IGNORED

Tom Davies

1 hour ago, RPG said:

I'd call it a no score draw if comparing his dress sense with that of DCL.

More importantly, thiis is going to be a very important season for Tom. He is back from injury, fully fit and has the opportunity to impress his new manager. I hope he takes it but I am yet to be convinced.

Not dressed that that he wont 😂

• 2 months later...

Quite sad really that no one has given Tom any credit for one of the better performances of the game his stats were as good as any ones in the midfield he was the catalyst in the first half for pressing getting us forward and recycling the ball although pass accuracy good have been a lot better he made a good amount of completed forward passes and successful in the final third of the pitch, tired early in the second half after putting huge amount effort in getting the team further up the pitch and going toe to toe with the shite. 

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Quite sad really that no one has given Tom any credit for one of the better performances of the game his stats were as good as any ones in the midfield he was the catalyst in the first half for pressing getting us forward and recycling the ball although pass accuracy good have been a lot better he made a good amount of completed forward passes and successful in the final third of the pitch, tired early in the second half after putting huge amount effort in getting the team further up the pitch and going toe to toe with the shite. 

He played really well yesterday. Mostly kept it simple, which is what he needs to do, and did well shutting them down when they attacked.

Yeah, they had spells when they had us pinned back and we couldn't get hold of the ball but you're always going to have times like that against a very good side. We saw those periods out and Davies was a big part of that.

He wouldn't be in my starting 11 ever once everyone's up to speed but he's done well, and looks like he can be of use in the way Lampard wants to play.

4 minutes ago, Btay said:

He had a good game yes, shame he didn’t finish his chance. Likeable lad and good squad player.

I think he’s Gana be on the bench for arsenal though.

If we go with a more defensive midfield he will most definitely will, I hope the manager rewards the players that started against the shite if fitness allows and try to take the game to them. 

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If we go with a more defensive midfield he will most definitely will, I hope the manager rewards the players that started against the shite if fitness allows and try to take the game to them. 

Whichever way Frank goes I’ll have no qualms. I have no issue seeing Tom’s name on the team sheet and I really hope this is the season he finds himself again. Always liked him.

He was great! It was easily the best I have seen him for a very long time. I don't think it is any surprise that it came with him being allowed that freedom to get a bit further forward and roam a bit more in possession. He also had more defensive cover too which allowed him to nip in and be a real nuisance. It was a throw back to the days he was first introduced to the side.

I do think he drifted out of it as the game went on and he was subbed at the right time.

We have to have squad players and think Davies can be just that for us. 

I think having these more mobile player in the team with him will actually help him play to his strengths when he does have to come in to plug a gap.

5 subs these days does mean squad player can actually get a bit more game time than they have done in the past.

7 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I thought he put in a great performance but the difference when Gana came on was clear and obvious

Would be good to keep him around if he doesn’t mind being a bit part player but suspect he needs/ wants more than that

Largely agree with that, but don't think he'll want more, especially if tides are changing. 

• 2 months later...