IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

I think Pellegrini would be just as good a choice as De Boer and Koeman.

Emery would be the ultimate front runner just now. Actually, no, he's just lost the Copa Del Rey final to Barcelona...so he's not a winner and therefore not up to our lofty standards/expectations/fantasies!!!

Koeman has ruled himself out and he doesn't seem the type to go back on his word

I'm not against De Boer coming in but he's not my first choice like I've said there's a fair few reports that say he's tactically rigid which we've experienced before

Every manager is a risk regardless of their records and achievements but I'd feel more comfortable with Pellegrini than De Boer but IF Emery is an option he'd be my first choice

Edited by EFC-Paul

There's a few good options out there, hence us possibly still deviding/interviewing/selling the vision/negotiating.

You'd be inclined to think that if it was De Boer or Pellegrini then it will be done pretty soon if not already as they both are out of clubs.

Pah. Dunno. All guess work!!!

There's a few good options out there, hence us possibly still deviding/interviewing/selling the vision/negotiating.

You'd be inclined to think that if it was De Boer or Pellegrini then it will be done pretty soon if not already as they both are out of clubs.

Pah. Dunno. All guess work!!!

Indeed, Nail on the head methinks.

Would love pelligrini have mentioned it before. Did a masterwork at Villarreal and Malaga both small clubs with small stadiums and minute budgets. Attacking football with the most points every for Real Madrid (at the time). Big name, and works well with youngsters and in the transfer market.

Plus he fits the Everton persona. A gentlemen who's not prone to anger and tirades, he's class.

Won plenty of things with city and with the Spanish sides he got champions league.

Was a lame duck this year so hard to judge this year and those signings aren't his, txiti bergistain made all the city signings hence the shit defenders.

Was a lame duck this year so hard to judge this year and those signings aren't his, txiti bergistain made all the city signings hence the shit defenders.

It has to be hard to be motivated when your job is given away a couple of months before the end of the season. The players seem to really like him too.

Would love pelligrini have mentioned it before. Did a masterwork at Villarreal and Malaga both small clubs with small stadiums and minute budgets. Attacking football with the most points every for Real Madrid (at the time). Big name, and works well with youngsters and in the transfer market.

Plus he fits the Everton persona. A gentlemen who's not prone to anger and tirades, he's class.

Won plenty of things with city and with the Spanish sides he got champions league.

I agree, except it wasn't classy when he was waving imaginary cards at the ref when we played them in the cup. Needs to cut that out at his age.

Emery for me now. If he really is one of our top choices they may have been willing to wait until his season had finished with Sevilla before talking face to face. I'm sure they will have had words with his agent before now.

Watching Sevilla come back against Liverpool, going at them 100 mph, and then defending so solidly against Barca last night, they are like a mini Atletico. I'm fine with that.

Emery is now favourite. I'm get the feeling he could be Martinez'esc. Still favouring DeBoer.

emery is a winner and tactically astute. as i've said elsewhere the only question mark is over transfers. at sevilla monchi is the one who recruits and scouts players, emery just works with what he gives him (which is amazing talent on the cheap). so not sure if emery is good in that way or would want a sporting director.

I think De Boer is more of the Martinez mold tbh.

yes i don't want him. i keep reading how tactically inept he is and how he needs a sporting director and he's cold as ice and a hard man. i could live with one of those but all of those and i'm wondering if he's any different than martinez. at least RM could pick a transfer.