IGNORED

Tom Davies

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

I don’t believe he’s a player low on confidence far from it, he has vehemently believed in his ability and that he should be in the 1st team, twice in the last couple of years he has refused any talk of being sold or going out on loan, because his own self believe in his own ability is that strong, what evidence do you have that leads you to believing he is low in confidence. He may not be good enough but he definitely doesn’t lack confidence.  

Tbf there is a large part of me that is hoping it was a lack confidence because I still want him to succeed 

Only the player himself will know the truth as it’s not something that can be proven either way

My opinion is that he bottled it but it’s just that, an opinion, maybe it was just a complete lack of awareness about what was going on around him but for me the latter is more alarming and would mean he is indeed just not good enough

• 2 weeks later...

If Doucoure is now set for a prolonged period on the sidelines and Gomes and Delph also injured this looks like opening up a decent chance for Davies to get a run of games to show what he is all about . Whilst not exactly the last chance saloon for him I do think he needs to take this chance

21 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

If Doucoure is now set for a prolonged period on the sidelines and Gomes and Delph also injured this looks like opening up a decent chance for Davies to get a run of games to show what he is all about . Whilst not exactly the last chance saloon for him I do think he needs to take this chance

Do you not think we know what he is all about by now?

I had hoped the early goal would have settled him down and given him confidence but he was horrific 

There was a point in second half were Allan was breaking with the ball just outside theirarea and he was stood still with his hands on his hips two yards behind just watching him

Woeful mistake to give the corner away for the equaliser that lead to the capitulation

5 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I had hoped the early goal would have settled him down and given him confidence but he was horrific 

There was a point in second half were Allan was breaking with the ball just outside theirarea and he was stood still with his hands on his hips two yards behind just watching him

Woeful mistake to give the corner away for the equaliser that lead to the capitulation

He’s way way out of his depth. 

8 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

You are right in that you can’t blame him alone but he was most definitely the worst of a very bad bunch. We were shite and then he took shite to a whole new level

He wasn't worst. For one, he actually scored. He also did a fuck load more than Rondon, Iwobi, Godfrey and Digne (wtf happened to Digne by the way?!)

50/50, average. Nothing more or less for me. 

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

He wasn't worst. For one, he actually scored. He also did a fuck load more than Rondon, Iwobi, Godfrey and Digne (wtf happened to Digne by the way?!)

50/50, average. Nothing more or less for me. 

Rondon was totally ineffective ,Iwobi was only on the pitch 13 minutes and was equally ineffective ,Godfrey I’ve already said was shite in another thread. Digne was poor as were the entire team and yes Davies did score but then was at fault for 4 of their goals 🤷🏻‍♂️
Like I said he was worst of a very bad bunch IMO

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

You are right in that you can’t blame him alone but he was most definitely the worst of a very bad bunch. We were shite and then he took shite to a whole new level

Nope. Not the worst at all for me. Yeah, he wasn’t pulling up trees. But Rondon, Iwobi, Godfrey and Digne were all worse than him for me. 
Coming in to replace Doucoure was never going to be easy, but he wasn’t even close to being the worst, and I still think he was very poor. 

I’ll have to watch the goals back, but I don’t think he’s the only one at fault for four of them for him to take the brunt of the blame for them. 

We can’t carry on giving him a contract because he’s an academy player and he has long blonde hair. 

It must be the same people who offered Jose Baxter a 12 month contract after he was released by Sheff Utd. That season he hardly played for the 23s through injury and  Unsworth offered him another 12 month contract. It was Jose’s own dignity that rejected it. He knew himself he wasn’t worth it. Tom should do the same. Watch Jose’s latest podcast on YouTube - I kid you not Kenwright and Unsworth were throwing out contracts for fun. 

10 hours ago, StevO said:

Nope. Not the worst at all for me. Yeah, he wasn’t pulling up trees. But Rondon, Iwobi, Godfrey and Digne were all worse than him for me. 
Coming in to replace Doucoure was never going to be easy, but he wasn’t even close to being the worst, and I still think he was very poor. 

I’ll have to watch the goals back, but I don’t think he’s the only one at fault for four of them for him to take the brunt of the blame for them. 

This is our CM in the build up to their 4th, inexcusable

12 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

This is our CM in the build up to their 4th, inexcusable

From my seat (upper gwladys) it looked like he tried to clip the ball over Sissoko’s legs, I don’t think any different after looking at that video. 

You might be right about him being responsible for three other goals, I still disagree, but I won’t be going back to watch more of that game again. It was bad enough seeing it once. 😂

9 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Jumped out of it.  

I was replying to the quote in the tweet. It would've been stupid to take the ball and man whilst on a yellow card, the ref was aching to penalise us for anything. 

Still, he should've done better. But there's 4 other players whose threads should be lighting up instead of this one. 

Just now, Matt said:

I was replying to the quote in the tweet. It would've been stupid to take the ball and man whilst on a yellow card, the ref was aching to penalise us for anything. 

Still, he should've done better. But there's 4 other players whose threads should be lighting up instead of this one. 

It certainly seems to be the case that Davies and Rafa are carrying the can 

For me there is a collective cowardice among the players.  It's the pretend leaders that bother me,. Coleman, Keane.......  Fraudulent. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

It certainly seems to be the case that Davies and Rafa are carrying the can 

For me there is a collective cowardice among the players.  It's the pretend leaders that bother me,. Coleman, Keane.......  Fraudulent. 

How is Coleman a “pretend” leader? He may not be the player he is anymore, but he is by no means a fraud. I really don’t get this comment. 

18 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

How is Coleman a “pretend” leader? He may not be the player he is anymore, but he is by no means a fraud. I really don’t get this comment. 

A pretend leader.....

You know. The one who stands there doing nothing when players are having a spat over taking a free kick or penalty - 2 occasions this has happened and he's not took responsibility. 

The type of leader who doesn't get in refs faces or the players faces but will cup his ears to the fans.

Tye type of leader that spouts the same old tired shit after every shite performance where he makes it sound like he takes responsibility but doesn't. 

For the record yesterday he went to the paddock giving it the big one after Richarlison scored as though to tell them they were wrong to boo Gordon getting subbed.  I didn't see him go over to them at the final whistle. 

14 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

A pretend leader.....

You know. The one who stands there doing nothing when players are having a spat over taking a free kick or penalty - 2 occasions this has happened and he's not took responsibility. 

The type of leader who doesn't get in refs faces or the players faces but will cup his ears to the fans.

Tye type of leader that spouts the same old tired shit after every shite performance where he makes it sound like he takes responsibility but doesn't. 

For the record yesterday he went to the paddock giving it the big one after Richarlison scored as though to tell them they were wrong to boo Gordon getting subbed.  I didn't see him go over to them at the final whistle. 

Still disagree.