IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion (Home) Saturday February 13

markjazzbassist

Horrible result against a tedious side with a shithouse manager.

Poor from us second half, just pass the ball around until we win a corner, watch the corner get headed away by the first man EVERY FUCKING TIME, retrieve the ball, rinse and repeat.

Terrible.

Lukaku needs benching for a while, not for Kone though (what was he doing on the pitch when we had Mirallas and Deulofeu on the bench!?). Hopefully this Niasse actually gets his clearance and doesn't become another "actually, sorry, we didn't really sign him" Leroy Fer case.

over martinez. every one knows the way to beat tiki taka is park the bus. teams have done it from day 1 he got appointed. there has never been and still is not a plan b. it's lose the game, that's plan b. i can't count how many shit games like this we've lost simply because we pass away as the lanes are clogged and have no penetration.

martinez tactics ruined us. his subs were awful, absolute garbage. should have had mccarthy off at halftime with gerry on. it was clear they weren't going to attack no need for 2 DCM. Lennon should have stayed on and mirallas for Clev at 70'.

this is why martinez will never be great, too stubborn to abandon his philosophy and win gritty matches.

We were excellent today. Fucked over by the ref and a team who came here to not lose. 1 mistake cost us, but we absolutely battered them. On to the next.

Sorry Matt, but I'm going to have you out over this. How the fuck can you even begin to excuse that?? No, it wasn't the ref, it wasn't Pulis, it wasn't luck - the cold, hard facts are that we are underperforming horribly and personally I just don't see it as an acceptable option to shrug your shoulders and let it continue.

Football matches are won and lost by team work, individual skill and physical prowess. Every now and then a slice of bad luck or a bad refereeing decision comes into it. But when you are consistently game in game out getting poor results, you just cannot blame it on those things. What happened today? Oh yes, we conceded a soft goal from a corner and wasted a hatful of chances (just said on SSN we had 34 shots, the second most ever by a losing team in the Premier League). These things are not one offs, we have been woeful at the back all season and have failed to turn dominance of the football into goals. In other words, our team work and individual skills are not good enough to win football matches we should be walking. And as for WBA parking the bus, good luck to them. They won because they were better organised and fought tooth and nail to protect their lead.

I let myself believe we might have turned a corner last week, but this is beyond the pale for me. Martinez is a third-rate manager playing the wrong brand of football for the Premier League and unable to instil a winning mentality in the side. If you still want him in charge you need your head checked, this is not goid enough fir EFC.

Destiny is a bitch, we were never going to win this game, the post, the ref, fucking albion playing out of their skin, it just wasn't meant to be.

We played well, we had good intensity and created enough chances to win 2 matches.

To those who say we didn't have a plan B I say you weren't watching the same game as me or are too looking for fault in Martinez. We tried passing it round them, we tried diagonal balls, we tried route run and give and goes and we created loads of chances which just didn't go in - it happens.

As for the Subs I personally would have brought on Mirallas for Cleverley, but understand bringing on Kone, to add a more physical element and to help Lukaku. Jerry for Lennon was for me a mistake, its like for like, I would have brought him on for Barry or McCathy and just gone for it. Bringing on Ossie I think was ok as he has quick feet and a quick footballing mind and could have found an opening.

On to the next game, keep the intensity and the belief and we will win allot more matches.

over martinez. every one knows the way to beat tiki taka is park the bus. teams have done it from day 1 he got appointed. there has never been and still is not a plan b. it's lose the game, that's plan b. i can't count how many shit games like this we've lost simply because we pass away as the lanes are clogged and have no penetration.

martinez tactics ruined us. his subs were awful, absolute garbage. should have had mccarthy off at halftime with gerry on. it was clear they weren't going to attack no need for 2 DCM. Lennon should have stayed on and mirallas for Clev at 70'.

this is why martinez will never be great, too stubborn to abandon his philosophy and win gritty matches.

There is a plan B though Mark, play on the counter like we do away from home. Only a footballing imbecile could fail to see that the squad we have got is better playing at pace, drawing teams on and playing it in behind. Martinez is the worst kind of imbecile, too arrogant to learn from his glaring mistakes.

There is a plan B though Mark, play on the counter like we do away from home. Only a footballing imbecile could fail to see that the squad we have got is better playing at pace, drawing teams on and playing it in behind. Martinez is the worst kind of imbecile, too arrogant to learn from his glaring mistakes.

Not particularly arguing with you about having a plan B but obviously you've never heard of 1) the Goodison crowd and 2) Tony Pulis if you think that you can get this West Brom team to come onto the front foot when 1-0 up away from home, and do so without the home crowd losing their shit.

Not particularly arguing with you about having a plan B but obviously you've never heard of 1) the Goodison crowd and 2) Tony Pulis if you think that you can get this West Brom team to come onto the front foot when 1-0 up away from home, and do so without the home crowd losing their shit.

Well how about don't concede a stupid goal first? I feel like I'm stuck on repeat, but if it's a one off, fine, its frustrating but you shrug it off. When it is game in, game out for 18 frigging months you start to want to hurt things really badly...

And I don't agree that playing a more direct, counter-attacking style would be unwelcome at Goodison. Can you imagine if we started playing like Leicester at home? The crowd would love it, certainly a lot more than the aimless possession guff that is getting everyone's backs up so badly.

Lennon and Barkley first half were great.

Happens all the time with this type of team/manager coming here. We can't break them down. Awful substitutions and the most in creative in attacking central midfield partnership ever.

Lennon and Barkley first half were great.

Happens all the time with this type of team/manager coming here. We can't break them down. Awful substitutions and the most un creative un attacking central midfield partnership ever.

Edited by MC11

We lost due to a soft goal. That put pressure on us and meant they could close up shop.

Jags and Mori should be meeting those headers and Robles should watch the ball not the player. Need to he braver there.

We lost because we couldn't break them down. Not because of a soft goal - soft lad.

Well how about don't concede a stupid goal first? I feel like I'm stuck on repeat, but if it's a one off, fine, its frustrating but you shrug it off. When it is game in, game out for 18 frigging months you start to want to hurt things really badly...

And I don't agree that playing a more direct, counter-attacking style would be unwelcome at Goodison. Can you imagine if we started playing like Leicester at home? The crowd would love it, certainly a lot more than the aimless possession guff that is getting everyone's backs up so badly.

In general yes we could play more direct at home and in general, as this suits your wingers, Ross and Rom much better but I was mainly referring to the "drawing teams on" comment. You could bring your sleeping bags and a flask of hot chocolate and sit around a campfire in your own box, a Pulis team away from home will still not come and attack you, especially if they've gone up 1-0.

In general yes we could play more direct at home and in general, as this suits your wingers, Ross and Rom much better but I was mainly referring to the "drawing teams on" comment. You could bring your sleeping bags and a flask of hot chocolate and sit around a campfire in your own box, a Pulis team away from home will still not come and attack you, especially if they've gone up 1-0.

I understand your point but plenty of teams have been finding them pretty easy to beat this season. Just underlines how badly we're doing something wrong that we are not one of them.

Lads , we NEED A PROPER NR 10 !!! Barkley just does not do it in that position - he creates far too little for other players - play him on the left wing , or deeper but not in the engine room -

Why we did not play our two most dangerous runners with the ball Deulefeu and Mirallas against 4 centre backs is beyond me -

Why Osman is used as a match winner is beyond my whole family .

We simply have too few players capable of scoring regularly - but Martinez still plays Osman ahead of Mirallas

The substitutions were poor today, no two ways about it. Sticking Kone and Osman on the pitch when you've got Mirallas on the bench is beyond comprehending - these are two players who can keep possession for us, not explosive types who will produce a moment of quality to break down a stubborn defence.

The substitutions were poor today, no two ways about it. Sticking Kone and Osman on the pitch when you've got Mirallas on the bench is beyond comprehending - these are two players who can keep possession for us, not explosive types who will produce a moment of quality to break down a stubborn defence.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Martinez/Mirallas relationship though. Nothing at all. Honest

He was McCarthy s man he was the one watching. Joel was guarding near post like he should.

Ye wasn't sure who it was that should have been making.

Joel starting position was fine. Just thought he could have swiped at the ball rather than anticipate the player coming on....it's not like it was out of reach.

The goal was a soft one to concede and meant that they could sit back and let us pass it around.

We don't take nearly enough shots in anger.