IGNORED

Arsenal (Away)

markjazzbassist

Barry only out for 1 because it was 2 yellows and not a straight red, right? Still, will be looking forward to see what RM does with no Barry and no Besic to cover.

Yes, I think you're right about that. Norwich City on Tuesday night. McCarthy needs a rest, but I guess not, as maybe only Gibson can play some. Maybe Roberto will be forced to,play Cleverley at DCM.

He should have scored. It wouldn't have taken more than a decent shot.

He should have scored but it wasn't a free header. Climbing on Gabriel there I think.

Don't know why we look dangerous until we concede. Arsenal have been bigged up bug they aren't that good. If teams went for them they will get beat because their back five or six aren't great. We've had a tough first ten games but West Ham have had it worse and look at them. Swansea,Spurs,Liverpool,United, arsenal. Points are there for the taking. Not aggressive enough going forward and we need a striker with pace

Arsenal are not only a good team, they're arguably alongside Man City as title contenders already. Their organization, quality of pressure and quality of passing are all absolutely ridiculous. Gabriel is a very good defender as he showed today and Mertesacker/Kolscieny are MAYBE a step below Jags without the consistent mistakes.

He should have scored but it wasn't a free header. Climbing on Gabriel there I think.

Arsenal are not only a good team, they're arguably alongside Man City as title contenders already. Their organization, quality of pressure and quality of passing are all absolutely ridiculous. Gabriel is a very good defender as he showed today and Mertesacker/Kolscieny are MAYBE a step below Jags without the consistent mistakes.

I agree they are good going forward but they are a million miles away from winning the prem on that performance

Arsenal hit the post twice and could have easily scored 3 or 4 more.They look like real deal to me because they can put this level of performance after a tiring mid-week match.

What pisses me off is that they were there for the taking today.They looked tired from BM match and we failed to capitalized on ,they passed around easily,we didnt press quickly enough. McCarthy ,Barry chasing shadows..

no I know nothing. I played acadamy football at a premier league team but got released at 16. You? Please explain to me this if Howard would have come off his goaline like he should have and caught or punched the ball would it still have been a free header then?

The fact that you missed the defending and o ly concentrated on the keeper is what does it.

You played academy football and didn't make it? So you weren't good enough eh!

Never mind. Get over yourself lad.

Why would Galloway play ahead of Stones?

He's saying as our backup CB since jags would be out. Makes sense.

I said 11th again and I see it happening. No offense. Barry and McCarthy are the bottleneck that prevents and restricts our attacks. Need to get rid of one and have Gibson or cleverley or change formation and utilize someone to do all the creation and ball movement.

Haven't read any previous comments so I don't know who has said what.

Howard needs to be dropped IMO .

Fucking woeful for both goals on the 6 yard line.

I play centre half and if my keeper can't control/ dominate his area let alone 6 yard box I give him a fucking mouthful.

By far not our worst performance but still pissed off as we have so much more to offer.

He's saying as our backup CB since jags would be out. Makes sense.

I said 11th again and I see it happening. No offense. Barry and McCarthy are the bottleneck that prevents and restricts our attacks. Need to get rid of one and have Gibson or cleverley or change formation and utilize someone to do all the creation and ball movement.

To be fair MC has been saying this for months. And this could be the next step we need to take.

We lost possession five times trying to play out from the back. Two of them nearly conceded goals. Howard passed the ball to Jakielka once when he had an Arsenal player just a few yards away. Panic stations. Arsenal had done their homework, they knew to press us at the back and had analysed Howard's weaknesses.

I thought that. Cross on the edge of 6 yard box.

If a manager thought he was a steam roller there is no way he would do that. Prime opportunity for keeper to nail his striker.

I could not be happier with our second half performance. If we'd played that way from the off we'd have taken something from the game no bother.

We've got to find consistency and put full games together. We do that and we'll do well this season.

Totally agree with this. Why can't we play like its always the last 10 minutes and one goal down? Some great chances blown - should've had at LEAST one more goal. My 4-2 prediction wasn't that far off with a little but of luck on our side. As for Howard - I am pretty much fucking done with him. He is too erratic - wearing a Captains armband? Bloody fuckin hell.

Also, PRACTICE SET PIECES. We SUCK SHIT at those and lose matches because of those. So frustrating.

Aside from Lukaku's missed header, he needs to be fed way more - he can score a shitload of goals if given the chance. Gerri has some good ideas of crosses.lobbign balls in and McCarthy had a brilliant pass into the box too.

Shame really. We should've at least had one point here.

you being serious? If he had come off his fucking goal line for once and command his six yard box they wouldn't be two free headers would they?

Off his line for the second and they would have shot straight from the free kick. Some are loving knocking Tim for nothing. He's made mistakes, granted, but I don't think a defender won header from any corner today!

Off his line for the second and they would have shot straight from the free kick. Some are loving knocking Tim for nothing. He's made mistakes, granted, but I don't think a defender won header from any corner today!

But neither did he come and claim crosses either. It's a two way street. Centre halves need to clear their lines but anything over them is the GK's but he never came an dominated his box today. Howard is a liability I'm afraid. He cost us so many points last year and looks like costing us many points this year. Two words: GET RID!!! Edited by Geth

Let's get this right he looks completely lost of any courage to command his box.

BTW second goal came about because stones played a 1 -2 with mccarthy when mccarthy pointed at him to pass to Jags. Still a poor return pass from mccarthy but stones has to realise that after conceding just play percentages.

PS - I don't believe in this bullshit that the league is going to get easier starting next week. Other teams have great players who score goals and we will still have Howard, so any EFC fans that think we are going to cakewalk 6 wins in a row right now are seriously deluded or huffing paint, or possibly both. Howard is a liability at this point, as is our entire back line at times. We have some extremely talented players back there, but along with the great plays come the stupid fuck-ups, ESPECIALLY from set pieces. It's becoming an easy way to beat EFC. I truly hope I'm wrong.

PS - I don't believe in this bullshit that the league is going to get easier starting next week. Other teams have great players who score goals and we will still have Howard, so any EFC fans that think we are going to cakewalk 6 wins in a row right now are seriously deluded or huffing paint, or possibly both. Howard is a liability at this point, as is our entire back line at times. We have some extremely talented players back there, but along with the great plays come the stupid fuck-ups, ESPECIALLY from set pieces. It's becoming an easy way to beat EFC. I truly hope I'm wrong.

You're wrong.