IGNORED

Tom Davies

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Supposedly will be a Norwich player next season.

It's happening years and years after when it should have but at least it may be happening.

I might have a party.

Was down in Norwich last month, I can see him enjoying life down there. Good luck to him.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We’ve stupidly offered him a new deal.

If he wants to actually have a career of playing games he should reject it. If not, it says a lot about him and nothing good imo.

London Blue will be happy though :lol:.

Feel like he belongs in the Championship for some midtable side that wants to play on the front foot.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

We’ve stupidly offered him a new deal.

If he wants to actually have a career of playing games he should reject it. If not, it says a lot about him and nothing good imo.

London Blue will be happy though :lol:.

I think he will reject it, he needs to be playing regular first team football at this stage of his career, he said so himself in his last interview a while back, so I just can’t see him signing it

Has Issac Price moved on or not yet?

I feel keeping hold of Davies for a season or two to long holds back other potential youngsters - who are not going to be first team regulars but could come of the bench or fill in during a injury crisis.

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Has Issac Price moved on or not yet?

I feel keeping hold of Davies for a season or two to long holds back other potential youngsters - who are not going to be first team regulars but could come of the bench or fill in during a injury crisis.

The youngsters being stuck here on the bench rather than being out on loan playing every week surely holds them back more. Look at Simms as a prime example - playing every week and scoring goals at Sunderland then back here for the odd cameo. Get players a proper loan like Branthwaite and Cannon (and Simms) then make that decision pre-season - will they get significant minutes here or do they need to play every week elsewhere? So, in my opinion, Davies being a bit part player is better than having someone like Warrington getting 5 minutes here and there - if we rate the youngsters but don’t think there’ll be enough opportunities then get them on a proper loan!

14 minutes ago, Aidan said:

There must be someone on a free on similar wages we can replace him with. He's one of those nothing players that doesn't excel in any particular area, and has a few average attributes. Disappointed if he does sign a new deal. Need to move on for the sake of his own career too.

That's my problem with him: he doesn't really add anything. You don't bring him off the bench to change a game, and more often than not the person he's replacing should just stay on the field, because they're more effective. If he stays then the only situation I'd want to see him in are matches where we've already won and we just need a sub so another player can rest. It's hard to justify having a sub like that on the bench (although we do have a habit of putting two keepers on the bench which is even more baffling). 

He's not even a terrible footballer, but I don't see what he brings to the pitch.