shakingfist:

I actually agree with that, well the first couple of paragraphs anyway! 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

So good he can't even find a club to take him for nothing :lol:.

I would not be surprised in the least if we ended up offering him a new contract. Then again, we've been known to allow others to train before finding new clubs. 

4 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I would not be surprised in the least if we ended up offering him a new contract. Then again, we've been known to allow others to train before finding new clubs. 

Well we already did and he turned it down. It'd be him acknowledging that he's shite and won't be a footballer unless he accepts our offer.

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Ability too low should be the bigger problem for him.

Ha. True.

Clearly his wage demands are above his ability. He's aiming too high. Most likely getting shit advice.

After all, if he went to non league and said 'Pay me £100 a week', his ability wouldn't be in question. There'd be a fuck tonne of clubs after him.

There seems to be a misalignment between how he sees himself (or his advisors!) and how clubs see him.

No pro player who's played in the Premiership for several years at his age should be without a club, at some level, for too long.

On 20/07/2023 at 17:21, Sibdane said:

Yes entitled to train at FF as he was academy player part of the rules.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Nice assist for him there.

Shame it was for the opposition.

I watched the final 30 minutes of that game, and Tom Davies was simply terrible. I was reminded of my kids playing in the U-10s, what we'd call "magnetic ball", where players drift around in the vague vicinity of the ball. Davies was almost always in view of the camera but usually about ten yards from the ball and nowhere near anyone else. He'd raise his hand calling for the ball, even when in a poor position, and his teammates rarely passed to him. He simply watched as Newcastle scored their sixth goal , doing absolutely nothing as Almiron raced right past him. And, as you point out, his tame header was nothing more than an assist to the opposition for the final goal. OK, he did make a couple of good passes late in the game but was too often in poor positions. I felt rather sorry for him but so relieved he's no longer at Everton.