IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

36 minutes ago, hafnia said:

It's not a criticism of Rom but an example of the double standards.

We bloody know niasse is not Louis Suarez... He is who he is but he certainly can never be pulled up for lack of effort of bottle and when there are several players who can them why is he the whipping boy? Let' sort out the shit houses first.

If you had a team of niasses you would be bottom half of the league and may just escape relegation in a dogs of war kind of fashion.  But if you had a team of schneiderleins you would get relegated no problem... like a Newcastle all supposed finesse and no substance. The odd game where you win but majority just getting turned over cos the other team want it more. 

I don't think he's a whipping boy and I do admire his efforts, but the reality is he's not good enough to be our main striker, but sadly for us he is marginally better than DCL in my opinion, and yes there are other players who don't deserve the right to wear our shirt, but we are focusing on Niasse and the need of the team to have someone upfront who's a natural goal scorer, and saying that the lack of effort from other quarters will not make Niasse a better player, but since he's the best option we have at this moment we do need to get behind him, it's how I feel about Cuco no he's not a recognised LB yet he goes out there works his socks off for the team and constantly gets slaughtered, and the reality is we don't have another option and the guy's doing OK, and that's how I feel about Niasse as well.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

If we sign someone better, then he won’t be good enough for the team.

As it is, he is good enough for us. He is better at the moment than Sandro. He is a better finisher than DCL. He is more mobile than Rooney up top. 

Until we get better, he is our best option for harrying and causing problems up there.

That makes me feel incredibly sad. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

As it is, he is good enough for us. He is better at the moment than Sandro. He is a better finisher than DCL. He is more mobile than Rooney up top. 

Until we get better, he is our best option for harrying and causing problems up there.

Agree he is more mobile that Rooney, but the rest of that statement is pushing it.

42 minutes ago, Shukes said:

That’s how bad our forward line is at the moment though mate.

We need to address it ASAP. Also a creative player to provide chances for any forwards we buy.

That’s exactly why it makes me sad. The trueness of it. When Oumar Niasse is seen as a good option because of who else we have then you know the club has royally fucked up along the way. 

1 minute ago, TallPaul1878 said:

How so? Calvert Lewin is not a prolific striker, Niasse outscores him with less minutes on the pitch.

Sandro is useless, a headless chicken.

Right now I'd argue that Niasse IS our best centre forward and that's a damning indictment of the club that allowed this situation to develop knowing full well that our best striker was always intending to leave.

Having watched many games this season, including last nights if you seriously think that Niasse is a better striker than DCL then your definition of "best" and mine differ wildly. 

Yes Niasse scores his goals more quickly, but DCL has created 4 times as many assists, also a key part of being a good forward, Also DCL will improve as he gets more experience, Niasse will not get any better.

DCL works the opposition defenders, Niasse runs into the channels of our wingers.

Sandro, is not a headless chicken, his runs and finishing are superior to Niasse and proved it in the Italian lrague, what he lacks is physical strength and enough experience in the premier league.

30 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I’m trying to be positive, it’s all I got haha!

Embrace the the fact that Niasse is a hard running, lots of effort but little talent type player. Love the commitment but that's about it.

26 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Having watched many games this season, including last nights if you seriously think that Niasse is a better striker than DCL then your definition of "best" and mine differ wildly. 

Yes Niasse scores his goals more quickly, but DCL has created 4 times as many assists, also a key part of being a good forward, Also DCL will improve as he gets more experience, Niasse will not get any better.

DCL works the opposition defenders, Niasse runs into the channels of our wingers.

Sandro, is not a headless chicken, his runs and finishing are superior to Niasse and proved it in the Italian lrague, what he lacks is physical strength and enough experience in the premier league.

Embrace the the fact that Niasse is a hard running, lots of effort but little talent type player. Love the commitment but that's about it.

You forgot to add the bit about him being shite.

oh and MikoO will be along shortly to scold you that Sandro was from the Spanish not the Italian league :P

23 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Malaga is in Spain.

Have you been watching a different player? Might explain the difference in our opinion.

I maintain that Sandro is garbage.

My bad, yes the Spanish league is where he scored 11 goals, was made part of the Spanish U21 side, obvious signs of a garbage player..... 

He like DCL has potential to improve once he becomes better able to deal with the physical nature of the premier league.

7 minutes ago, Paddock said:

You forgot to add the bit about him being shite.

oh and MikoO will be along shortly to scold you that Sandro was from the Spanish not the Italian league :P

And you forgot to start your second sentence with a capital letter....see you in the headmasters office :P

5 minutes ago, London Blue said:

My bad, yes the Spanish league is where he scored 11 goals, was made part of the Spanish U21 side, obvious signs of a garbage player..... 

He like DCL has potential to improve once he becomes better able to deal with the physical nature of the premier league.

And you forgot to start your second sentence with a capital letter....see you in the headmasters office :P

Lines for you and I then.

Niasse isn'tt up to being the lone striker, he didn't win any aerial challenges last night, DCL wins significantly more, and brings other players into the game better. Neither are enough for us to push for a European place if played on their own, and I see Niasse as an impact sub rather than being in the starting 11.

30 minutes ago, Paddock said:

22 minutes ago, London Blue said:

16 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Lines for you and I then.

Fetch the TT "tickling stick" Rubes and prepare to perform your dutyB).

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

There is no point him being the best option for  harrying and causing problems if there is no one to pick up the pieces.  We have to play two up front.

1 hour ago, johnh said:

There is no point him being the best option for  harrying and causing problems if there is no one to pick up the pieces.  We have to play two up front.

Totally agree. DCL is a far superior player at holding the ball and winning headers. I would play the both of them against the weaker teams and see what they can come up with together.

Obviously I would prefer a better forward, we just don’t have one.

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

Niasse isn'ttt up to being the lone striker, he didn't win any aerial challenges last night, DCL wins significantly more, and brings other players into the game better. Neither are enough for us to push for a European place if played on their own, and I see Niasse as an impact sub rather than being in the starting 11.

Spot on

7 hours ago, hafnia said:

It's not a criticism of Rom but an example of the double standards.

It isn'tt really though because whilst Rom had plenty of useless games like Niasse did yesterday he also showed why he is rated as one of the best goalscorers in the league / world in plenty other games. Thats why we sold him for near £100 mil and we will be lucky to get £10 mil for Niasse.

It's called a balanced opinion not double standards.

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

Spot on

It isn'tttt really though because whilst Rom had plenty of useless games like Niasse did yesterday he also showed why he is rated as one of the best goalscorers in the league / world in plenty other games. Thats why we sold him for near £100 mil and we will be lucky to get £10 mil for Niasse.

It's called a balanced opinion not double standards.

Is he really one of the best goalscorer in the league? Statistically maybe but  can't do it against the best sides with the best defenders.  Flat track bully and my initial judgement a few years back is being proven all the time.  5 goals in 41 games vs top 6..... VARDY 22 goals in 41 games vs top 6.

£90m we got for him.... great business. Even in this inflated market. 

We would get our money back on niasse. No problem. 

8 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Is he really one of the best goalscorer in the league? Statistically maybe but  can't do it against the best sides with the best defenders.  Flat track bully and my initial judgement a few years back is being proven all the time. 

Taking note of that. 

Just now, Quinn31 said:

Taking note of that. 

Yep deffo. Maybe inflationary but we would. Niasse is a tryer... will score goals out of menace and some flashes of inspiration. 

Very average to poorish player technically but has a brilliant attitude that covers up his shortfalls to an extent. 

5 hours ago, hafnia said:

Is he really one of the best goalscorer in the league? Statistically maybe but  can't do it against the best sides with the best defenders.  Flat track bully and my initial judgement a few years back is being proven all the time.  5 goals in 41 games vs top 6..... VARDY 22 goals in 41 games vs top 6.

Yes he is and the fact he’s near the top of the scoring charts consistently playing for a team outside the top 6 tells you that.

8 hours ago, Paddock said:

Yes he is and the fact he’s near the top of the scoring charts consistently playing for a team outside the top 6 tells you that.

Same number of goals as Wayne Rooney having played more minutes for a better side as a main striker when Rooney has been used as deep as he's ever been. 

8 goals off Harry Kane....

Started with alot of promise did Rom to be fair.. doesnt take long for old habits to creep in.   I dread to think the tantrums he would have been throwing playing up front for us. 

United looked far more potent without him on Monday... players who could beat  a man to create a shooting opportunity.

Says alot when United fans wish they signed morata happily admitting it to Chelsea fans who were trolling them. 

7 hours ago, hafnia said:

Same number of goals as Wayne Rooney having played more minutes for a better side as a main striker when Rooney has been used as deep as he's ever been. 

8 goals off Harry Kane....

Started with alot of promise did Rom to be fair.. doesnt take long for old habits to creep in.   I dread to think the tantrums he would have been throwing playing up front for us. 

United looked far more potent without him on Monday... players who could beat  a man to create a shooting opportunity.

Says alot when United fans wish they signed morata happily admitting it to Chelsea fans who were trolling them. 

After watching Morata tonight it makes you wonder why! 

From what I have seen of Morata though this season, it doesn't surprise me that he was largely on the bench for Madrid. 

Niasse is not a good option up front on his own form the start.  He really can't play back to goal and is basically useless anywhere except in the box.  He can do well in two situations.  1) with a partner who has the ability to play back to goal, pick passes and play him in.  2) the last 30 minutes when defences are tiring.   Despite his clear lack of technical ability he's a very real threat when going in the right direction.  Asking him to drop deep, pick up the ball and knit play together is only going to kill his confidence and rob us of the effective side to his game.

10 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I'd have him ahead of lukaku. No hesitation. 

Well tonight Lukaku would have had a hatrrick. Plus Morata looks mentally shot at the moment, combined with being rested for fatigue earlier in the season suggests to me that something isn't quite right with him at the moment.