IGNORED

US Politics/Biden Presidency (Trump-free zone)

johnh

I'm starting to get really nervous about all this :(

Think we should club together and buy a desert island if he wins, we can all live on coconut and fish and call it TTland.

We should probably get in early because the cost of desert islands will soon be rising nearly as much as the value of Sterling is falling.

Stop the World I want to get off.

If Trump wins, and you can lay bricks or mix cement, I'd get on the first palne to the USA, the man is going to build a huge wall around the country, it will be a job for life.

Unless he use's cheap Mexican labour to build it, if he does, I would advise any Mexicans to be on the U.S side when the last brick is laid........it's your only chance!

Trump's not going to win and I hope Hillary's first foreign leader phone call is to Theresa May; not because they agree on stuff, but just to cement the friendship. It's a crazy world out there and England and the US need to be together. Second foreign call should be to Angela Merkel. Same thing. No more wars in Europe.

Trump's not going to win and I hope Hillary's first foreign leader phone call is to Theresa May; not because they agree on stuff, but just to cement the friendship. It's a crazy world out there and England and the US need to be together. Second foreign call should be to Angela Merkel. Same thing. No more wars in Europe.

Clinton is obviously miles better than Trump but im not sure of her either. I hope she wins because the alternative is terrifying. At this point im hoping for a miracle Mcmullin twist. That he somehow manages to keep both Trump and Clinton from winning outright and then cause dreadlock in the Electoral College and get the republican support in the house. That would make him the next potus. Theres currently a 3% chance of that.

Edited by Peter H

Clinton is obviously miles better than Trump but im not sure of her either. I hope she wins because the alternative is terrifying. At this point im hoping for a miracle Mcmullin twist. That he somehow manages to keep both Trump and Clinton from winning outright and then cause dreadlock in the Electoral College and get the republican support in the house. That would make him the next potus. Theres currently a 3% chance of that.

They don't have to go with McMullen in that scenario. They could choose anyone. This is really the best scenario, but I don't see it happening. Trump is now ahead in the polls.

They don't have to go with McMullen in that scenario. They could choose anyone. This is really the best scenario, but I don't see it happening. Trump is now ahead in the polls.

What polls are you looking at? Every poll I've looked at has Clinton in the lead (except for one).

Hillary's national polling average is 45.6% to Trump's 41.8%

Why would her first call be to May? May, Johnson and co are the English equivalent of Trump.

Reporting in Europe right now is that it looks like its gonna be president Trump. Pretty sad for the USA, but incredibly frightening for the rest of the world to have the most powerful man in the world be someone who doesnt believe in global warming, the importance of nato and nuclear non-proliferation.

Looks like 2016 will be the year the angry white man makes his last stance, with detrimental consequences.

What polls are you looking at? Every poll I've looked at has Clinton in the lead (except for one).

Hillary's national polling average is 45.6% to Trump's 41.8%

Washington post and ABC news has him ahead by 1 point today.

Clinton is still at 76% to be the next POTUS tho. You can still win the elevation even if the other candidate gets the most votes

Why would her first call be to May? May, Johnson and co are the English equivalent of Trump.

Reporting in Europe right now is that it looks like its gonna be president Trump. Pretty sad for the USA, but incredibly frightening for the rest of the world to have the most powerful man in the world be someone who doesnt believe in global warming, the importance of nato and nuclear non-proliferation.

Looks like 2016 will be the year the angry white man makes his last stance, with detrimental consequences.

Re the first paragraph. I suppose its marginally better than being called the English equivalent of Juncker.

Re the first paragraph. I suppose its marginally better than being called the English equivalent of Juncker.

:)

Yes, Juncker is a real threat to global peace, world economy etc. He can't even organise the signing of a treaty without being shown up by a little region of 4m people. Juncker was a horrible choice for commission chief but he's the end result of a typical EU political compromise.

As I wrote in my previous post Trump is a threat to Nato, nuclear non-proliferation, limiting global warming.. not to mention domestic policies such as overturning roe v wade, stop-and-frisk, tax cuts for the wealthiest, ... but it's OK if you agree with that..

Edited by holystove

:)

Yes, Juncker is a real threat to global peace, world economy etc. He can't even organise the signing of a treaty without being shown up by a little region of 4m people. Juncker was a horrible choice for commission chief but he's the end result of a typical EU political compromise.

As I wrote in my previous post Trump is a threat to Nato, nuclear non-proliferation, limiting global warming.. not to mention domestic policies such as overturning roe v wade, stop-and-frisk, tax cuts for the wealthiest, ... but it's OK if you agree with that..

I read the original before the edit :P.

I think you have a short memory. Your 'Nice' post was the most disgusting post I have ever read on a website.

I'll keep out of this other than saying the two of you are both highly intelligent guys who are very different politically; both have strong views which is fine.

Hopefully we can keep things above the nastiness currently happening in the US.

Just spent a week in the states (still dealing with jet lag). Very mixed views talking to cab (Lyft) drivers. Still convinced Trump will win, but this close to the vote if I was American I'd be voting Hillary 100%. She just scares me less.

I watched Michael Moore in Trumpland last night, very interesting insight into things I had no idea about.

Also, Trumps make America great again line really annoys me. I've been to the states every two years as far back as being a little kid. It's not a perfect country, neither is ours, but it's always been a great country to me.

Edited by StevO

The most scary thing by far is what Donald Trump asked - twice - when meeting with a general. "We have all these nuclear weapons, so why don't we use them?"

If Trump wins we are completely fucked out of EU with a USA president who is going to say you're fired when we ask for a deal and Boris wanting to take the Russians on sounds like a fictitious TV program.

Welcome to the new U.K the latest third world country run by a bunch of pricks.