IGNORED

Tom Davies

6 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think he will reject it, he needs to be playing regular first team football at this stage of his career, he said so himself in his last interview a while back, so I just can’t see him signing it

🤞

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

The youngsters being stuck here on the bench rather than being out on loan playing every week surely holds them back more. Look at Simms as a prime example - playing every week and scoring goals at Sunderland then back here for the odd cameo. Get players a proper loan like Branthwaite and Cannon (and Simms) then make that decision pre-season - will they get significant minutes here or do they need to play every week elsewhere? So, in my opinion, Davies being a bit part player is better than having someone like Warrington getting 5 minutes here and there - if we rate the youngsters but don’t think there’ll be enough opportunities then get them on a proper loan!

If we do keep Davies, I think this will be the club's thinking. He is cheap cover and he gives the young lads on loan a chance to grow away from the shitstorm that is the Everton first team.

I definitely think it would be a bad idea for Davies though. He needs to go and play week-in, week-out at the right level.

He’s not on big wages and I guess doesn’t rock the boat as a squad player. 
Id think this offer will be cheaper than looking for another back up midfielder to replace him, as we won’t be buying one better than Gana, Onana or Doucoure as that’s just too much money for us. 
No real issue with it at all. 

One of our (many) problems is that there's a huge drop off from the first 11 to anyone else and having Tom Davies as a squad player epitomises that.

He's not a good footballer, he's not good at anything! Doesn't score, doesn't assist, doesn't tackle, slow, can't head the ball, can't shoot, poor positional awareness, rash, immobile, weak.

Awful footballer who is now, more than likely, going to get a pay rise for contributing fuck all during his previous contract. Dead money.

Thanks, I thought Price had just gone, but wasn't 100%. 

I agree it's good for young players to go out on loans to get proper experience, but it's not great seeing the likes of Price leaving. 

To me it seems we have had far to many expensive players on the bench and in the squad over the past few year. Half a season out on loan and half as part of the Everton senior squad would be ideal for the brightest talent. 

Obviously, it depends on the quality and physicallity of the player, but would the likes of Price have walked if he found himself having Davies role this season.

What I admire about him is that he has always said he wants to stay and fight for his place, that comes from genuine respect and passion for the club, some may disagree and believe his actions lack ambition, not me he’s living the dream playing for the club he’s supported all his life, there can’t be a much better feeling from his perspective, even though the chances of him breaking into the team on a regular basis are very slim. 

5 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Thanks, I thought Price had just gone, but wasn't 100%. 

I agree it's good for young players to go out on loans to get proper experience, but it's not great seeing the likes of Price leaving. 

To me it seems we have had far to many expensive players on the bench and in the squad over the past few year. Half a season out on loan and half as part of the Everton senior squad would be ideal for the brightest talent. 

Obviously, it depends on the quality and physicallity of the player, but would the likes of Price have walked if he found himself having Davies role this season.

Price was leaving regardless of what Tom Davies was doing the lad believes in his own ability and wants to play at a higher level than the 21s 

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

One of our (many) problems is that there's a huge drop off from the first 11 to anyone else and having Tom Davies as a squad player epitomises that.

He's not a good footballer, he's not good at anything! Doesn't score, doesn't assist, doesn't tackle, slow, can't head the ball, can't shoot, poor positional awareness, rash, immobile, weak.

Awful footballer who is now, more than likely, going to get a pay rise for contributing fuck all during his previous contract. Dead money.

I think you may be a little harsh on Tom, just a tad mind 😂

14 hours ago, London Blue said:

I think you may be a little harsh on Tom, just a tad mind 😂

So he scores, assists, tackles, is quick, a great header of the ball, shoots well, knows where he is on the pitch in relation to the opposition at all times, isn't rash, is mobile, is strong and doesn't represent a huge drop off from a starting player if he ever gets a rare chance to step on to the pitch?

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

So he scores, assists, tackles, is quick, a great header of the ball, shoots well, knows where he is on the pitch in relation to the opposition at all times, isn't rash, is mobile, is strong and doesn't represent a huge drop off from a starting player if he ever gets a rare chance to step on to the pitch?

He is not an attacker, so no, he does not score or assist much. He is not quick, he is average speed, he can head the ball well, and I would argue his positioning and passing choices are good, he is not rash, but does take yellow cards for the team when he has to.

Is he as good as Doucoure, Gay, no, but he can come in and do a job in a good midfield if he has players that don't leave his weaknesses exposed.

23 hours ago, patto said:

Price was leaving regardless of what Tom Davies was doing the lad believes in his own ability and wants to play at a higher level than the 21s 

I think you have missed my point. Last season we had Davies on the bench, maybe if it had been Price in that position then 1) we and the club will have seen what he was like in the Premier league and 2) it will have shown him (and other youngsters) that there is a potential route in to the squad and he may have stayed.

Just a thought, now we lose two players.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Best of luck Tom. Never let us down, always there when called upon. 
But it’s a good decision as you deserve a chance to find first team football.

Hope you smash it wherever you go.

I dunno, I would say he let us down quite a lot!

I hope he goes to a decent club though, think he will do well in the Championship level or in Scotland maybe.